theperfumedcourt.com/
surrendertochance.com/
perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

basenotes.net/threads/415753-A-lounge-just-for-us-quot-Over-sprayers-quot-to-discuss-our-SOTD-and-how-many-sprays-were-needed
fragrantica.com/perfume/Christian-Dior/Dior-Homme-Parfum-27417.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Sauvage

Man who was desiring a Catholic/Orthodox fragrance from the last thread here. I received my sample pack of seven fragrances. I am testing the UNUM LAVS first, and have just sprayed a single application on my neck after a shower. Here are my initial thoughts, will report back as the fragrance sets in and reveals more of its qualities. This is very nice so far. The nicest fragrance I've had before this was Terre D'Hermes.

=+=

Tuesday, September 5th, 2017
UNUM LAVS (INITIAL APPLICATION NOTES)
- Smoky, warm, peppery yet amber, sweet, and myrrh immediately after application
- A bit of pine, not much though
- Subtle frankincense and other incense revealed after a few minutes
- Old, antique quality, certainly very woody (smells of cedar, even though none in the recipe) and clean
- Desiring more jasmine or floral qualities, would like stronger frankincense... may be revealed in time

Yes, this reminds me of a Catholic cathedral, to be sure. Yet, it really seems a bit soapy at first, almost like sandalwood. It is nice so far, I'm excited to smell how it evolves...

=+=

Thanks again for the recommendations guys, here are the other six I will be sharing my experience with throughout the week:
Amouage
Jubilation XXV Eau de Parfum - Sample

Amouage
Interlude Man Eau de Parfum - Sample

Comme des Garcons Series 3: Incense
Avignon Eau de Toilette - Sample

Comme des Garcons Series 3: Incense
Zagorsk Eau de Toilette - Sample

HEELEY
Cardinal Eau de Parfum - Sample

Oriza L. Legrand
Relique d'Amour Eau de Parfum - Sample

how about this?

Just got Chloe's Love Story and im living for it right now, replacing my prada floral completely

Invictus Aqua vs Sauvage for clubbing in summer?

Any other choices? Think Eros is too heavy for summer

tfw when the whole creed shilling starts crashing with the release of a generic $500 fragrance

Wasn't keeping track of the previous conversation but did anyone mention Armani Private - Bois D'encens?

Literally designed to smell like an Italian Catholic Cathedral. I got a sample and it's pretty great

Is it good?

>niche

meme

is it worth it to buy the latest versions of CH men?
I've read that its longevity went to absolute shit.
pic related

>application on my neck
If you're testing, may I suggest your forearm? If you want a waft, waft it; if you want to bury your nose in it, berry it like King Arthur. Front of neck is very close to your nose and will likely cause olfactory fatigue, while sides and back are great for projection or a post-hug compliment, but not ideal for testing.

Yes

get prive

The Collectione ;)

The anchor of my collection. I need to buy another backup bottle.

Yep, someone recommended Bois D'Encens, but it was unfortunately too late to add to my samples order. I will keep it in mind in case I don't find one I really like in the 7 samples I listed above.

Thanks for the suggestion! I want to test each one for how it wears throughout the day, so my plan is to spray once on the neck a different one every morning for a week or so. Is this a good strategy? I'm pretty new to this. This UNUM LAVS, after one spray on the neck just 5 hours ago, has already turned into a very subtle scent, barely recognizable now!

>Thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to do exactly what you recommended not to do. Is this a good strategy?

So you're saying spray on my inner forearm as a way to test throughout the day? Why is that better than wearing it the way I'd normally wear it..?

eeeyyyy ill give you more recs if you post more like this another theme though because i dont know much anout the church frags

Cool man, sounds good. Let me get through the cathedral scents first and then maybe I'll move onto another theme. Which ones you have in mind? Winter is coming...

dark romantic/gothic

Because when you normally wear it, you're not trying to get a sense of what it smells like. You already know what it smells like. You're wearing it because you like how it smells and want to smell like that.

If you don't know what it smells like, you need to be able to actually smell it, and you can't very well put your nose against your neck to see how it smells on your skin. Yeah, you're getting the wafts, but you're missing the skin scent, which is just as important.

Outer. Hair holds some juice off the surface of your skin so it progresses more slowly and holds on to top notes longer. The increased surface area also aids projection.

You wear perfume on your neck so others can smell it. Google olfactory fatigue; that's why you don't apply too close to your nose.

Plus, your forearm can move but your neck can't. You'll get a better sense of its projection from something you can change its distance from your nose.

And what said

>but your neck can't
You know what I mean

Asking again. Which scent would match both the images from Raf and Helmut?

Coromandel IMO. Basically from bottom to top for my match>not order, but this is pretty subjective. I'd be surprised if there was any sort of consensus.

