Pls help. I'm a dark skinned Asian who has desperately wanted to be pale my whole life...

Pls help. I'm a dark skinned Asian who has desperately wanted to be pale my whole life. Can any of you recommend ways to lighten my skin? Be it natural remedies or products--I'm willing to do anything. Thank you.

Glutathione IV drip

Oh wow never heard of this. It's definitely too high for my budget range right now but I'll definitely look into it.

i recommend being happy with who you are in terms of things you can't change

This

Am white and wish I had darker skin

No point worrying about it really

i reccomend not wanting to do that shit at all ur skin is fine

Sunscreen with 30 or more SPF.

You could look into products with Kojic acid. Skin lightening products usually make you more photosensitive so stay out of the sun and use sunscreen.

But really, what these other people said. Your skin is fine, senpai.

yep, grass is always greener on the other side

I have read about this. Asian women are obsessed with having white skin. Why do they think it would make them look better is beyond me.

Those before after pics from the skin bleaching commercials are make up and lighting. Do not waste your money on that crap and just accept your body how it is.

You are a women you will get hit on and asked out regardless

Hello op. Another asin here. What I did was kojic kojic kojic soap + hydrating moisturizer because Kojic dries out the skin+ avoid sun especially 9AM TO 4PM + not lower than SPF 50 (and PA ++++) sunblock + light layering of clothes (making sure I cover my skin)

But that's not all! For my face,
Tretinoin weekly (to make me peel on my face, get rid of dull colored dead skin) + lotions with niacinamide (darken dark spots)

I basically have two sunscreens, 1 for face, 1 for body. These must be applied every 2-3 hours NO BUTS!
>but these are water repellent "long lasting"!
NO BUTS! Then this last one is just me being weird, I take Vitamin C 500 mg per pill 3 times per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner). I also plan to take other cheap widely available good food vitamin supplements to make skin glow. However I must say, this can only make your skin light TO AN EXTENT. Like what waa your color when you were a baby? Dont expect to be pale when your skin was originally African-tier to be with. For that, you might want to search for other options

Because white skin is simply valued here. You know the saying a white skin hides flaws? That's why here they say, for you to know if a person is truly good looking, if they turn blackskinned, they should still look beautiful. Anyway, being white = looks rich, looks prettier, hides flaws, makes you more noticeable esp in a place full of mediocre dark colored asians, etc etc

I would think the opposite, that white skill makes flaws more easily noticed.

Thats not what we think tho. And if you talk about pimples, then we just need to take furtger care if our skin, no?

Also, white clear doll like pale skin = very good hygiene.

but op, darker skinned asians are the best

Dark skin = laborer. When I did a homestay in Japan, whenever my host mother and I went out for an extended period of time in the summer, she would put on these sleeve things to prevent tanning.

And I want a full, thick faceful of stubble on my face, but that will never happen due to my genes. (Im also a manlet kek) Life could always, always, always be way worse, OP. For example, you could have neurofibromatosis or some other horrific looking condition.
And for the record, dark skinned asians look sexy imo

jungle asians gon jungle

Baka user. Being wimmin does not guarantee being hit on, especially with newer generations, more people are getting fairer and fairer skin, taller and taller, more self conscious, etc. Keep up, get an edge or get outpaced

the woman in your picture is more attractive in the before

be hikkineet for a couple of years
not kidding, I turned a lot paler

Wear a hat.

Lol there's a Japanese woman in my running club she always has these

Embrace that shit. I've got SEA blood in me and I love how dark I get.

Kojic soap only works temporaly for me. Not worth the price and effort.

Shut the fuck up
You whites can tan your skin without shame so why can't we heal our skin?

South East Asians aren't meant to have pale skin so you are supposed to look like that
Us Koreans,Japanese,and some chinks on the other hand are born with light skin

FOR YOU

Also theyre cheap as fuck not even a dollar each

Wow what crab mentality

Just be careful, user
There are skin lightening techniques that your family friends might recommend that are bad for your skin or, like hydroquinone, can cause cancer
Wear sunscreen

Agreed. People need to learn how to look Veeky Forums in their natural skin color instead of looking like an ass in another color.

The thing is OP picked a shitty picture. Dont compare us SEA to blacks or indians who look weird when turned white. Not everyone will look like that. Try to look up LILY MAYMAC. I'm bad with celebrities, but thats how it looks for us SEANS able to whiten our skin well

Don't change yourself. It's always noticeable and looks bad.

It's valued because it's a signal of class.

And by signal of class, I mean outdated bullshit. Back in the day, light skin meant you weren't a laborer.

It's silly how human emphasized traits somehow trumped innate biology in that tan skin is recognized unconsciously as a marker of fitness.

I feel embarrassed for the female FOBs I see walking about under the shade of a tacky sun umbrella.

