Acne

Alright Veeky Forums need some advice, I keep getting acne even tho I'm taking 60 mg of isotretinoin. I use a facial cleanser at night and wear sunscreen during the day. I usually don't eat fatty foods since I'm cutting. What else can I do to stop it from happening? I've been avoiding touching my face as much as possible. I have some some tazorac, should I apply that every once in a while?

Wash your pillowcase often. You might even want to cover it with a towel and switch that out every two days or so. Make sure to moisturize after using your cleanser. Could it be stress related? Easier said than done, but try relaxing a little if that's the case.

Some people are just more prone to acne than others, you might just have to wait it out. If you're around college age or younger, which it looks like you are, it's not the end of the world.

How old are you? If you're in your early twenties or younger it can be hormonal, which unfortunately is a pain to treat as a male. You won't have it forever but I empathize with you because I recently grew out of mine and it really does cause a lot of suffering

>I usually don't eat fatty foods since I'm cutting

Not OP but I'm in my early twenties (22). At what age does one exactly grow out of acne?

Will they be gone by 25 or wait even more?

1) When did your acne start?
2) Has the severity changed at all since then?

I am totally clear now at 24. We all work differently so it may take less or more for your body to sort itself out

I've been having severe acne since I was 16 years old, now I'm 20 and I can give you some advise.
The main advise is don't trust in advises (well except this one), people know shit about acne, acen is a health problem, you don't go asking on web forums about how to treat a brain tumor or tonsillitis. You just go to a doctor and ask for professional advise.
In my personal experience for me is just and extreme case of bad genes, my dad had severe acne just as I did and his face is filled with scars now. SO this is is number one thing, never touch your pimples, fucking ever, a pimple lasts a couple of weeks at most, a scar lasts for ever.
Never use something in your face something your doctor hadn't prescribe you, no matter how many people tell you to use any soap or cream, or mask, just don't man, these people have no fucking idea about your acen, they don't know what bacteria is causing it, they don't know in whid skin layer is, they don't know what kind of case you have, just fuck those people they don't do any good to you.
This is my case and I don't want you to base any advise on what i did to control my acne, but I just want to tell you the sacrifices you must be willing to make: My acne is triggered when I use synthetic vitamins such as D, B and A. It took me 3 years until I was in college that exam season caused me a lot of inflammation in my pimples, it wasn't stress, it wasn't because I was eating like shit, it was because I used supplements to go through the day, the moment i quit them was the moment my acne got a whole lot better. Along those 4 years with my doctor she prescribed me two cycles of Isotretinoin, 6 months each with a months span between each one, also I'm a swimmer and she used to prescribe me non sebaceous sunscreen and moisturizing, well after one year with them she told me to drop them. My skin is 10 times better when I have a light tan, and the more dry my skin the better for my pustules inflammation.

*with 6 months span between each one
cont, people have been saying a lot of shit about what to eat, some peope will tell you to stop drinking dairy products, some other to start eating a lot of yogurt, some other to drop sugar, some other to eat more greens. drink more water, drop coffee. well I've followed all of them and you know what they work for shit about acne, I must admit, eating better makes wonders for you in every aspect of your life, you have more energy, you get better sleep, you focus more at school, you look better in front of a mirror, you basically become a better person, but I'll be giving you fake hopes if I tell you that diet impacts in some way your acne behaves, it just didn't for me and most doctors will say the same.
Something I must tell you tho, drinking a shit ton of water help me a lot when I was on those hellish pills called isotretinoin, I used to drank 5 to 6 liters of water a day because that shit right on dehydrates you.
This ride is of failures and ups, and you have to have a doctor by your side at every step of getting rid of acne. You'll fail a dozen times, but you only need to get it right once to get rid of them, having severe acne has been a bigger impact in my life than entering college or getting my first gf, don't do it the dumb way man, be smart

Thanks lad, my stuff was never severe like OP's so I ain't going on that accutane shit and killing myself.

Just got some pimples around face, but hopefully like you said they'll clear out in time.

i got a similar problem
i shower everday, use facial scrub, blackhead scrub, and moisturiser everyday. i drink only water if possible and am trying to cut down on sugar, milk and meat and replace it with vegan foods
still have really bad clusters of pimples at the corner of my mouth
what do?

Look up this cream on AliExpress. It's very cheap but it actually works better than prescribed medicinal creams from the dermatologist for most people. At least for me it works, although my acne is never as bad as yours. Another thing that I find helps is spraying magnesium oil on problem areas. But honestly I think it just sterilizes the skin and dries them out, nothing more. Although acne can be a symptom of magnesium deficiency. Also, I assuming you avoid dairy?

Oh, by the way. If you try out the cream, I'm very curious wether and how it works for you. So I'm looking forward to a results post, user :)

Am I imagining it or does a big hit of saturated fat improve your skin? I never bothered to read too much about skincare but I think if I drink a bulletproof coffee or even eat some McDonalds my skin clears a bit.

eat ur greens
buy facial cleansing wipes

accutane is high tier. my acne was worse than OP's, especially on my shoulders until I took it.

Best decision of my life. Prepare for yah skin and lips to be drier than the fucking sahara desert and you'll get sunburn at night but it was fucking worth it man.

thanks

Get some Epiduo my dude. I've suffered through acne and I know how you feel. Seriously try to get some from a dermatologist, the stuff is magical. My face finally cleared after years of acne. The only problem is the acne scars thats left.

