how to make friends when socially awkward :(

I want to have friends but don't know how to make them besides online

im really socially awkward to. Just offer people gum or cigarettes

it works everytime

no

Are you 12yo too?

cool fit desu i really like it. very chill/comfy

actually reminds me of one of those popeye magazine photos/shot

Be relaxed, actually listen and take your time to give a response.

Be honest when talking but be measured. That means drop the shitty racism, sexism, and xenophobia you've probably picked up from spending all of your time here and else where online.

Women are just as nervous and unsure of themselves as men are, they're not alien creatures or celestial beings, treat them like a guy and and cool your raging libido.

Drop the pick up artist advice that gets thrown around online, being congenial works better.

Drop the nice guy victim complex also, you don't deserve sex or a date just for doing normal everyday things such as having decent manners.

Focus on common ground, but don't shun things that are different or you're unfamiliar with.

Casual conversation doesn't need to be rushed, the people that I've liked most in life were the thoughtful quiet ones that didn't blurt out everything that popped into their head. Get it out of your head that silence is awkward, but also learn how to respond with body language, sometimes simply nodding your head is enough of a response to show that you're listening.

You don't have to be constantly charming and witty if you want to keep the conversation going always have at least one question ready. If the person you're talking to is nice enough they'll start asking you question, try not to give one word answers, be detailed.

Normal everyday small talk questions can usually lead to longer conversations. How's school, work, or your hobby, did you see Taylor Swifts new video, did you watch the fight, what do you think about that storm in Texas?

Invite people to hang out, it can be something as simple as going to Target or Walmart. They'll remember and return the favor.

Practice conversation on siblings, cousins or grandparents.

And be Adventurous.

I had a gf that wanted to make more friends but was too scared to do anything or go anywhere or approach people, even with me acting as a buffer or introduction.

what a cute little girl

this is 100% confirmed pasta right? i haven't seen it before

It's not pasta but this is standard information that gets constantly posted when people are looking for advice on how to come out of their shell and be more social. Though I left out the bit about getting a hobby that takes you out of your home.

Anyway we constantly see the same responses over and over again because the advice works. I'm not a very social person myself but I can turn it on when I need to, so I know it works.

w2c jacket and shoes?

all my friends dress like shit. only one of my friends dresses like he tries/effort forward, but its still all hype beast brands like supreme, off white, palace, etc

>hobby that takes you out of the home
any suggestions?

photography

tennis

There's infinite things you could be doing. Take a foreign language class, or something that allows you to be creative, life drawing or painting or glass blowing, jewelry making. Game nights at a local bar/pub. Shopping (because Veeky Forums), sports, art shows, concerts. Become a foodie and try out a bunch of different restaurants or bars, go back to your favorite, people are creatures of habit eventually you'll become familiar with a few faces, learn names, maybe you run into someone the next day that you saw at the bar last night. They're working at urban outfitters, strike up a conversation. "Hey weren't you at 'Joey's' last night?" "I liked what you were wearing". Then you introduce yourself, they give you their name and carry on with the conversation. Now you've made another acquaintance, a possible good friend. Anyway I went off on a tangent but yeah there are lots of things to do. Even going to the gym can net you a friend or occasion.

my friends quit, and I haven't gotten around to hiring new ones yet. is that Veeky Forums?

Why would I want friends who share this affliction?

Can vouch for this guy, am friend

No but seriously, listening to you I would be. Be yourself, be genuine and show interest in other people. Many more people than who dare to admit are lonely.

skateboarding

I've found out that eating with people at restaurants and going with them when they want to pick up something at the mall works really well

Shopping
Looking for cool new products
Sight seeing
Eating outside

BUMP

Same. I had one friend who I think was trying to go for a preppy look but all it resulted in him doing was wearing Sperrys, shorts and a button up every day.

> Invite people to hang out, it can be something as simple as going to Target or Walmart. They'll remember and return the favor.
Fuck, people always invite me somewhere and I never return the favor. I guess I'm a bad friend.

You might be a good friend in other ways and that's why they want you around. Taking initiative to ask someone to hang out is good for people trying to build up new friendships. But yeah ask your friends out sometimes too.

Casual racism is how i strangers become friends shitty advice

Anyone else /autistwithautistfriends/ here?

It's comfy having one or two friends you don't really have to worry much about

lmao is this in coq

THIS

fucking kids

lifting

where are you from user???

this is really solid advice

Not gonna lie, I've always been afraid to into skateboarding because I feel like everyone who skates get into it at like 13 and has actual coordination. I've always been interested, though.
Where do I get started?

This sounds manic as hell. I don't trust it. It doesn't seem like reality, it just sounds like what you tell yourself to do.

>Be yourself
:^)

burbs

FUCKING LOL at the pic related

I was actually using my own real life examples but keep wallowing in loneliness thinking it's impossible instead of going out and doing it for yourself. There's way to much nay saying and not enough doing.

Reality is as much a subjective perception as it seems to be static and objective.
What you perceive as "real" is only what your physical senses allow you to filter and comprehend from an infinite amount of gradations in energy, lead by the beliefs/rules constructed in the mind matrix

This is why no two peeps experience the exact same event the exact same way. Your ideals/beliefs about how reality works and what it is constitute your experience of said reality. You ARE reality

Analyze what you've defined YOUR reality to be and work from there, keep an open mind and ask yourself

>w h a t i s r e a l ?

you're lucky people can trust you

This is where the adage, "be the change" comes from

, you can flip your entire life around this very moment with this understanding.

Only thing stopping you from BEing confident is BElieving you're otherwise. Same goes with all sorts of things

Sure, many times we use old stories to justify our behavior but you're not those stories and they no longer define you. Everyone has awkward moments, you don't become an awkward person until you've accepted that in your belief system to be true

The set of beliefs we use to define ourselves powerfully shape who we are, unattach yourself from old ways of being and start creating a new way. They way you want to live. Old ways taught you what you didn't want, they served their purpose. Use what you've learned now to focus on with greater clarity what you actually DO want

I started at 17, Its fucking hard...but you gotta learn its all mental, not physical.
Just buy a regular good quality board, learn to cruise around comfortably. Watch skating vids for motivation

In what kind of situation do you offer a gum/cigarette?

w2c shoez plz

bump

im not the same guy but also want to know

unironically what tnf jacket is this