Grunge Inspo

ITT: 90's esque grunge aesthetic

I recommend you Wavves. It is like modern Nirvana.

the best grungey distressed and beat up clothes are not bought pre-fuck up. they are taken to shitty rock shows, and run thru the mud, breaking into places, etc

True, and never washed/washed way too many times

modern grunge is so tryhard and ugly

90% of people that actually pull it off dont really try to. The people that really try focus to much on the pieces and not the aesthetic and end up over doing it.

>90% of people that actually pull it off dont really try to.
this

grunge is about not trying and not giving a fuck, if you try to look grunge, your'e doing it wrong

and we all know personality and lifestyle is very important to a fit

same applies to the half-joke category of "sleazecore". it looks extra bad if you don't look like you actually live in or wear your clothes regularly (for grunge or anything else), it looks like you're wearing a costume.

>grunge is best on actual grungy people and not hypebeasts in flannel shirts right off of the rack
who knew

nice

In the northwest, pre web boom, a lot of kids just didn't have any money. West side of the state isn't necessarily always rainy like depicted, but it's just always overcast, which leads to everybody being pasty and pale.

Why it looks so tryhard is because you have kids with money doing it. This isn't something that kids from the NW were trying for fun in the 90's (and still in some areas today) it's because a lot of people didn't have money. Grunge is literally just a collection of kids favorite, heavily-worn clothes and it's really utilitarian because of the weather, you needed stuff that lasted years because you didn't have the money to replace it. It needed to be comfortable because you were most likely walking from one place to another, you were wearing the same clothes for multiple days depending on where you're at, exc. Even though the bigger areas like Seattle and Portland are more developed there's a lot of natural areas, a lot of driving, a lot of walking, and your clothes don't need to be nice or fit, they just need to be on your body and need to keep you warm/dry.

This fad of people who don't like metal wearing metal tees is so fucking annoying. I miss the time when people used to wear a band merch because they digged the band not just because it's trendy.

holy fuck kill yourself

i feel like mac demarco kinda ruined the whole look––flannel stuff like this has been ruined but the more 60s-looking stuff like and cobain's outfit during the kurt loder interview still look great i think

90s PNW seems like a comfy life, would you still recommend living there today?

picrelated boys, am i grunge? or just another poser shit

that would be pretty grunge

mac demarco did nothing wrong

i don't know user. i definitely don't associate flannels with grunge anymore, i associate them with the dune rat hipsters in Newtown and the lumineers. and i think picrelated raises an interesting point, it makes me think of bands like Alvvays and DIIV. i'm sure we can agree to hate on mac fans

but to each their own man

I never chuckle anymore; thank you.

different user

i'm a BC boy & have lived here my whole life

expensive as fuck in comparison to other places in Canada & the US, but it's absolutely gorgeous. I don't think i'll ever permanently move away.