Yeezy Season 5

he's not even trying to be sublte about it anymore, these are straight ripoffs

the originals, for reference

Took you 5 seasons to realize this?

he still creates shit while you shitpost on Veeky Forums though

>selling a ripped-off $30 boot design for $450
what an inspiration

It's almost as if the biggest designers don't take things ever??? How could Margiela, Yohji, Takahashi, Raf, Rick, Demeulemeester, or Hedi ever do this??

Why would you choose to hang out in this board dedicated such things if this is common knowledge?

snr

too bad the top ones actually look more sneaker like.

slimmer toe, runner style sole. it reminds me of what fear of god tried to do with its "sneaker boot", but kanye's is done a lot better

This, I'm a Hedi whore but I totally admit that he rips off a ton of designs.

kind of like these?

everything on point except the CPs
way different silhouette and even if the ricks were based on CPs, achilles' are literally adidas rip off as well

Ripping off Rothco? Are you trolling or stupid?

It's a military standard, which Rothco makes a particularly shitty version of.

Those don’t look sneaker like at all, are you retarded? Also there is a difference between ripping off a certain shoe and making another version of a type of shoe. Like how everyone has made a bomber jacket, that’s a type of jacket. No one owns that design anymore. Or maybe jeans, everyone makes jeans but no one is crying about people ripping off the inventor of jeans. These things have become a type of jacket, pants, shoe and the original version has either been forgotten or no one cares enough to buy them or defend them

Right I'm sure he didn't get the idea from Rothco at all

It's not like him wearing Rothco led to an explosion in the brand's popularity or anything

Hmmm....

you are fucked in the head
that's not ripping off, that's making yet another version of a type of boot

What bummed me out about season 5 is that it's basically just season 4 items with different colourways.

Are you somehow under the impression that Rothco invented those boots?

First off that is a season 4 boot not season 5.

Second it is called a military boot, sooo not really a rip off cuz.

More like an inspired boot called a military boot that is 450$ and a normal military boot is 120$.

Also the inside of the yeezy is all leather and the outside is solt suede.

I'll make it very plan for you.

1. Kanye starts wearing combat boots routinely around early 2014. Not just any combat boots. Specifically ROTHCO.
2. Combat boots see a resurgence in popularity within the streetwear community, do mainly in part to Kanye (and Shia) popularizing them. ROTHCO in particular see a huge uptick.
3. Kanye releases a "sneaker-boot" under his own label that looks not just like any combat boot, but specifically like ROTHCO's, a brand that he has a known appreciation for

Am I going too fast for you or should I slow down?

To be fair i think Nike boots were more heavily memed but maybe im just biased cuz that's what i see

Dude what part of it literally being called a military boot leads you to think "sneaker-boot".

And OMG Kanye made a more expensive military boot with loads of leather cuz he likes and has been wearing military boots for years.

The world is coming to an end

my point is that it's obviously lifted from Rothco, that's it. anyone who disagrees might as well join the "350's aren't Roshe ripoffs" camp while they're at it

user, you realize all of those "adidas rip-offs" were a collaboration with adidas, right?

Oh for sure. I was just saying it is called the yeezy military boot.

Rothco makes a straight copy of the standard-issue combat boot. Lots of companies do this. If Kanye wanted to, he could also do this. It's not a trademarked design.

Lots of companies also make sneaker-style versions of the desert boot. Kanye was clearly inspired by one of these, not the Rothco boots.

So much animal skins have to be used for this...

when you are actually brain dead

Rothcho isn't some fucking innovator that designed some 'original military boot'.
It's a company that makes cheaper alternatives and different verions of standard issue military boots.
Also the Rotcho boots you've posted here don't look anything like Kanye's boot. Sole is completely different and the upper is a different shape. Take a look at the toe piece and lacing system on Kanye's boot and those you've posted.

Lot's of companies make their own military boots, are you saying they're all ripping off Rothco?

this
the worst part is Rothco is actually fucking garbage quality. you basically wanna avoid rothco, mil-tec, brandit and other garbage companies making repros of old surplus items for cheap, they all shit

I've had a couple Brandit jackets and the quality is actually pretty decent especially taking the price in concideration.
I have a pea coat (60€), bundeswehr parka (120€) and an m65 jacket (60€) from Brandit and they've all held up pretty well.
Mil-tec is definitely worse, no experience of Rotcho.

>they've all held up pretty well
see that's not really saying anything, I'm sure they 'hold up' fine but it doesn't change that they are bottom of the barrel trash as far as military repros go

you're wrong bruh

>you're wrong bruh
What an argument there mate, you really proved me wrong!

As someone who was in the military. You don't even want the real military boots.

Everyone knows that you just buy aftermarket boots and throw out the standard issue boots they give you.

The Rotcho or Wellco boots that are standard issue are trash. They weigh like 2lbs.

Just get some Nike SFB's or some 511's as they weigh only like 19oz and have real ankle support.