Is «no poo» a meme? Wouldn't my hair get too greasy if I use Argan oil or would washing them with cold water enough?

Is «no poo» a meme? Wouldn't my hair get too greasy if I use Argan oil or would washing them with cold water enough?

No it's not a meme, but it depends entirely on your hair type and current washing technique what your experience will be and there's a lot of pitfalls to avoid.

What I did is buzz my hair to avoid the initial oiliness, it's been about 4 months since then and my hair is fine, and even a little dry so I don't see why Argan oil would make it greasy.

For comparison, I have straight hair and all I do is wash it with warm water then finish with cold and pat it dry.

yes it is a meme
just poo your hair when it starts to get greasy
unless you find an alternative that you like which is great :^)

I use conditioner and coconut oil sparingly, like every 3rd day or so. Its no meme brah

Yes its a meme. Just find a good shampoo that works for you. Might have to spend a bit.

Nah it looks great. Look how great it looks.

ur hair will smell like bad and feel gross. find a good shampoo/conditioner combo and rub some coconut oil in before showers

i have long hair and have been no pooing for 5 years or so now. (I only shampoo maybe once a month which is when it starts getting a little greasy) It's not really that important for short haired people, but if you have medium to long hair it's necessary for not looking like garbage. While some people might actually have really oily scalp and have to shampoo everyday, most of these cases are due to your scalp compensating for how often you shampoo. A lot of people find that the initial oiliness you get during no poo subsides after a few weeks.

I personally use Argan oil after my hair's almost dried after I condition. Your hair wouldn't get greasy if you condition beforehand. (conditioner dries out your hair a little bit) Argan oil isn't as oily as you might think, just put it on when your hair is a little damp and your hair will absorb it well and it won't be greasy at all.

I see,I will try and see then.
I was asking because I plan to grow long hair, so interesting to see you have long hair and only shampoo once a month.
Yes I tried argan oil after making this thread and it is not nearly as greasy as I thought. it also got rid of my puffy hair, pretty useful.

Honestly the only reason it didn't work for any of you is because you gave up after week one because it didn't immedietly look good.

It doesnt smell, doesn't feel gross, and the texture is far more consistent. Literally all you need is some coconut oil or a nice natural conditioner without plastic shit in it and you'll have great hair and its pathetic to see people STILL say that no poo doesn't work.

does no poo work for ppl with fine hair? Please tell me yes because my skinny strands feel like a curse

Yes, probably work the best actually.

How do I into no poo if I have seborrheia?

hello scalplets!

wow for the longest time I thought no poo meant not taking a shit

I have thin Asian/White straight hair. No poo has been amazing so far. I use baking soda and vinegar to actually wash when my hair gets fucking nasty, then i condition every few days.

I used to be so greasy I showered every day or my hair would be a dirty mess. It took some experimenting but turned out to be so worth it. Nopoo is real.

Yeah you have to do that too the shit comes out your follicles and strengthens your hair

My hair is greasy as fuck, I have to wash it everyday and I do not use conditioner. How would I go about it without looking disgusting? I mean, you guys said "weeks"

yeah, it's not so good for you
I know multiple hair stylists an they all say it's basically a shitty meme

Pretty much
Tried it for a few months and now I have a permanently itchy flaky scalp
>b-but your hair will adjust to it at some point
Fuck off

My ex believed this and only used coconut oil. Got really bad acne from it and it was greasy as fuck. Just use conditioner.

ok so what 'conditioner' do you recommend then?

im like a month in and I wash it with apple cider vinegar only when I have to.
today its waxy as fuck - literally feels like strands of waxy string.
is it healthy to keep up this routine of vinegar washing and conditioning with argan or coconut oil? I know baking soda is terrible for hair.
thinking about just going back to regular conditioner but keeping up the vinegar since it seems to work for getting rid of oil when it gets bad like this.