Actually using designer sport shoes for sports

So has anyone here ever tried running with any of these high end runners? Will they give me a competitive edge? Are they comfier than pleb tier athletic shoes? Do they give support? How's can I trust a fashion designers R&D department compared to companies that mainly produce sportswear? Am I just paying for the looks here? Or is the latest in running shoe technology included in my shoes?

Talking bout things like balenciaga speedrunners, rick owens, raf simons, berluti, etc.

interesting, bump.

My bet is:

They're shit outside of looks (and they even look like shit)

I believe the raf simons come with a tag the specifically says they should not be used for sporting purposes. They even mention not leaving the shoes in the sun for too long as it can mess with the fabrics.

I'm a very experienced runner and what the fuck are those!? They look absolutely horrible! They look way to heavy and the sole is dumb as fuck! Can you post the name of the shoe and brand?

Designer sport shoes just have the aesthetic, they're not meant for sports. Adidas Rick/Raf collaborations even include a disclaimer tag saying they are not meant for running.

Literally never seen anything like them! And I travel all over Europe to compete! Do not run in those!

They're not meant for sports, simple as that.
They borrow the sporty aestethic, but they to do not cater to it.

Oh. Wow sounds like superb quality then

I ran in y-3s a couple of times

raf simons ozweegos, now lurk more newfag

They are extremely less comfortable than your average nike running shoe and come with a note specifically saying not to run in them.

The materials and construction are beautiful. The reason you don't want to run in them or leave them outside is to keep them lasting a very long time. Not because the materials are particularly sensitive. Designer shoes aren't made for running and shouldn't be treated as such, but to each his own. What you do with your money is up to you but I would just stick with less expensive shoes that are designed specifically for working out.

You idiot. The build quality is amazing, but that's not what the note is for. It's a designer shoe that shouldn't be used to run. You can, but that doesn't mean you should. Also if you have money to shell out running shoes, why in the world would you go with Raf or designer at all?

i have 2 pairs of ozweego 3s and they're so padded and comfy as fuck idk what you're talking about.

Very nice bait

Try running a marathon in your best pair of brogues or oxfords.
It has nothing to do with quality. It will fuck up your knees, possibly your shin bones and potentially your back.
Even if ozweegos were perfectly good running shoes, they still wouldn't be for everyone since universal running shoes don't exist and you'd need to see if you needed more stability or cushioning depending on your personal running posture

I have (had) ozweegos before and can confirm this is true. Also heard there was some dude with their old Asics collab which had the soles melt in a hot car.

On a side note saw some asian guys play ball in rickdidas runners though (old one wth the two huge soles). Looked ridiculous.

Adidas collabs are notorious for having sloppy glue work. Reason why i sold mine, you could see where the glue sits on the parts.

>running shoes not made for running

lmao

How poetic

made in china lol