What's the go-to major nowadays for "fuck off i just want a job"?

What's the go-to major nowadays for "fuck off i just want a job"?

Most people seem to say it's computer science, but apparently that's becoming saturated to hell. I was thinking civil or aerospace engineering, since those can't get outsourced and haven't seen an explosion of enrollment the way CS has.

>computer science
don't fall for the meme, less than 50% of american CS graduates are employed in the technology sector

I dunno, on one hand every CS major I have ever met has had a job lined up before graduation.

On the other hand, intro course enrollment is skyrocketing.

There's nothing left. Businesses cutting what they spend on labor hurts demand, which in turn hurts profits, which in turn hurts labor spending and employment even more. Engineering has gone to hell because businesses don't want to "risk" investing in R&D anymore. It's time to start rioting against the globalist elite.

Computer science
web development
civil engineering

Holy shit, what do the other 50% generally do? Besides sucking dick and selling knee pads, of course.

Accounting brah

So...is there any statistics showing the amount of CS students that actually graduate relative to those that enroll? Every faggot wants to get into a STEM degree until they finally figure out they're too stupid and quit halfway through.

This. Excessive savings applies to both businesses and the public.

Aerospace has been dead since the 80s.

At least that high a percentage are shit. Overcrowded CS is a meme perpetuated by those who can't do anything beyond basic code monkey tasks.

In Civil the pay is worst of all engineering, just FYI. If you can land a good gig in aero you're golden though. Anything with space is ITAR protected so only US born employees can do it. Same goes for military aviation, obviously. The miliary will always keep buying weapons.

You guys know that most colleges list employment statics for each major?

>What's the go-to major nowadays for "fuck off i just want a job"?
Forget college and learn a trade skill. Instant employment, no debt, and a nice wage.

Civil isn't very R&D intensive, but it kind might not be as interesting as other disciplines.

Lots of jobs for municipalities and consultants, plus working for general contractors etc. Can't be outsourced nearly as much as other disciplines.

Downsides are higher barriers to entry if you want to move up due to capital requirements for stuff like land development etc, lots of licensing, projects tend to be more drawn out.

A large portion of CS majors enter the field without understanding what they're there for and many of them intend not to work in the field.
It really is a degenerated degree.

Bump.

Accountant here.
There are millions of accounting jobs available as long as you have decent intelligence and no criminal record.
But AI is gonna wreck this industry, so I wouldn't start a 4 year degree right now.

Also zero opportunity to do anything but languish in the middle class and be insignificant.

go for one of the following jobs:
electrician
plumber
mechanic
gardener
tiler
And you will be set for life

>just be a plumber/HVAC/sparky meme

What about information technology?

The stats aren't real. Have you ever actually looked at the criteria for the stats? They say its how many people got a job, but in reality its anybody they surveyed that even responded back. Its whether they got any job at all, not in their major, part time or full time. They also use if people pursue further education like a bachelors or masters, whether its in the same field or not.

Theres other criteria as well they use to fuck up that number. So my 2 cents is never trust what a college says when they say 99% employ-ability or job placement

>listening to this beta white knight baby dicked bitch

i could get into doing something like this
thing is
i would have to have a steady 50 hours a week at the pay rate just to be able to BARELY afford the shittiest apartments in town which is essentially "little africa".
then i would be looking at a pay raise in maybe the next five or so years
who the fuck would want to waste away their lives like that

>his shit school doesn't get good data
my school has a response rate over 75% and lists employment by industry, with salaries, geographic location, and a breakdown of the companies that hire the most students.

If you just want a job any degree will suffice, preferably not an art one, after art comes social science(best bet is socialology, or politics), then business degree's (The easiest but least impressive being business studies, econamy is the best one), then of course STEM

How do any of those things even remotely apply? Go back to jerking off over Trump's hairpiece.