Yamamoto on a budget

Where could I buy loose fitting suits and coats reminding of YY? I found that COS occasionally carries decent trousers and coats, but that's about it. Any other store within similar price range?

Other urls found in this thread:

global.rakuten.com/en/store/webstyle/item/22146777
global.rakuten.com/en/store/webstyle/item/2214677715510/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lol cos is fucking trash and nothing like yohji, unless you have literally no eye for detail whatsoever
youre also not going to find anything decent that is similar to yohji at that price point

There is no such thing as yohji on a budget, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Save up or give up

What's wrong with these pants?

Well, maybe I worded it incorrectly. I'm not trying to look like I'm wearing his clothes. I'm looking for basic, looser fitting suits and coats in different shades of black.

I don't know what is your budget, but you can find some used yoji not that expensive.

You are wrong. There is yohji on a budget. Pic related

Buy 80s commes used from yahoo auc, it's cheap and p much where he took much of his inspo

the thing is, brands like yohij look good not just because it's some
>lmao loose suits
meme but because the patterns, material choices and the entire fit used are all meticulously planned out so that they have that signature look
you just buying cos, thrifting and raiding your dads wardrobe will just make you look like one of those cringy retards obviously wearing way too big clotihng on WAYWT trying to get on this microtrend
if you are on a budget, try ebay, y!jp and grailed for more affordable Yohji lines like Ys, Costume D'Homme, AAR D'Urban and if you can find them, Coming Soon, and S'Yte

lol calm down

>p much where he took much of his inspo
jesus christ you are such a fucking retard it hurts just replying to you

He ripped off 80s rei and everybody knows it, except you apparently

How do you buy items from syte website? I can't see prices or add to basket option anywhere

you mean clothing that passes as karasu-zoku?

he literally debuted on the same years on Paris as CDG
they have been collaborating since the start
but everyone knows that except you apparently

Ffs he's literally known for copying rei, how are you this ignorant

wondering the same thing

Please, I would love to see more of your mental gymnastics are you try to convince yourself you are right on this very important matter on anime fashion forum
They debuted the same year on Paris, the two, with Issey basically redefined the entire fashion world and avant garde during 80s, Yohji and Rei fucking dated from seventies to nineties (pay close attention, that's before they ever went to Paris and became relevant in the west) and it was (and is obvious except for you apparently) that they had basically rivalry in the 80s that they both thrived on even though they were dating those days
Now maybe next time you want to spout some bullshit do some research first even though "he is literally known" is very convincing source

Sorry user I'm just feeling really uptight atm what with all of this Antifa stuff and political correctness making it impossible for a white male to express himself freely without fear of violent retribution, I love both yohji kun and rei chan equally, honto ni gommenasai user

Where can I buy vintage yohji or cdg in london? Any particular vintage stores? Or is buying online the only option

Can I suck you?

This is all true but it doesn't change the fact that rei is the true genius and Yamamoto is merely a follower

Now I'm convinced, can't argue with all those sources, examples and absolutely waterproof evidence, please educate me more about fashion

Like you did?

Please don't be angry, let's just be happy that both designers exist (but only one may be considered a true artist)

it's all single google search away
unlike the horseshit that guy spewed
also educate yourself, go to your local library, My Dear Bomb is great and worth a read even if you aren't particularly interested in Yohji
Same goes for you, it's anonymous image board, there is zero reason to try and save face, you can just stop replying any time and no on will be the wiser, except for you if you actually decide to go for the effort and learn something new so you know better next time

BUY
USED
YOHJI
OR
Y'S

PLEASE STOP ASKING THIS QUESTION every othER Day you DUMBASS

been here since 2014 and am so sick of seeing the same questions rehashed 1000s of times

Do you know where I could find some casual everyday suits (linen or cotton) under 300 bucks? Not OP and the question is not yohji related. You seem like you know what you are talking about (also basing it from what I assume are your posts in the waywt thread).

I can't understand you because you're blatantly slavic

I have lots of used ys and vintage comme because i am cool sexy fashion boys are you jealous?

Rei>yohji just fucking accept it

That's a broad question but of course, grailed or ebay is great place if you have some idea you are looking for because you can't really beat the prices, you can find older season designer brands with interesting designs and great tailoring and materials cheaper than your local mall stores
I'd wager setting the filters to suiting and searching for 'linen' would yield something that catches your eye
And for linen matching blazer with pants you buy from somewhere else isn't that big of a deal, if it's high end and the fit works it will look like you bought a full 2 piece suit
Rak and y!jp are even better if you don't mind spending some time browsing through brands
global.rakuten.com/en/store/webstyle/item/22146777
viridi-anne linen trousers for under one hundred dollars, that is stupid fucking good deal

nah I'm just drunk and not really concerned about spell checking anything

THIs Is NOW A ONFiCIAL REI THREAD GET IN REI POSTeRS

I loved all of your posts

rakuten is in english
buyee or from japan for y!jp

Whoops I fucked up the link there:
global.rakuten.com/en/store/webstyle/item/2214677715510/
But to be honest buying suiting online in general might be kinda hard because it's not something that sells on wow factor and flashy designs, it's all in the details, materials and comfort and none of that communicates from jpegs over internet, viridi-anne being good example, the slacks don't really look like much but I'd wager even without ever seeing that model irl that it's stunning when you get your hands on it and has amazing hand finished detailing like viridi anne so often does

You make a statement and don't back it up either.
What articles do you recommend?

rakuten has a no return policy as far as I know, right? do you just buy the stuff, hoping it's going to fit you?

I honestly recommend reading books over articles don't go that deep in to anything and are just based on those books, interviews are always good too but for example in this case, I don't think Rei really even gives lot of interviews or at least not very in depths ones. And another big issue is that some of the best interviews can't be found online, the book in picture includes one of the most interesting Helmut Lang interviews at the end, if you read it today and realize it was written in 2004 or something, it will convince you that he is a visionary even if his clothing never clicked with you. And it's nowhere to be found online. And again, great book, can't recommend enough even if just for that interview, it gives pretty good overview of the current era of fashion and the history of it and I feel like if you actually read it all and understand it, the current fashion climate starts to 'make more sense' in a way, it's not all random trends and memes popping up without any coherence.
That being said, anything Tim Blanks, you can trust he knows what he is talking about.
Yeah I think so, at least be sure about your measurements if you decide to order something so you can know that shit fits, but always good idea to do further research to particular garments you are considering so you will be less likely disappointed.

Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.
But yeah, I know it can be very tricky. You can still somewhat imagine how the material looks like in real life from the close up pics, how it's going to fit me is what worries me a little bit. But then again, if you buy a designer suit, know your measurments and don't have a difficult body type, you have better chances that it's going to look good, I guess.

What did you think of Notebook on Cities and Clothes?
I believe there's only one copy of My Dear Bomb in my country. I'll need to create an IBL account to request the copy from the UvA/HvA.

>What did you think of Notebook on Cities and Clothes?
Haven't watched it, I think the only fashion related documentaries I've ever seen were Bill Cunningham New York and Advanced Style and the former was more about the person than the fashion related business

trying to find 20th centruy workwear that isn't overpriced as fuck is not worth the effort mate

>tfw rei can't even make clothing

good bait really have that dumbass seething lmao

viridi anne for 100 bucks is not a good deal

viridi anne is fucking lame gay shit

Kill yourself desu

this

what pants are these?

cos

Not familiar with that acronym

cos is the name of a store mate

you're an idiot

T H R I F T