One of the anons who recommended them to you:
Thanks for doing this! Very excited to see what you think.

Also, are you going to do the reviews over the week just because of the time it takes to write it out? When I go testing, I could never resist testing them all out at least on mouilletes all at once. It's too exciting

Fuck off with your forced meme. I imagine it's just one person samefagging this over and over again.

It isn't funny, it's forced, and it isn't giving anyone any laughs.

>imblying it's meant to be funny

Dumb frogposter.

Just to reiterate the Creed Greed meme.

htt p s: // web.archive.o rg/web/200912 01002033/h tt p: / /ww w.c reedboutique.co m:80/creed-perfume-for-men/50-creed-green-irish-tweed.h tml

Taking inflation into account, thats equivalent to around 360 dollars today for a 250 ml flacon. So on top of overcharging you for alpha iso methy ionone, ambroxan and synthetic sandalwood in the first place, because nouveau riche idiots like to buy into it, you are getting 155 dolans on top of that. CREEDFAGS REJOICE DESU!

Thats why you buy creed from discounters.

That's why you avoid Creed like the plague
>34 posts in and we're going to descend into a Sauvage and Creed shitposting war again already

Then you have to avoid every perfume house.

Currently use this, would highly recommend.

No, I personally avoid only Creed. Not really because of their over charging, which all perfume houses do, but because of their blatant fake history and their obnoxious fanbase.

Good for you.

Cheers.

LONDONers heads up: Jovoy is having their launch this Friday. I chanced upon their London store in Mayfair. Great stuff, as expected, plus an incredible surprise on the basement floor!

Thanks for the explanation, I am convinced. Will start the process again today with UNUM LAVS as I may have missed notes since it was on my neck!

Got it. Thanks! Expect updated UNUM LAVS notes later today.

:)-|==<

No problem user, my pleasure. I figured I'd just spend a day with each one, so as not to confuse myself or my nose. Will start again today with the LAVS since I need to spray it on my forearm.

It's morning here, going to eat breakfast, exercise, and shower. Post-shower, I will spray the LAVS again and start my notes fresh. Cheers!

Their history and fan base don't actually affect their product, though. Refusing to use a product you don't enjoy because they play a little loose with their marketing and have some annoying fans is silly.

Anyone have the batch 17S01 of Aventus, any thoughts?

*refuse to use a product you may enjoy

I'm too tired for this.

>another backup

Are you memeing me? It's between this and aventus and I can only have one

Aventus.

You may think it's silly, but I think being caught wearing a fragrance from a company that's notorious for fake history isn't the kind of image I'd want to be reflected even dead in.
To me, it screams
>I'm wearing fake goods!
>I'm falling for their scam!

Anyone tried L'Occitan EdT? It seems to check off all the barriers of a daily driver type frag for me (even though I don't nearly wear frags everyday):

>People comment how it's natural smelling
>Masculine lavender (I love lavender)
>Cheap enough
>Available instantly (and I can easily go smell it in person)

I could easily see myself getting a full bottle of this then sticking to decants for the odd/special stuff. Any god-tier florals you guys like?

>B-b-but muh Creed!
>Muh freshies make me feel like a king!
>I would totally have bought it if it was closer to its truer value at $50 for 250ml!
>B-b-baka! I AM NOT PROJECTING COGNITIVE DISSONANCE!
>BUT ROJA DOVE IS WORSE WITH PRICING!!!!
>MUH CREED AMBERGRISSSSSSSS TOTALLY NOT AMBROXAN
>*pisses self*

Well, what can I say. You do you, man.

I am fully aware that they don't use real ambergris and that their supposed history is bullshit. I am also aware that Roja has much smaller profit margins. There is no cognitive dissonance, I enjoy Creed's scents so I use them I don't think they're an awesome company that can do no wrong, I just don't really give a fuck as long as they produce a product I enjoy. I never buy them retail anyways, so they can hike the price up as much as they want, zero fucks given.

Dior homme or Intense which do you prefer? Does intense have better longevity/projection?

Sorry that was towards the kind of people that pay full retail and are genuinely obnoxious about it. People like you that wait for grey prices are smart buyers IMO.

What would be a good frag to go with muted greys and black? Just a monochrome, simple jumper/jeans look for colder weather? Joop Homme is nice and floral but I feel its too loud projection wise to go with the cosy look.

>Roja has much smaller profit margins
I highly doubt that.

Secretions Magnifique

La Haine by Folie a Plusieurs

''The fragrance was created to capture specific moments of aggression and tension in the film with smells of a cold blade, polished gun steel and the burning from riots and rubber from drive by shootings. Built around these elements are the scent of concrete and the septic environmental smells that fill the walls of government housing projects.''

