Is being in a fight club effay?

Is being in a fight club effay?

No

can you believe that movie came out 25 years ago?

You scared me for a few seconds.

yes

I dig the "just got the shit beat out of me" look

You missed the whole point of the movie

yes, as long as you actually look something like brad pitt shirtless, and actually fight. If it's really just you and your skelly friends wrestling that's a gay club, not a fight club

Like 90% of the people who watched it missed the point

Is that victor tsoi?

I agree its pretty KINO
What's the point

joseph gordon bb

No i didn't

This is my favorite movie and I'm not sure I know the point can u explain please

To oversimplify, the fight club itself served as an escape for the protagonist's consumerism, which the entire film followed him removing himself and others from that lifestyle. The fight club was specifically against the concept of effay, meaning joining one for that purpose is counter intuitive.

I'm guessing user there is saying how it's nothing about being what society expects of you, and just accepting your body and shit, see the is that what a man looks like scene.

Or something gay like that

I'm not user who said everyone missed the point, but unless there is a hidden meaning, it's pretty straightforward.

It's a statement about corporatism and consumerism marginalizing sincere and primal human interaction and behavior. It's about the existential crisis we all face in finding meaning and purpose in a world where we've been commoditzed. However, it also warns that extreme rebellion against society could be throwing the baby out with the bathwater, and that connections we share with others are the only real value in our lives.

I can understand why people who may have just watched the film would walk away with that message but after reading the novel it's very clearly a story about masculinity especially if you know most basic information about the book's author.

Also
Brad Pitt's body is repeatedly rated as the most attractive body type for men hands down (by women). His physique in that film has stood the test of time. It even rates higher than his body in Troy and he was much more fit (bigger and more cut) in that film.

If you want to be truly attractive aim for the body type.

I never understood why he's using condoms when he doesn't give a fuck about anything else

Dude read the book instead of relying solely on the movie, you'll love it. The film only has a limited amount of time to work with so a lot of shit gets cut.

There's plenty of material about the narrator and Tyler's father in there it makes it easy to understand why they'd avoid father hood.

That book is pure man hood and it manages to be beautiful and delicate all at the same time. Easily one of my favorite books of all time.

I actually did read the book but it's going 17 yrs since then. Still, I think what I said stands regarding the movie (which is what we were talking about). Just make all the vague references to "people" trying to find meaning in a corporate consumerist world to "men" trying to find meaning.

I'll admit that my recollection of the book is pretty hazy and I was barely a teenager when I read it, but I do remember being surprised at how faithful they were to the source when compared to other film adaptions. Anything they left out was made up for by fincher and his team's perfect visuals.

Choke's adaption is the perfect example of staying relatively close to the source but fucking up everything else. Who thought this should be a bright and quirky indie-com romp?

This desu. This physique as well as a swimmer bod will be considered ripped and decently muscular to girls and not look as much as a buff dude who over compensates with muscles. Can still look pretty effay in clothes as well

his face should be so much more swollen

No. Not unless it's a professional club for something legit like boxing. Fighting bums in an abandoned building is not Veeky Forums. It's crackhead tier.

thanks for the help guys, Hadn't watched the movie in a while so I forgot a lot of it