...and to conclude my video axes were absolute shite. Cheers folks!

>...and to conclude my video axes were absolute shite. Cheers folks!

>Axes were not weapons, they were a meme.

>Why would you even bother with axes if you could buy a sword instead?

>Only fags use an ax

norse poverb

>among all weapons axes are the lowest

>Just get a gun instead.

>I'm pretty interested in history and read quite a bit about battle axes they were absolute garbage and Allah hates them.

>absolutely plebian

>The french Resistance always lacked proper weapons to fight the germans. But never would have anyone used any axes against the nazi occupant.

>high ranking Roman officials were literally protected by axes

What a bunch of faggots.

are two handed axes included in this meme?

Only symbolic t.b.h. , the actuall guards had the clearly superior sword or spear.

>the "HOLY" "ROMAN" "EMPIRE" Used the axes quite often, thus both were utter shit.

absolutely

even pollaxes?

>they were infact a fishing tool

The only reason why they were used is the hammer part.

This is funny because the symbol of Vichy was an axe.

he's right though

This will be a video about AXES

*video clip of medieval battle plays*

In any given medieval or classical setting, there's usually going to be usually some big, hulking warrior using an axe as a weapon. From how often you see them depicted in film you might think that an axe was a very common weapon. We know that axes were sometimes used to cut down, or "fell" trees during the medieval period. But were axes ever actually used in battle? Hm.

Well, my thinking is no, probably not, and I'll tell you why.

First of all, why would anyone even think that using something meant to cut down trees against people would be a good idea? Because you see, there is a bloody vast difference between people and trees. Now, imagine I'm a tree, and you start swinging your axe at me. KER-RACK, you get me right in the neck, right? But now imagine that I'm a person and we're fighting against each other annnnd- I sidestep out of the way! There's simply no way that you can hit me, because unlike trees, people can MOVE.

Now maybe, granted, an axe work if you were able to sneak up on someone from behind, or if you caught them sleeping, but in that case, wouldn't a sword or a spear or any other weapon really be just as good?

And now my second point is, is it even possible to hold an axe? There are two ends, you see, and if you try to grip it by the metal part, well, it's sharp, and you'll cut your bloody hand, won't you? Unless of course you were wearing gauntlets, but nevermind. Now, flip it around, and hold it by the stick end, annnnd WUMP, the metal part falls right to the ground because it's too heavy to lift. The long handle is acting as a lever, you see, and all the weight of the head is being magnified. In a sword the weight is distributed all along the entire length of the weapon, but an axe is different because the axe concentrates all of the weight just in one part.

So there you have it, that's why I don't think an axe would have ever been used in a medieval battle.

>axes were a Jewish invention