Kanyes lack of originality?

Been reading up onto kanye's impact onto streetwear in the last years. A common occurring theme was that kanye loves to bite from either big houses or other high-end fashion heads. We're his 350s series original? Did they have an origin of inspiration that he took from?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PsO6ZnUZI0g
thefashionlaw.com/home/nyfw-kanye-west-x-adidas-was-very-inspired
youtube.com/watch?v=AcWpbbX_aIE
youtube.com/watch?v=fYwiR1kA7gI&t=5238s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Aren't they loosely based on some military shoe?

i was hoping to have some more specifics such as the relationship of Kanye's Yeezy Season One and whether its 2002 Raf/Helmut Lang

From an interview

>“You guys know my fucking influences. I’ve got four influences and it’s written all over the face, you know the combination. Just as much as Drake is influenced by Kanye West, you know my fucking influences. You see Raf Simons right there, you see Helmut, you see Margiela, you see Vanessa [Beecroft], you see Katharine Hamnett. It’s blatantly right there. I’m not going to try and act like I was influenced by a fucking dog walking down the street that broke its ankle that I had a heartfelt discussion with.”

Don't know about specific pieces

The 350 is obviously really similar to roshe ones, and there has been rumours that Kanye was involved in the design of Roshes and that he started working on the 350 when he was still with Nike.
Other theory is that the 350 is designed to look like roshe to rub it in Nike's face. The stripe on the V2 is rumoured to mock the Nike swoosh.
Just rumours though, nothing confirmed.

Or he lacked of creativity and copied his former contact company

I unironically love this fit

Probably his best style Ive seen him wear

Gives me 90s feel mix with futuristic

I thought it was common knowledge that he takes a lot of inspiration and influence from many of the different artist he loves and works with. From clothes, film, music, stage design. That's how a lot of other great artist function as well.

He's probably had some great original ideas that got passed along and refined, throughout his career in music and fashion. Whenever I hear or read about other creatives having a chance to talk or work with him they always mention the conversations are never mundane and mostly focused on work, art, creating, building.

His clothing is very original though.

He clearly pulls influences from Raf, Helmut and Margiela but I'd say in the end his entire line plays pretty originally, the biggest problem being that he copies himself (each season has been pretty similar, though to be fair there is also a clear evolution)

When I look at his shows and look books I can't think of much that it directly resembles

makes me think of Akira weirdly

This quote is so beautiful

That is his favorite movie.

HE BITES SHIA

/thread

especially w the blonde hair he totally looks like an animoo

youtube.com/watch?v=PsO6ZnUZI0g

This whole video is inspired by Akira.

Kanye perfectly illustrates the fact that ugly people cannot pull off high fashion

Shia gifted his cap to 'Ye

Kanye has never been an originator, but has always been a reinventer. It's obvious when you look at his music. Heavy sampling, remixed to a new and interesting style that catches on and sets the trend. When it comes to clothes, why would you expect anything different?

If you want to be successful offering a product/service, you either have to:
>A) create something original that people didn't even know they wanted until they saw it
>B) copy/steal something that exists already and make it better

Kanye's approach to everything seems to be building on top of something that already exists, and he does it very well

they look nothing alike lol

i totally catch the akira vibe. really dope fit he pulls the look off well

Here's a quick read regarding the Helmut Lang comparisons

thefashionlaw.com/home/nyfw-kanye-west-x-adidas-was-very-inspired

>>B) copy/steal something that exists already and make it better
typical nigger tactics

I wonder what his favorite anime is rn. prob eromanga sensei

>Blue and black
No thanks

Are you drunk? Silhouette very similar

Better than doing literally nothing like you cunt

>Putting blame on niggers
Typical /pol/ tactic

Look at the silhouette, look at the sole's shape. It' really fucking similar.
The uppers design has some differences yes, but the shape is almost the same and it's obvious.

> I’m not going to try and act like I was influenced by a fucking dog walking down the street that broke its ankle that I had a heartfelt discussion with.”

i forgot that kanye is actually hilarious

He definitely has a Veeky Forums-esque sense of humor. I suspect it's because he has mild autism/asperger's. This would also explain his awkwardness in interviews

Are you talking about when he pauses for long moments to think of an answer?
I think it's just a habit he has developed over time, because he doesn't want to say something that he'll regret later on, or something that might get misunderstood. Like he wants to put out intelligent answers that people actually listen to, appreciate and take seriously.
Take a look at these two interviews, he is completely different in the first one.
youtube.com/watch?v=AcWpbbX_aIE
youtube.com/watch?v=fYwiR1kA7gI&t=5238s
He mostly just says the first thing that comes to his mind whereas on the latter he takes time to think what to say.

He is suspected to have bipolar disorder, so the more "our there" interviews are rumoured to be from times when he had a manic episode.