perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/faq/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wear a suit, have a full beard, and work in a business formal setting.

Recommendations for year round scents?

I like NOIR fragrances, right now using 1740 Marquis De Sade and there is like 1nl left.

And I am thinking - what should l choose - two middle average fragrances, one for the day, and one noiry for evening, or one expensive?
What can you suggest for me? I have like $300-400

Sauvage
Invictus
Dylan Blue

What the fuck?

Terre d'Hermes and Grey Vetiver if you're over 25.

who here waiting for viking sample

Nah, I sent them an email 2 days again now asking about getting samples in Canada and the niggers never responded.

I am, however, waiting for a sampling flight from Ganache Parfums that should arrive probably Monday or Tuesday, so that's nice.

I tried MI and GIT

they both smelled like ass to me

Do you guys like Histoires des Perfums? Is $20 for five samples a good deal? What's shipping like?

So far pretty good, one of the interesting frags that smell good

yeah good deal
>whats shipping like
where are you even buying from

Seems like you can't buy a 150ml bottle of Prada L'Homme in the US. Do you guys know of any eu websites that would ship to the US?

United States of America. Does it matter where when shipping from France ?

yeah shipping accross ocean can be expensive but i meant what website but anyway

Well that's what they do right on their website, and you can get twenty dollars off a purchase of a 3.3 oz bottle by redeeming your sample purchase with them it's kinda neat. Can you buy it on other websites?

delicious frag, I recommend a try

Anyone got a spicy boozy masculine rose frag rec?

luckyscent, + it's in america

Well that's... strange. Direct from their site you can choose five 2 ml samples for 20 dollars, but luckyscent you can get 10 already chosen 2 ml scents for 20 dollars. That's almost too good to be true, and this ships from the US?

yep los angeles or something iirc

who /frag addict/ here

just dedicated a whole day to buying and trying frags

Which of these scents, or ones that would be recommended, would go with the youthful playfulness of Raf ss97 and the minimal sophistication of Lang ss98?

hell yeah fucking good frag, bottle worthy

any cheap ass frag that smells okay for guy under 25? your beater scent, say, the one you wear when you're going for cheap but not peasant.

nautica voyage

what about fall/winter?

does jeremy post here

/fra/ btfo

No one gives a shit about a guy thats in it for the money and pretends to love fragrance with his little kit he totally doesn't pull out just for the camera. Everything he shows he gets sent to him, the tiny "kit" vials we given to him by the supplier for recognition, despite being a model and should know some basic legal shit he can't disclose for crap. Anyone who critiques him is immediately a "jealous hater" apparently too. He just has a fanbase he can easily manipulate with fake acting and "OMG HE DID THE SIGNATURE TWIRL THEREFORE HE REALLY LOVES WHAT HE DOES!!!!!" He is an insult to people that genuinely love fragrances, sure he's your go to guy for compliments, but his opinion on the industry shouldn't be held above anyone else's cause all the insight he gets is free shit from companies or events, nothing more.

Plebs.

Finally someone said it! Hitting the nail on the damn head!

>go to shops to try fragrances
>have to be asked every 3 seconds if I need help
>store people won't leave you alone and they try to force fragrances on you
>end up just giving up and going home

The best thing is when you go to a couple of stores from the same franchise and ask them for a recommandation they will all point to the same fragrance. In spring I was looking for something light and citrusy (so 50% of mens scents), 3 different Sephoras in 3 different cities and the assistants would always point me to the new Jimmy Choo first...

Whatcha wearing this fall/winter /fg/? Pic related is likely what I'll wear most.

I was thinking of adding the original A*Men if I can get it for a good price.

why do you post here aaaa my eyes

Any reccomendation for a smoky frag?
Designer or niche doesnt matter neither the price range, all welcome.

smoky menthol

black tourmaline

Norne

which is the best from the chanel allure series?