Google "gelatin and acne"

Eat a spoonful gelatin 3x day in warm water

Don't fall for the low fat meme

stop scrubbing your face you retard

it's your fucking face why are you scrubbing it

you wouldn't scrub your car with sandpaper why the fuck are you doing it to your face

get a gentle soap like cerave, moisturise daily, turn the water heat down in the shower.

you have no moisture barrier and your skin is breaking out because dirt and grime is getting all up in there

>I'm taking 60 mg of isotretinoin
How long have you been taking it? It takes a while for it to start working and your acne may even get worse before it starts improving.

took my first accutane pill now
wish me good luck

jesus christ ok here is the ultime and believe me it will work 100% because it's hard as fuck:
Quit ALL dairy
Meat: if you must-white and fish and nothing else
Quit starches mainly potatoes, white rice, oats (change it with buckwheat and amaranth)
Eat only veggies with your proteins or veggies with carbs like black rice/buckwheat/amaranth.
2-3l of water+some ginger tea

Come back in 2 weeks and say thank you.
Father was telling me i got genetics from him and shit, that I will lost them only after 22 like him but nope.

tl.dr.: veggies, meat, veggies, water, veggies, lemon

+cold showers don't damage your skin under hot baths.

Believe me, that's all you need. It changed me in 2 months completely.

1. drink a gallon of water a day
2. cleanse daily
3. moisturize after cleansing
4. eat more greens
5. don't sleep on your face
6. don't touch your face throughout the day
7. don't stress out over your acne

What if I sleep on my back, should I still change it? Also am a bit stressed out because of college
I am 19, so still pretty young
Like once or twice a week
Can you ever get rid of acne scar? Also what if it pops while taking a shower? I'm a but scarred of buying this
When I use a facial cleaner should I not be using my hands with it? Do I need a pad or something?
Does it really make it that easy to sunburn?
I'll ask about it
A week or two, I was taking 40mg but we increased it for the final part of the treatment
Thank you I'll keep this In mind
Can you apply to much moisture? I just enough to feel on my skin

If you're on Accutane, it should go away. Give it some time.

Get a toner to reduce redness. Wash face after shampooing to prevent your hair oils from entering your pores. Exfoliate in the shower and end the shower by switching to cold for a few seconds to close your pores. Try buying a new pillowcase and washing it every couple days. Salicylic acid cream and a mild cleanser every night.

You should be eating fatty foods with isotretinoin

pores can't close, dude. That's a myth

All right, I just drank a cup of tea I added a teaspoon of gelatin to it.

*does it really need to be grass-fed? how big of a difference would that make?
*does boiling water denature the aminos or any bullcrap or can I just drink my gelatin like this and get the benefit?

What is this? It's not normal acne, the picture doesn't show it well, it's just bumps all over my forehead but I already drink a ton of water and wash my face regularly.

>been taking isotretinoin for a week or two
>still have acne

OP confirmed for a fucking retard. It takes weeks/months to get to work. It completely cleared my skin up and I've never looked back, but for the first month my skin got worse.

I don't understand what you mean about the "final part" of the treatment if you've only been on it a week or two. No doctor would prescribe it just for that length of time- it wouldn't do anything.

Anyway, I had my accutane when I was a bit older than you- chances are your acne will probably come back because your hormonal system is still reconfiguring at 19. When it does, get straight on another course. Don't wait around to scar or whatever.

Good luck. Don't let the scarring get you down.

This is called pityrosporum folliculitis, which is basically a fungus you can get on your face which mimics acne. If your acne looks like this, gets itchy, or breaks out when you sweat a lot, there's a good chance you have this.

I've had acne for AGES and I could never figure out why the things my dermatologist was giving me was never working. Highly fucking recommend bringing this up with your dermatologist. You can take an oral or topical treatment for this, which clears this shit up in a very short amount of time.

Start shaving once a week to take the heads off the spots.

Rub in as high an alcohol content Aftershave as you can afterwards.
It will sting.

Do for one month. Acne gone.

Drinking lots of water and washing sometime just won't cut it. If your pores make too much oil, they make too much oil. Washing won't get rid.

Those look like clogged pores, but it's probably barely noticeable. Water and exercise might help, it might not. If it doesn't your doctor would probably prescribe benzoyl peroxide for it and it'll probably work.

Well at a higher dosage, I've been taking it for 6 months beforehand

Listen to this user. He's right.

>Rub in as high an alcohol content Aftershave as you can afterwards.
>It will sting.
Holy shit
Please stop posting you retarded idiot

>had acne
>brother (5 y. older) also had acne
>he visited a doctor back then
>had to take shitloads of medications that made his acne come out even more
>he got rid of it at like 20 or smth

>be me
>also had acne
>never went to a doctor cause nobody gives a shit about me
>used clerasil and other products - often expensive ones
>didn't help
>acne went away at 20

i actually got a single pimple right now - that's what happens the day after i drink energy drinks or eat mcDonalds

it gets better user

also if i get a pimple its usually gone within 1/2 days unless its a really fat one - that takes 3 days - in puberty every pimple lasted like 1 or 2 weeks and i had that shit across my face

acne just fucks up your puberty you can still be a letdown afterwards

>Failing to spot the sarcasm
>Being this retarded

>be on accutane for 5 months
>move so i can't see my old dermatologist
>new dermatologist said i didnt need accutane and gave me another topical that doesn't do shit
>am now breaking out like crazy
>feel like utter shit
why couldn't you give me accutane you fucking bitch

Its possible to remove scars with some treatment like laser or peeling?