>Back in the day, light skin meant you weren't a laborer.
I'm an RN, always had a lot of Filipino coworkers and friends so I've learned a fair bit about the culture
The women care a lot about keeping up their appearances to fit in with friends, but also because living in the Philippines is inherently bad on your skin lol. So they're spending the second half of their lives doing damage control. I think the ultimate goal is to look 30 for the rest of their lives, and some can achieve that from my experience

I can understand that. There's certainly a line between too much and too little sun exposure given a certain individual and their environment. Someone who sunburns easily definitely should be more proactive as should the decade long truck driver.

But the ones I see are mostly indoor folks who don't typically get exposed to direct sunlight for more than an hour a day and when they do, they lather up in SPF50 in addition to umbrellas.

I guess my point is moot since it is mainly a cosmetic concern where I'm at and it'd be hypocritical of me to condemn it when I plan on doing hair follicle transplants if it ever comes to it. But the umbrellas, man they're too obnoxious for me.

/rant

Did you consider the option of not changing yourself in that way?

clear skin in general = good hygiene
doesn't matter about the colour idiot

Stop trying to change yourself and gain some self confidence. What makes you think that by changing your skin tone you're gonna be any happier with the rest of your body? You'll always find something that needs changing if you inherently think of yourself as undesirable.

Yeah, it doesnt matter about the color, but white skin still gives a cleaner look and more appeal

What I said is general consensus. White skin = rich, clean, hides flaw, skin of idols, etc etc

Tanning is natural. Lotions are not

It's not healing. If you bleach to go paler than what you'd normally be by staying out of the sun, you're doing way more damage to your skin than normal tanning.

What are you even saying here.

>hides flaw
I still don't get this. Being pale means every red mark on you shows up like a beacon. Medium skin gives you a more even complexion as a baseline without having to sink lots of time into skincare.

Get Veeky Forums and do the "dark and handsome" meme

Or just never go outside and do full heroin chic

...but you guys do look like blacks and Indians when you bleach.

Indians and blacks think they look good when they whiten too.

That is no where near as dark as actual dark skinned Asians.
Dark skinned Asians actually look black

I'm Korean and I'm paler that the palest white person I know

Gimme all your secrets and whitening roll-on deodorant plz

Don't really have any secrets.
I work from home so I sleep during the day and go out at night.
If you try this, make sure you take vitamin d

>Am white and wish I had darker skin

Most of us lighten to a Caramel or Yellow, the only ones who want to be pale white and think that's cute are trashy West Africans.
user you have to exfoliate and practice sun avoidance + protection like this person said For lightening products to work you HAVE TO EXFOLIATE AND SUN PROTECT, then just add a hydroquinone cream which you use for three months and then you stop using for 3-6 months maintaining with kojic acid lotions and such then cycle on it again.

To all the people bitching about skin color note that in Southeast Asia most skin lightening is just exfoliation it won't bleach your skin or kill melanin production. It's all just basically getting to base skin tone color.

Lemon juice every night.
>Rub on face evenly
>let sit for 15 minutes
>rinse off
Once every week do it with honey
Both of these helped me lose a tan that I couldn't get rid of. And make sure to get rid of dead skincell every one in a while with a chemical face peel

But wait, what about hydroquinone beig cancerous? I'm all for kojic tho because papaya seems useless

Continuous use has been linked to cancers. It is carcinogenic but not in short-term us

No it's not. The study had rats on extremely high dosages of it getting cancer.

There is no human studies of HQ and cancer. It's a myth.

You cycle in and out of it because HQ thins the skin and that will cause stretch marks and other things.

Are you trying to murder your acid mantle.

>most skin lightening is just exfoliation it won't bleach your skin or kill melanin production. It's all just basically getting to base skin tone color.
See, you say this. And then you get posts like this . Not harmful my ass.

Who the fuck uses lemon unless they are poor? Most exfoliation actives have a long history of study and are perfectly fine.

You can choose to live in fear or you can understand the science of skin lightening and grow up.

The papaya has papain which effects the integrity of the skin and allows for deep penetration. However it's not recommended and is just not necessary when you can just occlude.

The Koreans in my old hood would wear these.

>always wanted tanned okinawa girl
>only pale girls are interested

excuse me, HEAL? Fuck you

Left is hotter tho

>it's an american stationed in Japan poster wants jap pussy
How ya doin joe?

Lemons have skin lightening qualities that exfoliaters don't have. Different purposes. All though they would go hand in hand.

It's an inadequate product on skin when you have actual active compounds used for the skin and also dermabrasion.

It must suck to have such retarded insecurities. You don't know what suffering is, you fucking pussy. Be grateful.

Left is way better.