Edition Blanche

>Finally someone said it!
>finally

Didn't try the original. Eau Extreme is too heavy and Edition Blanche too light so I'd go with Homme Sport.

Did anyone else notice that once you used up about 10% of the bottle a lot of fragrances tend to become slightly heavier but also last longer? or am I just imagining things?

In terms of compliments, eau extreme

In terms of scent, edition blanche

fuck, responding to

VPH is way better than AHS

the opening of AHS is basically VPH but better, but then it turns into a creamy headache inducing mess

>tfw blind bought $300 worth of fragrances

who /living on the edge/ here

Which were they? Good luck, impulsive user.

I'm a noob at fragrances, but I just tried a few samples and really liked both Invictus and Eros. Should I just buy both or force myself to choose? They both smell different enough that it doesn't feel like I'd be getting more of the same.

When wearing deodorant, should I try to find something as neutral as possible, or try to find something that compliments the scent?

>liking Invictus and Eros

CH prive
Lancôme hypnose
La nuit
individeul

Use crystal deodorant such as pic related along with antibacterial bar soap in the shower. The deodorant soap helps to ensure complete bacteria kill, and rubbing the mineral salt stick into your damp armpits leaves a residue that inhibits bacteria growth. No bacteria means no stink. I apply scent directly to the armpits after using the stick.

Huh? They're good beginner fragrances.

You can buy both sure. But if you don't have many frags, need some other types of frags (I.e winter, casual summer, work etc) and don't have much to spend then just get one of them (I would say Eros)

>But if you don't have many frags, need some other types of frags (I.e winter, casual summer, work etc)

How do you tell the different categories of fragrances apart in this sense? I really have no clue what makes something appropriate for one season over another. I wouldn't be wearing them every single day, but just when going out/on dates/etc.

After you smell enough you will start to learn the differences

A good casual summer scent should have a citrus, fresh and light scent.

Something for going out in winter should be heavier possibly with darker notes of tobacco and whisky/run etc

For dates I don't think you can go past Dolce & Gabbana The One. The projection isn't great but the scent is amazing. The perfect skin scent

Sauvage is also a great to one to have as it can be worn to literally any occasion

>The perfect skin scent

What does this mean? And do categories overlap? Like are there different fragrances for dates in winter vs dates in summer vs work in winter?

I DONT LIKE LEATHER FRAGRANCES AND THIS ONE SMELLS TERRIBLE

>'''''''''''''beginner fragrances'''''''''''''

sure it's better than axe and I guess that makes them refreshing when you smell them for the first time but it's still shit

help m8s

sucks bro, im in canada and they're sending me a sample

>NOIR fragrances
What is?

>sure it's better than axe and I guess that makes them refreshing when you smell them for the first time but it's still shit

t. sample de toilette

How'd you manage that? They never even responded to me.

Yeah, I search CL and local thrift stores for frags current and vintage, also I've swapped off CL twice now too. Last purchase: Envy fM and Unforgivable Multi Platinum for ~$25 apiece and they both sell for $200+ on eBay.

What would you categorize Invictus and Eros as?

Burberry London?

pure clubbing scents

Eros for cooler temps and Invictus for warmer nights though you could wear Eros in summer too

Invictus is a summer scent. Eros is pretty versatile, because the citrus and mint are good for summer, but the vanilla and tonka give it enough substance to stand up in colder weather.

fuck this frag makes me sad. fucking terrible.

meme

Brit is better

What are some basic fragrances everyone should at least sample to have minimal experience with what exists? Also, reasonably priced is a plus.

>D&G The One
>Acqua di Gio
>Kouros
>Aventus
>Sauvage
>1 million
>Burberry london
>L'eau d'issey
>D'hermes

Should give you a broad range of scents

How come fragrancenet is not in the OP? It usually has a lot of sales and seems to be better priced than some of the sample sites listed. Is there a specific reason to exclude it?

OP links are for where to cop samples in the form of decants.

Fragrancenet sells official samples.

