No matter how Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums you are, posture trumps all

No matter how Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums you are, posture trumps all.
Good posture make you look healthier, taller and more confident, while bad posture will nuke any fit or look you're trying to achieve

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3973903/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4499985/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27494342
youtube.com/watch?v=zzonBs06mX8
factorfad.com/convict-conditioning-bridge/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

truth. fix that anterior pelvic tilt, you plebeian ingrates

I've actually been working on this the past few days. I'm already in my mid 20s and I'm worried that it's irreversible. While I look cute from the front, I have rounded shoulders and my posture looks like shit from the side.

Any tips on how to make sure you're standing up straight through out the day?

I have really good posture that I think hinders me from looking Veeky Forums

Any advice to improve posture?

You could get a necklace and tie a string from the back to your belt so that it tightens your neck if you're not up straight. It's a poor man's solution to always being checked.

be conscious and/or self aware?

Just standing up straight isn't enough, you need to do daily/semi daily exercises to fight the constant strain of being at a computer/reading/writing/commuting

Look up on youtube:
rounded shoulders
winged scapulas
APT - anterior pelvic tilt
forward head posture

Find the tougher exercises, most channels recommend weak shit for grannies
You need to strengthen weak muscles and lengthen/stretch strong ones

I want to improve my posture because I look like a faggot from the side but I'm probably pushing 6"3 or more when I stand up straight, feel too tall

>I'm worried that it's irreversible

You don't have to worry about that because it isn't true at all. It's just annoying to fix.

lower-back exercises such as back extensions are extremely helpfull. You'll be always straight without noticing it.

This. Some people might just be able to "stand up straight" but I'd say either they didn't have the problem bad or they just *think* they have good posture and aren't aware they don't.

Posture is like having the correct system across your body of having muscles as strong and as loose as they're supposed to be when almost everything you do is encouraging them to be unbalanced.

Are you retarded? A lot of people have APT, where abs/glutes need strengthening and lowback/hip flexors need to be stretched

How does posture ever get that bad?

I've never had bad posture, but I've never had to "try" to have good posture.

this is true. cheapest/most immediate way to look more attractive is to fix shit posture...especially the head forward bulllshit

>exercising lower back doesn't stretch it
>back extensions don't also involve your core
>Are you retarded?

GOLEM GET YE GONE

Core muscles are key. Strengthen the core and you'll have better posture in no time

They are helpful regardless of your posture. He didn't say they're the only remedy to every posture issue out there.

This is true, OP. And standing tall with good posture also has extremely powerful psychological effects. Sitting up straight and standing up straight seem to foster a strong sense of wakefulness, in me at least.

I've found that a good morning stretching program religiously adhered to, has far-reaching positive effects throughout the entire day.

Semi-related:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3973903/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4499985/

Really glad this is a thread. I've had shit posture for years and it has caused me a shit ton of problems (excess stress on pelvic floor from weak core and atp causing tense muscles down there, neck issues from forward head tilt and rolled shoulders, bruxism caused or exacerbated by the other issues, etc).

Most with shit posture will eventually have issues according to doctors I've seen. I got fucked and had problems sooner rather than later, but at least im aware of them and about to start physical therapy for it which should (according to the docs) eliminate or greatly improve the problems over time.

But get that shit fixed man, it's worth it,

Posture improves mood and fatigue in depression:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27494342

what's a good routine for fixing APT?

Sorry for your lose
You wear shoes with outsole and get buzz cut if u feel too tall

Yoga, your posture is shit because your muscles are not stretched enough. Be warned that it will take months to improve. Work hard and you will notice a difference.

youtube.com/watch?v=zzonBs06mX8

Yoga is tight, but in truth, just doing bridges is enough to set your posture right. Follow these progressions and it'll fix your posture within a few months. Do three sets of 8 and also practice holding the position for intervals of 30 seconds.

factorfad.com/convict-conditioning-bridge/

>be manlet
>try to fix posture
>get laughed at for trying to look taller
it does more harm than good if you're not 6'+

but i get a double chin when i stand up right

just do deadlifts. the answer to all of your questions.

I fixed my posture in about half a year by following a YouTube vid I saw being recommended once. You also need to drill into your head to sit up straight and maintain good posture all the time. Though cant remember the vid.

Don't pull your head back, dummy. Just straighten your chest

Posture is entirely genetic though and there's nothing you can do to change it.

pulling my shoulders back hurts so fucking much

worst post of the day

>taking bant so seriously you stop trying to improve your life
Also you should note that you shouldn't look like you're straining if you have proper posture; it should look natural.

D E A D L I F T S

It's not just banter. It's women's high standards.

aww is the wittle manlet sad because girls go for 6'5 chads?