- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients

Other urls found in this thread:

theordinary.com/product/rdn-salicylic-acid-2pct-solution-15ml
skintrovert.wordpress.com/2015/08/02/skincare-philosophy-pt-1b-cleansing/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How is this?

Is Aztec Clay a meme?

>tfw I have molluskum contagiosum on my face
My derm prescribed me max strength retinoids to eat them away but she says it could take months. Anyone have any experience with this?

Does anyone use this stuff? I've been using it and haven't gotten a pimple in months. Wash once in the shower and once before bed.

Forgot pic

anyone use elta md facial cleanser? bought it along with the sunscreen

Anyone have any tips on getting rid of facial hair?

I'm a fem and my face is covered in peach fuzz. I tried a few peeling masks but none have been very successful. I'm not up for constant visits to get it waxed cuz my face hair grows back fast

have you tried shaving

Peach fuzz on chicks is normal. Unless it's full on blonde mustache, leave it be.

So I'm using 2.5% beznyl peroxide on my face right now. But I get small pimples that turn into big scabs. Should I apply the peroxide on these scabs? I've been putting it on my forehead and nose which helps really well. But my chin is a no go what I do it

Morning --
Cleanser
Dabs of BP on my pimples and all over my forehead, nose and chin.
TheBigLifeCo goats milk moisturiser

Night--
Dabs of BP
same moisturiser.

Night---

Is this fixable? Will accutane fuck my life into pieces if I start at 19? The picture doesn't do a good job showing my temples look like burn scars.

Got a kinda oily skin, would this be a good routine ?

Morning : Cleanser, Toner

Evening : Cleanser, Toner, Moisturizer, and sometimes Exfoliate before cleansing

Idk about the cleanser in the morning and the Moisturizer since my skin is oily but it could get pretty dry by cleansing and toning it ?

As for the sunscreen I don't live in a very sunny place

Also how to get rid of the ton of little blackheads on and around the nose area

I keep getting spots fixated around my mouth and chin area, dont really know what to do anymore.

Any tips for getting rid of these acne scars?

Im rather new to Skincare, and wanted to start actually buying some Products.
I would appreaciate if somebody could recommend me some good Cleanser, Toner all that stuff so that i have my basic gear.

Its not that bad bro you do not need accutane

I like how 90% of the posts in this thread are people asking questions and not helping anyone out or replying to anyone

Maybe because they dont know how to help anyone? Why arent you helping lol.

just read the sticky

Is this shit really recommended for use twice a day? Isn't that over exfoliation especially if someone regularly shaves?

>if someone regularly shaves

look into "the ordinary", they offer a good, non-irritating 2% bha product.

But yeah, shaving is mildly irritating so moisturize that area and use a low % bha there once a day.

2% bha from paula's choice or the ordianry

i use this 1% bha thing if you want something relatively mild

>the ordinary

the only bha product I'm seeing from them includes 30% aha. isn't that going to be really irritating for daily use?

best deodorant brand?

>really irritating for daily use

yeah it is, esp. if you don't graduate to that from much lower concentrations

here is a direct link ya bum
theordinary.com/product/rdn-salicylic-acid-2pct-solution-15ml

I'm after 4 months of isotretinoin and apart from very dry lips have no side effects. Works great and it's not as bad as people say.

Wrong thread.

I use oil blotting papers because my face is shiny as fuck.
Can using these remove sunscreen?

Tips on shiny oily skin and face whitening

There are sunscreens that decreases the amount of sebum production, try switching to those I guess. Having alcohol or dimethicone at least in the first half of the ingredients list(not in the first five) helped me as well.

Check OP's links or visit r/skincareaddiction.

Meme answer in pic related. I don't recommend Tony Moly's face masks though since they have too much alcohol in them which stings the face.

Any one have input on witch hazel? I have pic related and was wondering where it fits into a skin routine? I'm assuming it goes shower cleanser > Toner/witch hazel > red stridex pad > moisturizer?

Also if you guys have a better toner option that would be good too. Appreciate any info lads

how to tackle redness?
when i first wake up in the morning, my skin is looks the best (a washed out pinky colour). but as soon as i go about my day it gets progressively worse/red-er. when im applying moisturiser, for example, just touching/rubbing it in makes my face extremely red-- does this indicate i have sensitive skin, and what do?

that clay is actually really good for people with deep pores who work in dirty jobs. im a part time plumber and full time work for my local energy company changing power lines, and this helps clean my pores really well and prevent blackheads

Reminder that if you have persistent acne that doesn't seem to respond to standard treatments, it might be fungal acne which is surprisingly common.
This is the most comprehensive blogpost I've found on it.
simpleskincarescience.com/pityrosporum-folliculitis-treatment-malassezia-cure/

why do i still get razor burn (little red bumps/ irritated skin) after shaving?

i wet my face (tried both hot and cold water), use a shave balm/ gel/ cream, and then moisturize once i'm done.

it's fucking killing me.