What's the difference between eau de toilette and parfum?

Read the links in the OP. Here's a good one:
perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/faq/

The concentration. EDT is less concentrated than an EDP.

Like dark, smoky, woody, like holding some secret.

Where did you get that definition from? Did you make it up yourself?

This is my association with the noir atmosphere. What is yours?

heres my definition: pisspiss
suck it loser! see ya aroud! *walks out with the bottle of sauvage that he stole from* haha bro

The word (or acronym since you capitalized it) NOIR isn't a meaningful adjective in regards to fragrance. There are many, many (hundreds? scores at least) scents with "Noir/e" in the name, but there is no common denominator connecting all of them. Lately, it seems like an excuse to add vanilla.

I just found it odd that you use the word, in all caps no less, and expect others to know what you mean by it.

In any case, some dark, smoky woody favorites:
Antaeus
Aoud Cuir d'Arabie (etc.)
Encre Noire (& à l'Extrême/Sport)
La Yuqawam Tobacco Blaze pH
Narciso Rodriguez fH
Salvador Dali pH

is it ok to buy tester bottles?
I dont plan on displaying my fragrances so I dont really give a shit about fancy packaging and whatnot.
I just want to save some money but I dont want to buy testers if they are weaker versions of non tester fragrances.

Right now im quite liking dylan blue. I was given a sample of some prada one recently and i quite like the after scent of it, i think i might get some

Same juice. Buy away. Some will not come with cap, FYI.

sauvage is all around better desu

but it's not bad

i got into it because of the other one they make, Eau Fraiche. how would you say sauvage compares to db

I'm no expert. I don't own a lot of frags.

Testers seem to be a common disguise for fakes. It's up to you. I may not have the greatest of faith in the perfume industry, but I believe that their juices will have less carcinogens than whatever those who create replica scents can cook up.

Last time I bought a so-called tester it barely smelled like what it claimed to be.

>less carcinogens
Is there a way to tell how much harmful bullshit like this a legit frag has? Lately I've begun feeling like I should really be worrying more about it.

Eau Fraiche is actually really nice. From Versace I have Eau Fraiche (x2), Pour Homme, Dylan Blue and Eros. I would say Eau Fraiche is overall the nicest in terms of scent, though it's really for summer only and projection isn't great.

Compared to DB, Sauvage just stands out way more and lasts and projects better than DB. It's much fresher and more airy. DB has this strange kind of quality about it, like they've taken Sauvage and mixed it with shampoo. It's kind of like a more subtle version of Sauvage so I think it could be a more suitable work scent. But overall I would pick Sauvage. In fact I would take it over any other frag I own out of 25 or so. It's just so versatile.

>I would say Eau Fraiche is overall the nicest in terms of scent, though it's really for summer only and projection isn't great.
actually thats one of the reasons i like it, being in australia its good for 75% of the year.
ill probs try sauvage next time im at a perfume store though, being more airey might be good for spring

australia here too desu

What is up with pineapple vintage.
Now they have 5 variations with Noir intense and Beyond noir

Fucking love Eau Fraiche. U know ur shit user

SO i tried YSL la nuit and while it was nice, i don't know when i would wear it. I don't go out to a lot of evening shit.

Suggestions?

Should how you apply change depending on the fragrance? Or should you always do it the same way? How many times should you spray, overall?

I'd go with YSL L'Homme. Much more casual.

i just sent an email the day they launched the website

Fuck. That's what I did too.

I have Dior Homme Intense for winter and cold days. Now I want something a bit fresh, so far I am partial to Channel Bleu Parfum and Terre d'Hermes. Any input here? (longevity, appropriateness, alternatives etc)

I am 25 and pretty casual-smart dressed. Shirt sleeves rolled up, jeans or relaxed chinos, sneakers.

Good recommendations
Fumerie Turque
L'incendiaire
Avignon
Bois d'encens
(Last two are more incense smoky)