Heading to the Amazon rainforest, tried making this thread before but didn't get a lot of replies

Heading to the Amazon rainforest, tried making this thread before but didn't get a lot of replies

Jungle effay/inspiration thread

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.eaglecreek.com/pack-it-original/l/477
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mosquito_Coast
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We already went over this, you don't need a lot of replies. Most of those pictures you are posting aren't jungle any way. Fury was about WW2 what kind of jungles do you find in Europe? Buy light, breathable clothes, any kind of hiking boots that are water resistant, change socks often and bring a rain poncho. This isn't the board for this, you're not doing a photo shoot, you're hiking around a rainforest that has killed more people than you even associate with. Function over form.

You don't even know what I'm doing nigger

What are you doing then?

Manaus?

Just . . . Be careful not to look too tacticool

w2c chest hair

you're going to die bitch

>Go to the hottest, most humid place on Earth
>Care about how you look

Yeah, naw.

>you're hiking around a rainforest that has killed more people than you even associate with.

I love you for this.

OP, I strongly recommend 100% linen clothing. Get two pairs of trousers and two button down shirts and you'll be all set. Bear in mind that linen does tend to get hella wrinkly after hand washing it and letting it hang to dry, so you might also want to invest in a small and easily packable travel iron with the correct plug for whatever type of outlets they use. But if you get trousers and button downs that fit well, you'll look great and you'll be very, very comfortable in the heat and humidity, because nothing breathes better than linen. I don't know whether you can actually afford all this shit or not, but you'd be stylin' if you could fit everything your bringing into a nice and smallish shoulder bag. You'll have the trousers and button down shirt that you're wearing, and you'll also have the second pair of pants and the second shirt folded in your bag (possibly inside of Eagle Creek Pack-It Garment Folders to protect them from other shit in the bag and to keep them neatly ironed), so it seems like you'd be able to pack really light. Just an extra set of clothes, a tiny iron, a small toiletry bag and then odds and ends like laundry detergent to wash out your clothing in sinks every night or two before you go to sleep. Anyway, have fun.

shop.eaglecreek.com/pack-it-original/l/477

Wrinkly linen is part of the jungle look, don't bother with an iron.

Get youself a tilley hat son. They're indestructible, comfy and you won't loose them if you wear the straps.

Good advice.

>you after hour 3

I love the materials and cut of the 3rd Reich's Afrika Korp uniforms. While its wasn't used in a Jungle/Rainforest setting, it does give off that vibe of early 20th century adventure.

>Thread about retarded Veeky Forumsg going to the fucking Amazon
>Hur dur dude check out my wehraboo shit

I hope OP is stupid enough to take advice from people like you and ends up dying

This user does make quite a good point, OP. You don't want to stand out as a fucking rich American dumbass (especially if you're white) while you're touring impoverished dirt poor potentially dangerous 3rd world shitholes whose customs you're probably completely clueless about. Though it certainly IS possible that the Nazi look could actually work to your benefit, depending on what part of South America you'll be visiting, I personally wouldn't take that kind of chance. I wouldn't dress like some air-headed rich-boy preppy flaunting his wealth and his too-damn-close-to-potential-homosexual fashion sense either. Maybe take some tips from the young and handsome River Phoenix character in The Mosquito Coast, who just wore thrashed tee shirts or the Harrison Ford character who preferred looose and jungle-comfy short sleeve button downs. Like others have said, focus on function and safety, i.e. not looking like a walking ATM machine.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mosquito_Coast

Is also right,don't go there looking like some preppy wannabe hard white boy,even tho there's white people in Brazil,i'm pretty sure every one will know that you are a gringo,what you need is just some normal clothes and clothes that will protect you from snakes,mosquitos,rain,heat and maybe also cold,and i really don't know if something like that exist,but a good thing is clothes with secret pockets or anything like that in case someone tries to rob you.

If you're actually serious 100% tech fabrics only obviously as with any outdoor pursuit
Even if you're not serious no cotton it will make you want to die