>it's an american stationed in Japan poster wants jap pussy
>How ya doin joe?
I'm stationed in Italy.

BB cream

It's not inadequate when it works duurrrrrr

I tan super easy and my skin has an olive undertone, so here's how I keep pale:
1 - avoid the sun! otherwise, I wear hats, long sleeves, and spf 40+ sunscreen if I do go out when it is sunny
2 - I use pink madison whitening cream morning and night after washing my face
3 - I wear lightening bb cream (scinic snail matrix brand, though the tint is really light so you'll probably want to look at alternatives to this brand if you're interested)

how well do you feel the pink madison cream is working?

Dark skinned asians are really beautiful.

I feel like this is bullshit because I see so many Korean and Japanese ordinary people with tan or light brown skin. Some of them look darker than me and I'm black (light skinned for a black person though). You guys are in denial about how pale you are to be honest. Plus there's so much makeup, skin bleaching, lighting tricks and photoshop that it's difficult to say who is naturally pale and who isn't. I don't deny there are some naturally white skinned east asians but it's not nearly as common as some people like to believe.

not like to be black or anything, I just wish I was a few shades darker to avoid redness + sun damage + better hide imperfections

Some South East Asians have pretty light skin. We had a bunch of Vietnamese kids at my school who were pale af.

This sounds pretty reasonable. A bunch of Japanese Americans and Korean Americans here are pretty tan/dark. They don't care about bleaching, makeup, etc. so they retain their natural skin tone.

>tfw very very pale with very noticeable acne scars and blemishes

aint nothing wrong with a lil color

It seems like the prettier the Asian or Indian girl the more likely they are to make sure they are pale.
Which is annoying with Indians because a pale Indian girl, to my eye, just looks like an off-brand latina.
>mfw working with a qt Vietnamese girl that didn't get the memo and was fairly brown.
My God, what a fox.

just try to be happy with what you have. I'm very, very pale even for an Irish person, and I spent many years at school being laughed at in the summer because I didn't burn, didn't tan, nothing, I just stayed paper white. for a while I wanted to tan, but I couldn't and I accepted it and I'm now happy with my skin tone.

if you turned white tomorrow, there would most likely be something else you wouldn't be happy with. It isn't all lovely being a pure white Asian either from what I gather. I know a girl who is Korean, she's as white as me, everywhere she goes she's treated as a foreigner despite being a full blooded Korean, born in Seoul. once you begin the process of not giving a fuck you'll be far happier

Your skin won't stay light for long. It'll take permanent maintenance.
Instead, make the most of your better features. Wear colours that suit your skin tone. Don't be a bitch.

Hi there, southeast Asian here, the first response is correct, you need a combination of gluthathione and vitamin c pills, I could connect you with some provider of local product from here if you want, can't say its health certified by western standard, but it definitely work, though you have to take it nonstop like health supplement if you want to maintain it while still going outside, at least here in tropical weather

Damn she transformed

>can't say its health certified by western standard,
Nothing from asia is safe or healthy by western standards, so better don't worry about that.

Hit me up with the provider infos. What brand? How to buy? How much? Best way to take them? I know vit C is three times per day, but what about the glutha?

OP here! This is very inspiring as I am the same color as the girl in your pic (left)! Would love to get any more information thank you so much.

Also thanks to everyone else for giving me tips and insight as well. I am insecure about my color but find other dark people to be quite attractive. I personally think I would look better lighter though like the girl in user's photo. I was born very fair, but ended up playing sports and spending a lot of time outside which tanned me very dark.

true, but fuck you!!!

Yeah I don't think people understand most skin lightening isn't to go beyond you natural skin tone.

Like most white people in my life don't know black people tan and that the tans don't fade as easy. But if you pay attention to most black people you'll see almost like layers of pigments on the face and neck.

I spent money and hundreds of hours tanning to try and be this even shade but ultimately I turned into a leather bag.

No I'm exfoliating. In fact I am thinking about doing an exfoliation/skin lightening thread on Veeky Forums, do you think it could survive without being trolled?

>do you think it could survive without being trolled?

Probably not knowing this place but either way I'd be interested

You poor person.

>Darky gets mad
lmao fuck off nigger

Cool, I'll start it tonight or tomorrow.

hey I want to start following your advice because that picture is really inspiring but is that you in the picture?

Idk theres something about dark skinmed girls man

FAKE AS FUUUCK

Is this my gf posting??

Either way find a means of accepting your skin colour, obsessing over it is not a path to any kind of improvement in your appearance or wellbeing.

No believe me people do successfully lighten with money and time
She also got plastic surgery and lost weight obvi.

On a lesser related note, I have a scar that has slowly turned into a darker discolored patch of skin, what product should I look to get to get it back to my overall tone? Scar cream or lightening cream?