Veeky Forums is a website full of neets and other sorts of losers...

Veeky Forums is a website full of neets and other sorts of losers. How the fuck do you people afford all of this expensive fashion shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

harryrosen.com/en/brand/john-varvatos-collection/all?q=John Varvatos Collection:newest-arrival:category:boots
harryrosen.com/en/clothing/tailored-clothing/c/sport-jackets/b/John Varvatos Collection
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i don't the only boards i frequent here are Veeky Forums, /mu/, and /v/
i sometimes hit up /sp/, Veeky Forums, /wg/, /wsg/ and the adult gif board. i come on Veeky Forums because i honestly find it to be one of the funniest boards on here and it sometimes keys you in on trends

your assumptions are bad. there are literal millionaires on Veeky Forums.

I really one buy cheap shit the most expensive things in my wardrobe are my sneakers really. A bunch of Nike and Adidas shit that some people here would call 'nigger shoes'.

My last job, which I just quit ended up with me not making as much money as I did 3 years before and the place went to shit when a few key people left. So I quit. Also i didn't get to wear much of the stuff I bought because the sneakers would get fucked up there and I always came home smelling like shit for $10.50 and hour. But I didn't have much to do with the money, so hey.

My new job which I pretty much have, I completed my onboarding and everything else, I'm just waiting for my drug test results to come back in, it pays $15.00hr. I lost a lot of weight over the past year too, so I'm
going to use this money to mature my style and try to improve my life. I don't even have my fucking liscense. I didn't do anything with the money from my last job, but spend it on clothes, drugs, alcohol, sneakers, food and good times with friends. Kept overdrafting my bank account and the bank said fuck it, and stop giving me chances. So I'm totally broke. I quit weed a few months ago to get this new job.

Just opened up a new one with another bank and have 60 days to make a deposit.

I make $40k at work and I constantly resell things I don't like in my closet.

full-time nurse

This "loser" programmer makes 147k a year

i'm a part time minimum wage loser but i just like, save. isn't that hard if you have any impulse control at all desu

boards like /b/, /r9k/, /v/ etc. are filled with neets, yes
but boards like Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, /g/, even /mu/ attracts normal people with normal jobs, just a tad non-normie

im a musician

what's your name?

Yeah, but he hates his life.

you can be into odd stuff and considered a winner as long as your capable of being personally successful
I'd say a person making enough to support his lifestyle while leading a healthy social life is successful whether or not he has a non-mainstream interests or hobbies

musicboi69

musicians anonymous

I have no bills whatsoever (full ride at college), so all my money is disposable. I play music on weekends, I used to be a pharmacy tech and then a graphic designer, I'm currently looking for a post-college career, but yeah I just don't have anything else to do with my money

Also, I absolutely never pay retail for anything. Ever.

I wear AG, La Panoplie, Simon Miller, John Varvatos, Norse, Vince, Outerknown, T by AW, Levi's M&C, TS(S), Golden Goose, Raf, Margiela, Eytys...and I probably only spend

you wear varvatos? those are almost $1000 per pair. thats 1000/3000, i dont believe you.

errrrrrrrrrrr I live in a wealthy city and good clothes second hand are pretty cheap a lot more supply here than demand. But I do spend like 5k a year.

per pair of what exactly

harryrosen.com/en/brand/john-varvatos-collection/all?q=John Varvatos Collection:newest-arrival:category:boots

harryrosen.com/en/clothing/tailored-clothing/c/sport-jackets/b/John Varvatos Collection

you cant just casually toss in varvotos brand, you could afford like one suit and two pairs of shoes with 3000$. i call bs.

I'm not that guy but I know what you mean the mainline is pretty expencive

neetbux and trust fund

if you really think varvatos is the most expensive designer in that name drop you're a retard.

did i say its the most expensive? no.

Yeah I'm not following. I wear Varvatos tees and button-downs. I usually cop at Nordstrom Rack, but I had a guy somewhere else who hooked me up with brand new stuff...

