Is Barbour stuff Veeky Forums? I have a store near me where I can get stuff by them really cheaply...

Is Barbour stuff Veeky Forums? I have a store near me where I can get stuff by them really cheaply, wondering if I should.

yes
very high quality, some great models

I think it can be. I was going to buy a Barbour bedale or Beaufort not too long ago but I was put off because neither fit me well. I'm too small for it (male 5'7 110lbs). Also, they left a bit of a smell on my clothes which I was warned about. Thought people were exaggerating but waxed cotton jackets do have a bit of an unpleasant scent.

Aren't they pretty much UK only?

I've never noticed a smell. I think it depends on the type of waxing too, some of them use a more modern type which (I'd imagine) doesn't smell as much.

Some are made in Romania
There really is no noticeable difference in quality but the brand has history of being very British so lot of fans of the brand don't really like the Romanian made jackets

>amerifats

>tfw live in the north east of england where barbour is from so can get the stuff pretty cheap

it's a shame it's basically a flex brand for working class plebs here. the sort of things old men who sit in pubs all day buy to give the impression they're doing well

Might give them another chance next time I pass a Barbour shop. Pretty sure bedale is the smallest model they have. I'd wear a women's version if it wasn't too obvious. Really want one

The outlet is great, loads of great value shit. I went there a while ago to have a look and ended up spending about £400. Even aside from the jackets their shirts are really well put together. The shoes are decent too, especially when they're 70% off.

was conflicted due to associations with either land rover driving toffs or classic pleb who wants a "posh" brand, but in the end i said fuck it because they're actually good coats and look good too. no one around here wears them though really, otherwise i might not have got one.

i want to visit the outlet to see what sort of stuff they've got, it's too far to go just for that though

Honestly I've never seen anyone talk shit about Barbour really. The "upper class toff" stereotype is more for their shooting jackets than their motorcycle jackets.

I always found it weird that a little factory in the middle of nowhere in England could find such a good niche though.

true, it's pretty much the quilted style jacket they do that i associate with plebs and then the classic waxed ones i associate with toffs. they're all good jackets though as far as i know, especially the ones with hand warmer pockets cause i love those.

it's true about the niche, just some little company that makes waterproof coats for fishermen, expands into motorbike jackets and then ends up with three royal warrants, it's pretty impressive

>three royal warrants

What?

when the queen/prince charles/prince william regularly use your company's items/service, you're allowed to advertise it in the form of a royal warrant. basically just a glorified celebrity endorsement now that i think about it. most commonly seen on cereal enjoyed by prince charles

barbour? motorcycle clothing? since when lol? this is stupid. i mean they make waxed hunting jackets and shit. why would someone wear a long, waxed jacket while riding a motorcycle? lol. fucking idiotic.

terrible jacket

>visit barbour website
>look at the motorcycle collection
>they mention their "collab" with steve mcqueen

hes dead, how the fuck are they collaborating with him?

Yeah, that's Belstaff.

kittery outlet?

>since when lol?
since the beginning of times , get some taste lol

Have the normal version of this. Really nice, and it actually fits properly, as in I didn't have to size down. I have a Belstaff rider jacket that I never wear, but it'll probably serve me well when I get older. Was clearance for $100 CAD so I couldn't pass it up.

Pretty sure I have a bunch of bagged tea endorsed by the prince.

Would cop if the hood was removable / 10

i know, it's like saying dickies is effay

tell if im wrong cause i never heard of this brand, but i can't shake the feeling that these are virgin jackets

Got a wax jacket from my grandpa that actually had some what of a musky old closet smell. I didn't mind it but everyone around me complained.

Yes I have heard the smell being described as an old dusty attic. Would rather pass on a Barbour jacket if I'm going to have to worry about an unpleasant scent whenever I wear it

The smell definitely isn't there on brand new jackets, you only get it if you store it in tight spaces and don't dry it properly.

It's traditional from the early days of motorcycle jackets. Probably more British than American. Leather jackets weren't as big here.

I like Barbour jackets, but they look stupid if you're skinny.

Buy womens ones.

>Really nice, and it actually fits properly, as in I didn't have to size down
I bought the adidas x barbour baradi and sized up with it since it's on the shorter size myself, love it.

I'm fat and wear a medium bedale
Have had to size up to large for every collab