2000s Punk?

Punk in the 2000s went through several stages:
>2000-2002:
Sideways hats, baggy shirt, oversized skater shoes, huge pants/chinos
>2003:
Chinos, fitted shirt, longsleve under short sleeve, beanie with bib on it.
>2004-2006:
Polo with tie, guyliner, women's pants (tight), chains hanging out of pockets, Converse shoes, lip piercings/ eyebrow piercings, (this era is odd, went from skater to preppy look)
>2006-2008:
Colorful clothes (especially hoodies), skater shoes (come back), sag pants, belts are just accessories now, serve no functional poupose.
2009:
Skinny Jeans, sag pants even if it's two sizes too small, huge glittery belts, hoodies that zip up into a mask, guyliner, emo hair, v necks (really deep), if you wear a hat it's gotta be DC or famous stars and straps and must be worn sideways, huge DC shoes
>After
After 2009 I'm kind of lost, it kinda spread out everywhere, I'm not sure what's considered punk anymore, but it was interesting seeing the fashion stages of it. Did anyone go through any of these? Also what is considered punk now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ds7MSgdd3s
youtube.com/watch?v=EhH9afSvgdM&t=7s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck that pic is a national treasure

Favorite: 2006
Soo comfy looking

>longsleve under short sleeve
oh fuck middle school flashbacks

Least favorite: 2009
I think this was the year too many people tried way too hard
Goddammit Pete Wentz!

>Also what is considered punk now?
No such thing

07-09 was about wearing keffiyeh scarfs and looking like brokencyde. It was so cringey fuck don't remind me.

I remember wearing a yellow and black one all of the time. That and fake wayfarers

Same. Wasn't even punk, but I did this a lot through middle and high school. Tbh I do live in a cold climate tho

Is that the first boyfriend from Scott Pilgrim

Punk is very much alive in Portland, OR. So called crust punk has been associated with it this decade, but most commonly I see the classical understanding of punk fashion with denim vests with sewn patches, maybe studs somewhere, hoodies, lots of black, ripped jeans, band t-shirts, dyed hair, and of course flannel.

I want to subtly add ironically nostalgic vibe for these times to my fits. Any hints/advice?

Don't worry, I got u

How dare he appropriate my culture

How did you anons style your hair around 2005-2007?

But Fall Out Boy blew up in 06

>04
I dunno, when On the Frontline came out, people seemed to only care about """""""street punk""""""" look

sup, bro

Sup Bros

Where did you grow up? The alternative style you're describing is a few years behind what I remember. When I was a freshman in HS 2006 the hipster scene moved in. Cutoff or beat up skinny jeans, flannel long sleeves, trucker hats, classic vans and vintage t-shirts were the alternative staple

2006 was fitted jeans and sweatshirts like
>This
(Michigan)

Would I look dumb wearing an Atticus shirt in 2017?

Bump

i think your overthinking this. this look is just baggy skateboard poser look. it's never gone out of style. and is still being rocked by all the posers out there. these band members all look like 14 year old high school skateboarder dropouts. that look has not changed since 1997

i think youre off with a few things there desu...especially trucker hats, they were late 90's/early 2000's, usually with oversized sk8er pants and an ironic mullet

Linkin Park and 3 random dudes in the back

Fit on the dude center foreground is to die for.

>talking about punk
>posting nothing but pop-rock bands

punk is dead m8

punk is so dead that even pop-punk is dead

>2000s punk
Implying it's anything but pop punk

Saaaa duuuuuuuude

'I tried so hard'

>Punk
this is pop rock at best

kek Dickies shorts and using a tie as a belt was my everyday look in like 10th/11th grade.

Holy shit.....just no.

clothes with random patterns on them
hats/socks/belts/etc with flames/racing stripes/skulls/whatever
its been a tumblr thot style for a while now
not to be mistaken with the insta thot, or the art ho
a modern post-ironic adaption of late 90s/early 2000s edgecore with slimmer, more modern silhouettes

got the same ny dolls tee...

I still want a Thursday dove tattoo on my hand tbqh
Right there
28, been out of the scene for a long time, think it'd be a good reminder of my time there
Also, it's the fucking mandatory tattoo if you're 14 and depressed

I still want a jacket like Mark's there. Never been able to cop one that looks that comfy.

How has this thread not been taken down?
No one on Veeky Forums thinks this is fashionable, this is some normie "DC/Etnies/Billabong wannabe skateboarder highschool teir shit you see dipshits in there 20s wear with a truck with a monster sticker on it.

This is not punk; this is fuckin mainstream pop-culture bullshit that normies, who have never been in touch with punk, think is punk. Back in the early 2000s, normies also thought this type of shit really was punk, and what was up, or whatever. There were then and still are real punk bands, scenes, and cultural. If you think "No Punk's dead!" or "No early 2000s pop-punk WAS the punk of that era" See back to "normies, who have never been in touch with punk".

If by "punk" you mean "melodramatic suburban-teen guitar pop"

Don't let nostalgia cloud your judgement. This was never fa. You're conflating fashionable and trendy if you think otherwise. There were definitely fa musicians/music from the era, but these dudes were about as effay and authentic as their studded pleather hot topic belts.

Honestly, the insta thots have elevated this aesthetic. They're at least playing off of its inherent tackiness and disposability. It would be far more embarrassing to be unironically swimming in this mall fashion. It's not so different than when Japan embraces a cultural movement of UK or US solely as a fashion statement, without all the cultural baggage.

you got me interested, got any sauce on these thotts/examples?

It wasn't.
Starched polyester Dickies.

50/50 polybend t shirts with big ass early 00's technology screen printing / vinyl transfer.

And 50/50 polybend cotton blend hoddies that we're bad big and baggy low cut armholes and a lot of fabric in the front so the front has that 200's douchebag hoodie hang

And the shoes were stiff highly.paded skate shoes

They didn't flex so everyone pretty much scuffed soles as they walked

they dress like shit but the aesthetic is finna fixen to be based af litty senpai

if you want 00s inspo watch CKY, the last stand of implicit white identity.

youtube.com/watch?v=5ds7MSgdd3s

youtube.com/watch?v=EhH9afSvgdM&t=7s

None of this stuff is punk, you goons.