Okay let me break it down

A) I don't wear suits, I'm 22 years old and don't want to look like a tryhard bundle of sticks, plus it's hot as fuck where I live like 9 months out of the year, so I mostly just wear a short sleeved shirt and pants

B) The Nordstrom Racks in my city are very well-stocked

C) I know/knew people at high-end stores who would LITERALLY just give me shit if I bought another piece of a certain brand

D) I buy everything else on Grailed, and if I want something new, I'll sell a pair of shoes or something

E) I trade clothes with my friend in Eastern Europe. He gets certain brands cheaper there and I get certain things cheaper here, so it works fine

Get stuff from friends in the industry.

Go to sample sales.

Go to second hands (I got a pair of nice size S Balmain pants if anyone wants a good deal btw).

Sell and buy more.

Not stupid enough to submit to an illusion that expensive=fa.

No idea what youre on about buy my entire wardrobe consists of Prada, Marni and Paul Smith mainline with blazer retailing for 1-2k, thats lacking the pants, and I spend hardly any money annually. What are you doing if I may ask? Change you style every single season? I've built up my wardrobe for like 7 years now, nowadays I hardly even spend any money, I just buy a shirt here and there to add to my collection. Outside of that the only money I spend on clothing are dry cleaning and resoling of my shoes.

Even if we go by your example: If you spend 3k on two suits and a pair of shoes then why the fuck would you replace them within a year? These shoes and suits are LITERALLY MADE to be used for ages. Why the hell do you think they even use Goodyear welts etc? Sure as hell not so you toss your shit away.

My parents are rich

hmm really, so 7 years, since you were 14. and your body hasnt grown at all in that time. you should just stop right now

Is that what we are assuming now? That the average poster on this website is 21? Jesus Christ... reasonable, but still shocking.

I'm 20 years old and make 54k aud per year. that and ive been on Veeky Forums since was 14, so i have some items i got for christmas/birthdays throughtout the years that i still wear

Lol this.

The best things in life are free. Money is a bonus.

>How the fuck do you people afford all of this expensive fashion shit?

Work and save but above that you should be thrifting and looking for sales.

post wardrobe.

Full-time single daughter princess to a well-earning single cougar working in senior management. What else would I spend money on if not clothes and gas?

Not gonna happen. But if you want a list its 2 overcoats, 6 "suits" (even if I buy a separate blazer I always get a matching pair of pants from the same collection), 4 pairs of shoes (2 boots, 2 derbies), 2 bomber jackets, like 20 shirts, some sort of raincoat I guess, 2 separate pants and only 2 pieces of knitwear since I hate knitwear. Its way too bloated to be honest, but I dont like selling stuff so I were to trim it down I'd probably just give the pieces away. Most pieces bought during sale, apart from the Prada ones since those never really go on sale (at least not the stuff that I want). Colors kept dark, mostly greys and blues but also some reds and greens (unfortunatley there are hardly any petrol colored pieces).

I wish that there were more designers whose creations actually fit my wardrobe. Havent spend money on anything in like a year because the recent collections were all fucking trash.

>i come on Veeky Forums because i honestly find it to be one of the funniest boards on here and it sometimes keys you in on trend
Same here. I'm fit so I don't need anything more than a t-shirt, pants, and white sneakers to look good. High fashion (anything you can't get at a medium-sized mall) doesn't interest me

>Veeky Forums is one person
we're more diverse than you think

fucking this desu

But i don't hate my life. I love my job

Its also really nice to buy anything I want leisurely. I met my wife in the same field and she does make less than me. but still over 100k. My favorite part is both of us work remotely. Therefore we are always traveling and working. We just cant go anywhere that won't have good wifi. But we will go to those places when we actually take vacation time. Her company is based out of California while mine is out of NYC, but we are both currently in Paris staying with some friends for another week or so. We're thinking about going to Norway next

try out slovenia for me pham, it's fucking gorgeous and relatively cheap