What are some good doc martens 1461's mono alternatives? Heard that build quality on these is shit

What are some good doc martens 1461's mono alternatives? Heard that build quality on these is shit.

Solovair. Just get the docs though to be honest. Build quality is fine.

Redditwing postmen

Solovair

I've also heard that the docs with the 'for life' guarantee are better quality

Just get the docs not some solovair meme.

I think sanders military derby shoe

I'm interested in the redditwing. Does anyone have photos of them irl?

Don't get made in China and you should be fine.

what are the fit on there? are they TTS or narrow? they look like they could be quite narrow.

They're made of boot leather which will stretch a decent amount (more than most dress shoes which are calfskin) so they should fit pretty narrow. That said my size in doc marten boots is half a size down and I imagine their derbies are similar

what do you guys think about these?

Carven.

For doc martens look up their 'made in england' line, they are handmade in the original england factory and they are built to really last

meh. looks too similar to a sneaker.

I wanna go for pic related, cause in my country docs are immediately associated with metalheads and I like this look more, but I'm afraid the quality is going to be dogshit

they are like 50$ cheaper, cop or not?

proper pic

Dogshit. Docs are way more sturdy than that zalando crap

Not a fan of how they look in pictures but I've seen some out and about and they look alright.

Docs are approaching £120 a pair now for the Chink ones has the quality improved? This is only £30 less than MIE Solovair.

I don't see what the big deal is with the quality, they are £100 and they'll easily last quite a while.

I kno. They nice, tho.

Should I cop a pair of old docs from the 70s or a pair of new, made in england docs? both are secondhand 1461 model.

Or should I get solovairs instead. I know they're better quality but the silhouette looks more bulky with the steel toe imo

check the archive or mfa that would be your best bet. Chances are, mfa might have reviewed it.

Or visit a redwing store

solovair dont have steel toes

Solovair gibson with steel toe ?

Wtf are you looking at? The solovairs are also noticeably sleeker than docs

Found some without a steel toe on ebay - between docs and solovairs which one is most comfortable? And seeing as solovairs are sleeker and don't have the translucent sole, which ones are more casual?

Quick rundown on the difference between silhouettes of docs and solovairs?

docs are uglier