Try crushing baby aspirin and applying that. Stripper trick.

applying crushed aspirin to my face every single day before work could honestly be worse than razor burn, but thanks

Read the links and saw that "all natural" is basically just a meme. Is there really no point in the whole oil cleansing method thing that seems to be popular everywhere right now? Is all natural inferior simply because it lacks spf?

You shave against the grain, too? I stopped and although I don't get the closest shave possible, It's good enough and I don't kill my face

>shaving with the grain
>ever

This is not a shave. If you do this then you're likely still a teen and don't have proper facial hair growth. All this is going to do is leave you with heavy stubble.

It's a shave, and It's enough if you don't need a super close shave.

sorry redbro, we're marked by satan and cursed forever. if you truly want to get rid of the redness you have to defile your body by popping antibiotics every day
Pic related

Should i just buy everything of Mario Badescu ?
Im unsure since Im going to spend like 150 bucks.

>buying all skincare from one brand
>ever

I have extremely sensitive skin and i get allergic reactions and rashes from literally everything but somehow this (which has negative reviews in every site i read it on) is really good for my skin and tightened my pores and rid me of the very few acne i had. I have very clean and smooth skin but i use it more than necessary (with a proper moisturizer ofcourse) but do you think i should stop? Will my face suddenly fall off ??

Im new to this shit, dont know where to start

skip badescu altogether, it's overhyped while the formulations are ridiculously basic, the drying lotion is just like a bug bite ointment

How many times per week should I use this 2% BHA liquid exfoiliant?

WHAT ABOUT ACNE SCARS ? SOMETHING BOUT IT?

Use "men's shave cream" I've only ever seen it at Walmart but it's like nair but is great for my sensitive skin and doesn't leave a shadow

Does moisturizer only go on at night or in the mornings too? I think I have combination skin if that matters

Does this and similar stuff work for body hair too?

So I tried it on my legs before (I'm Hispanic so I have some thick ass black leg hair) and it didn't work. It made my skin red and irritated until I figured that coconut oil soothes it and it didn't even get rid of a single hair lol. I'd stick to just using it for the face

Same for me, thick Italian leg hair. Oh well, guess there can't be too easy an answer.

start with twice a week, if you dont experience irritation move to every second day. Some people use it every day but it really depends on the reaction of your skin. If it's red and very sensitive, you over exfoliated it - stop for a while, use very gentle products, then reintroduce after a few weeks, but don't use it too often

It's a great product when it works, but it's not for everyone and not everyone should use it every day (I use it about once a week, with a clay mask if I can be bothered; see the Fiddy snails pore cleaning method)

Just red marks or do you have pits?

Niacinamide. Try the Ordinary serum

Might also be rosacea, if your face feels hot. Go to a derm with that

Depends where you live. I have a few good EU tips but you won't get them in America. Also depends on your skin issues (dryness, acne etc.)

Start with using it every couple of days and only if you don't experience irritation start using it more often. Don't use too soon after shaving

Again, it helps to say in which country you live for product recs
It doesn't matter if your skin is oily, actually by not using moisturiser you may make it to dry and it overcompensates, producing excess oil. Start with a mild, neutral pH cleanser (do double cleansing with an oily cleanser followed by a milky one if you can be bothered). Exfoliate _after_ you cleanse with chemical exfoliators (you'll just wash it off while cleansing, and you want them to stay on your skin). BHA is good for your "blackheads", they're probably just sebaceous filaments (pores), just don't use it too often in the beginning (your skin needs to get used to it). Skip the toner, most of them don't do anything, so it will be confusing in you beginner's routine. Moisturise morning or evening, if your skin is really oily then you can skip it in the morning if your sunscreen is moisturising. Use sunscreen regardless of where you live - it's not only protecting your skin from cancer and signs of aging, but prevents permanent acne scarring. Just make sure you remove it well with an oily cleanser (the Body Shop camomille ones are a good cheap-ish option)

Could be hormonal. If you're a woman, contraception (or switching to a different type) can help

Start cleansing (prefarably double cleansing). Wash towels and pillow cases. Try not to rest your head on your chin

Nope clay masks can be useful for oilier skins. Just don't overdo them, and keep them moist while on your face

*moisturise morning AND evening.

