Why did people settle for belts when suspenders are so much more comfy?

Why did people settle for belts when suspenders are so much more comfy?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspenders#History
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I really don't know, maybe it's because it's less apparent or something.

>"After losing popularity during World War I, when men became accustomed to uniform belts, suspenders were still regular attire throughout the 1920s. Because of their image as 'underwear',[4] some men switched to belts during the 1930s as the vests which had hidden suspenders became worn less often. This also signaled the switch in position of securing buttons from the outside of the waistband to the inside. Life magazine stated in 1938 that 60% of American men chose belts over suspenders. Though the return of fuller-cut trousers in the 1940s revived suspenders, they did not dominate over belts again to the same extent."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspenders#History

Your pants should have side straps, fuccboi

Don't know but they really are more comfortable.

because they dont want to look like a cosplaying autismo?
post yourself in your suspenders op. im sure you look really cool.

so much this

I had some pants that didn't fit my waist due to being a Veeky Forumsizen, I wore suspenders under my shirt so they weren't visible.

Belts are horrible. Hey let's tie some leather around our waist and restrict blood flow for decades of our life!

You just need to keep the pants on my man, not suffocate your waist.

braces are typically considered underwear and should not be shown, they should always be under a jacket in a formal occasion desu and for the most part.

I like it when old fat guys wear those super wide suspenders to let everybody know they could get right back on the trainyard / factory line at any moment to start working again lol

Hey man, heavy duty suspenders for jobs where you have heavy bags around your waist and such are a life saver. They hold your pants up way better than having to strangle your waist with a belt

this was true like in the 50s

Im not making fun of them tbqh. I just like those guys cuz you can tell a lot about their personalities without ever having to talk to them
I take pride in being a hard worker, dunno if I'll show it when I'm 70 though

It still is in formal occasions. Brace hooks on the inside of your trousers? Underwear. Brace hooks on the outside? Workwear.

Speaking of braces I got these trousers for work and they have braces buttons and were designed for braces, what's a good sort of shirt to wear with them that's also practical for working on roofs and general work like that?

Because my cordovan belt > your grandads suspenders.

i actually like clip on suspenders. look less try-hard imo

They damage the waistband. This is a fashion board die normie

I don't know but button suspenders are kinda fedoralounge tier imo

Agreed
This was my suggestion

stop trying so hard

>tfw your hips are wide so the suspenders make your pants float up to the chest

Where can I get a good pair of clip-on suspenders?

Maybe because it's a lot easier to unbuckle a belt when you need to take a dump, than to keep track of where the suspenders go (onto the filthy floor) when you're sitting on the pot.

suspenders are effay as fuck
grow a thick beard, undercut
and go full hipster mode

>Showing feet in public
Absolutely fucking disgusting

>reads 'on the road' once

why the fuck would i want to look like these faggots

size 18 feet

Why are americans so fucking gay?

cuz they wanna look as unfuckable as possible, it's kind of a nihilist / depressed response to the shitty economy and internet culture ruining all of our lives

>not having pants that fit