Reminder that buying and holding the S&P500 or the total stock market will give you better returns than 99% of Veeky...

Reminder that buying and holding the S&P500 or the total stock market will give you better returns than 99% of Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

vanguardcanada.ca/individual/mvc/detail/etf/overview?portId=9557&assetCode=EQUITY##overview
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ELI5 pls

Companies do good and bad and if you hold a lot of them together in a basket they tend to do the same thing. Either all up up or down. Buy the basket!

I'm well aware.

My portfolio is currently:

VFV - s&p 500 index ETF(denominated in CAD)

VCN - FTSE Canada All Cap Index ETF

hope it goes gud and i didnt fall for the bogle meme

When you buy the S&P, you are buying ownership in the companies that make the things that americans buy every day.

Across wars, political strife - whatever - it keeps on earning. Look at the graph.

Buying the S&P500 gives you a passive income stream for the rest of your life. It's not "risky" if you hold for a period of at least 10 years.

This is so simple and straightforward, yet, no one knows it.

Buy $10,000 worth of the S&P500 and you'll earn $700 per year, on average, FOR FREE.

bump

>not just tradying SPY options

>itt:acciuntung retards
Im out performing the s&p, just like 70% of the market has been for 6 months.

Just because you dont have the time to git gud doesnt mean your shitty meme etf is better than actual analysis. Now fuck off.

ELI5 please

see you in a decade loser

Fuck, do you really need $10,000? I have $5k laying around

Feels good to be in the 1%

No, you can buy the slightly higher fee version.

>user gets a whole 70% return on investment across a decade.
Congratz on not starving to death, seeing as itll be your only life accomplishment.

There are other Vanguard stocks to invest in that have a much lower barrier.

Your graph understates the effect that the Great Depression had, the effect is more than likely going to repeat at some point.

Rate this portfolio please

>Buy $10,000 worth of the S&P500 and you'll earn $700 per year, on average, FOR FREE.

yeah, that's ofcourse insane generalization based on 100 years avg lel.

in fact, 0-9% annual return is quite unlikely and %10-25% or -5-15% for example are much more likely real annual returns for a single year.

the real reason why indexing beats stock picking is pure math. sp500 performance is due to 5% of the top stocks past 50 years. if you take out 80% outside the top stocks you would have had a clear negative return. so if you dont buy the wide enough you have simply worse odds at markets than you would ever imagine

DO YOU EVEN SMALL MINUS BIG BRO

rate my portfolio faggit

it's good but what are the proportions? i really think that usa is the best country when it comes to making money
>valeant

>it's good but what are the proportions?

Like 70/30 s&p500 / Canadian all cap

>have dumped $25,000 into vanguard funds
>total gain is under $100

fuck this year

Do you make dividends from these so called s&p 500 401k accounts?

yes

you don't have a portfolio

t-that constitutes my portfolio... ;-;

I only buy those two

get into more positions
get into options so you can quantify your probability of success
quit fucking around with anything else

6/10

Total Stock Market Index has basically superceded the S&P 500 so get that instead.

VUN?

vanguardcanada.ca/individual/mvc/detail/etf/overview?portId=9557&assetCode=EQUITY##overview

Seems like it's not that good, and got outperformed by just the s&p

That sounds too complicated

then making money with money is too complicated for you
hand it over to someone who is capable

>hand it over to someone who is capable

I thought that's what I was doing by entrusting it with Vanguard?

Why are you listening to advice from a poorfag NEET poser? If this guy could truly beat the market, he'd be paid millions by any trading firm.

Stop being gullible.

I'm not taking his advice I just want to hear what he has to say to get both perspectives and be able to form a better view

Then go ask the homeless guy on the corner too. Because his advice is likely to be better than the fag you've been ass kissing in this thread.

In what way have I been ass kissing anyone here?

I trade options for myself.

You're not giving your money to a money manager, but you're buying shares of a fund managed by Vanguard.

>a fund managed by Vanguard.
Kek. Tell us all that Vanguard does to manage an index fund. Other than ... I don't know ... track the index.

Impress me, master trader.

you're retarded, aren't you?

Nigga I want to earn more than $700 a year.

since you're so smart, explain how to track an index efficiently

Depends on how much tracking error you're willing to accept versus trying to save on trading expenses. Since you didn't define "efficiency" you're question can't be answered.

I suggest spending some time on Google learning how index funds work before trying to act like a smartass.

Faggot.

you're the one acting like a smartass

i know how they're tracked, i'm asking you to explain it

but you can't

If they didn't manage the fund, then why do you have to pay an annual fee?

>will give you better returns than 99% of Veeky Forums

Apparently, cryptocurrencies are 1% of Veeky Forums.