I'm wearing it right now, it really does smell industrial. It's like an adaptation of the ephemera trio all in one. If you want to smell like a cyborg minus the flesh, try that

my dick pics

Absolutely epic.

Looks like a good aftershave

God's work.

fucking shaves jesus christ that disgusting

and rate the dick seriously pls

Needs 1,5 inches more and more protruding end point

This any good?

Blind bought encre noire since no place stocks it near me. Its cheap, but I'm getting bit worried I wont like it

Just sprayed the UNUM LAVS once on my outer forearm. So let's try this again.

=+=

Wednesday, September 6th, 2017
UNUM LAVS (INITIAL APPLICATION NOTES)
- Frankincense hits right away, followed by myrrh and then the sweet jasmine
- Reminds me of a *new* cedar chest full of pine needles that has been thoroughly incensed
- Quite refreshing and clean without any metallic or synthetic notes
- Very fucking holy
- Pepper scent is faint
- Warm
- Floral qualities desired from when I sprayed on neck are now present, clearly

Overall, on initial application, this is quite a stunning and uplifting fragrance. It isn't at all surprising that a variation of this fragrance was used as a room spray for two of pope's robes. I have a feeling this fragrance will be my favorite even after testing all six samples I have left, but I'm going to do my best to give each one a fair shot. See above post for list of samples I will try within the next week or so.

Forced perspective/10

TOOOO thick looks chubby and bad

THICC

but how the girl will like the thickness?
> wears top perfume, still a virgin

How many sprays of this should I use? I usually just do two for everything but this ones kind of weak

How many sprays for
Mat Stone by Masaki
Amoauge Journey
?

5 and 8 respectively.

stop it

>cut

lmao

Can I mix them with vodka? I love flavored booze.

What seems to be the problem?

that's a ridiculous amount user

Overspraying is a thing my dude.

DH is way more versatile. Can't comment on current formulations' performance, but for OG juice DHI has slightly better longevity.

very nice

did you not just recommend I use 11 sprays

theres also profumum olibanum maybe

how did you spray? did you buy the bottles? atomizers? where

Yes? Some people like to overspray.

I'm looking to try some new fragrances and I would like your advice on what to pick.

I have already tried the following...
> Aventus: It's really good, but my expectations were greater.
> Sauvage: Really sexy, really good.
> La Nuit De L'homme: Didn't like it at all. It smells synthetic and resembles others too much. Don't know what the big deal is.

Now, I'm thinking of trying The One by Dolce & Gabbana, or Invictus by Paco Rabbane.

Also, some other options I want to try...
> Legend by Mont Blanc
> Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford
> Artisan by John Varvatos

And...I'd like to try these too, but I don't know if I'll enjoy them...
> Voyage by Nautica
> Acqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani
> Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf
> Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier

I like sexy, serious and mature scents, while I dislike fruity and sweet. I also go for class and elegance over style.

> What do you recommend for someone in his 20s, and what fragrance do you ladies find attractive on a man?

Cut your nails

guerlain homme intense
chanel egoiste
tom ford grey vetiver

>all those baby's first pleb frags

I have a sample of the vintage juice and I like it. Powdery (but not too) amber tobacco. Not FBW yet, but I've only worn it once or twice so far.

University student, 24, currently using Mugler Cologne as an everyday scent because it's subtle, clean, and inconspicuous. It doesn't necessarily even smell like perfume, instead just like a natural soap.

Can someone recommend something that performs a similar purpose but is more suited towards colder temps? Something that is low-key and pleasing enough to wear everyday but is not too "cologney". Was looking at molecule 01 which to me smells like a natural peppery cedar but the price seems a little steep for something to be worn everyday.

He's right, you know. (About the existence of people who like to overspray, not that it's OK...)

basenotes.net/threads/415753-A-lounge-just-for-us-quot-Over-sprayers-quot-to-discuss-our-SOTD-and-how-many-sprays-were-needed

You can make molecule 01 yourself for cheap it's just Iso E super.

It's not. It's Iso Gamma.

You should try all of those, as they are scents everyone should be familiar with, even if you don't like them (esp the last four). Also add to your list:

Antaeus
Eau Sauvage Parfum (only familiar with the 2012 version)
Égoïste
Havana
Sycomore
Terre d'Hermès
Guerlain Vetiver

I regret trying the last four from his list.

Thanks

>suited towards colder temps
The very nature of cold weather frags is they can project through layers of clothing and less dense winter air, but you can always apply less. Couple suggestions that might fit the bill:

Body Kouros
Midnight in Paris
Rive Gauche pour Homme (not familiar with current version, but the metal cans can be had for not a lot on eBay still)

Neither. Go for Dior Homme Parfum.

fragrantica.com/perfume/Christian-Dior/Dior-Homme-Parfum-27417.html

Layered with Kouros and Aramis