And I'd like to repeat bc some of you beginners want to use a toner (idk why, is this in the sticky?): most toners are just fancy waters which don't do much. I used to apply Lush tea tree toner in the weeks when I was at risk of hormonal acne, but it only worked bc tea tree oil is a strong ingredient, effective even diluted in water. You don't need a toner in your beginner's routine, I would recommend looking into stuff like chemical exfoliators, niacinamide and retinol if you have problematic skin

But best just start with cleansing, moisturising and applying sunscreen properly and if it doesn't help, reach for actives

Sorry missed this one. Again, use moisturiser AM and PM. There are accounts online of people with extremely oily skin who got better skin by avoiding traditional moisturisers, but the vast majority of people dehydrate their skin enough with heavy water, cleansing etc. for moisturiser to be helpful. Choose one with ceramides and/or niacinamide for added benefits; avoid fragrance

Is OCM worth the hassle? Seems cheaper on paper

WHATS THE BEST AUSTRALIAN CHEMICAL PEEL FOR SMALL ACNE SCARS

AHAs and BHAs are something you use a few times a week and eventually work up to using every day. Same as those Clarisonic deals.

Personally I do every night before moisturizing, but skip chemically exfoliating a few days a week because I'm lazy.

I just learned about asian/korean skincare but I have no idea what to do. I've started wearing sunscreen but they're American (and supposedly don't cause acne) and I don't know if there are any benefits to getting Asian ones instead. I've browsed /r/asianbeauty but reddit is so hard to search on so that's why I'm asking here. I just want a rundown of what I need to be doing and if I should buy things specific for myself or if it's okay to get popular products. Also I was wondering if I need to clean twice even though I'm a guy and don't wear makeup.

It's good to use an oily cleanser if you use makeup and/or sunscreen (and you should almost always use the latter, so... ofc it's your own choice). But you don't have to use an actual oil, they are pretty hard to wash off. There are many oil-based cleansers now which will emulsify after adding water and wash off easily. See this post for product recs and extra explanation (no need to start with all the expensive stuff he's recommending tho):
skintrovert.wordpress.com/2015/08/02/skincare-philosophy-pt-1b-cleansing/

Re: double cleansing, see above
If you don't wear makeup or sunscreen it's not necessary (not that much to cleanse)

Oooh thanks! I guess sunscreen would be considered in the same category as makeup.

Yes, in the sense that they can both form a layer on your skin which can be only properly washed off with something oily. If someone's makeup consists of lipgloss and a tiny bit of blush with no sunscreen I wouldn't bother with double cleansing, but it's a must for foundation and eye makeup

If you're the user asking about Asian skincare unfortunately I can't help you, I just can't bring myself to order products from Asia when there are so many readily available sources. I know a very famous AB sunscreen is Biore Watery Essence, supposedly great for oily skin, but it has shitton of alcohol denat

Also long time ago I've been using my roommate's Missha BB (CC?) cream and it broke me out. Welp. But it could've been because I wasn't double cleansing at the time lol

Yeah I'm the one asking about Asian skincare. I've heard that Amazon has some stuff but I want to do some more research before checking that out.

Is double cleansing a meme? What benefits would I expect to see over single cleansing?
I'm using Cerave hydrating cleanser right now, what could I use in addition to that?
>combination skin
>acne almost gone thanks to aczone, some red spots left over
>trying to fix oily T-zone and reduce pore size/visibility in that area

It's not a meme, many people see the difference. But as I wrote above, if you don't use sunscreen and/or makeup you don't need to do it. I don't know that Cerave cleanser, but it seems like something you would use for second/morning cleanse with an oily cleanser for the first cleanse

Niacinamide can help with red spots and pores, BHA with pores

Molluscum contagiosum fucking sucks man. I had it on my legs in high school. My derm cryogenically removed them. I had a lone one on my belly that I kept covered with tape. Keeping it covered with tape made it go away and it hasn't come back since.

Haven't bought any of their cleansers, but the EltaMD AM and PM therapy moisturizers are fucking brilliant and worth the money. I got both of them for about $10 below retail though.

is double cleansing necessary twice a day, or only in the evening?
also i just noticed this post , i'll take a look at that for recs

to clarify this, I do use sunscreen almost every day, no makeup.

What do you guys use for boils? I get them on rare occasion on my neck or back, just cover them w/ band-aid and use neosporin when they inevitably break.