What are some non-meme high fashion brands that are consistently worth buying? Always high quality material...

What are some non-meme high fashion brands that are consistently worth buying? Always high quality material, good looking, easy to purchase etc

Other urls found in this thread:

mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/designers/gucci/clothing/t-shirts
edhardystoresale-online.com/EdHardy_List.asp?sx=0&sort1=1&chk=online&page=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Dries van Noten
>Lemaire
>Prada
>LV
>CDGH+
>Yohji

meme:
>Gucci
>Raf
>Rick
>SLP
>Balenciaga

+1
the nice thing about the listed non-meme brands is that you will be able to wear them for years to come without looking like "how you doing fellow kids"
Marni is also nice but Consuelo left recently so I'm wait-and-see to see on the continued quality

adding:
>margiela
>jil sander
>dior

Dior is meme, Margiela menswear is just expensive Diesel and Jil Sander has been lacking a coherent vision since Raf left. Sorry bub.

adding:
>Annie D
>Cedric Jacquemyn
>Craig Green

I can see dior being meme but a good portion of their stuff fits the "wear for years" etc. criteria
it's not a look that will really go out of style like the other memes you mentioned

craig green is a little too new to call consistently worth it imo (although he hasn't disappointed yet), plus his designs suffer from the same coherency issue as rick when you're talking about a wardrobe

What kinda Asian culture vulture shit is this. From stealing native American patterns, cowboy culture from Mexicans to this. Smh

NUMBER (N)INE

Excellent choice. I considered throwing in Hermes but havent handled any recently to confirm quality of recent items.

Not sure about LV being up there.

Thoughts on:
>Marni
>J.W. Anderson
>Thom Browne
>OAMC
?

Haider Ackermann

just buy prada and be done with it

>Marni
goat
>jw anderson
meh, generally can come off a bit tacky, better conceptual fashion than wearable
>thom browne
some nice stuff, but can be a bit bland sometimes depends on the pieces really, also pretty overpriced in terms of quality to price
>oamc
dunno much about em

>>Marni
LOVE THEM HAVE A SWEATER FROM THEM
>>J.W. Anderson
KINDA GAY
>>Thom Browne
VERY GOOD CLOTHING HIGH QUALITY KINDA EXPENSIVE DOE
>>OAMC
MEH

GOAT

Yohji.
Issey.

I find CDGH+ to be really lacking desu.

Switch Yohji with SLP and this list is pretty good.

DvN's aw17 feels like a huge let down. He's jumped on to the oversized shit so hard.

Marni Used to be amazing. Not sure about the future, will probably become boring as fuck.

JW Anderson some of the stuff is pretty good and interesting, but a lot of it feels like dude just throws shit out and hopes something sticks. Doesn't really have a cohesive vision at times.

Thom Browne. I hate everything about this shit. I hate the cropped trousers suits shit. I hate the stripes he puts on every fucking thing. I hate the prices that are jacked up purely because of the fucking stripes. Literally nothing is worth the price idiots pay for it. Totally biased, fuck but fuck this faggot.

Omac.Not really on the level of the other three. Mostly a mix of everything that's trending at the moment.

Thoughts on MHL by Margaret Howell?

I'd add Antonio Marras. I've liked the quality of everything I've got from there.

Stfu Cuck, Yohji is superior to MemeLP

Undercoverism

Dior and LV are by no means consistently worth buying.

most of them
you are the meme if you buy in to the internet 'meme' horseshit
find the brands that resonate with you and get those

>craig green is a little too new to call consistently worth it imo (although he hasn't disappointed yet), plus his designs suffer from the same coherency issue as rick when you're talking about a wardrobe
>t. I actually never did any research in to what craig green or rick put out aside from the popular things people list on internet fashion forums
granted it's somewhat understandable with green since he doesn't have that many seasons under his belt

Kinda true. Even the houses I know are considered memes put out pieces I like. I still watch Gucci, Hermes, Dior, etc. when they put on a new show.

I do wonder if OP had female fashion in mind though. It kinda seems like the whole board geared their answers toward male fashion, despite OP's image.

how about YSL?

literally been mentioned several times in the thread you mong

LV is pretty great since Kim Jones started designing the menswear, which was quite a while ago

I assume OP wants pieces that are on the wearable side, given their "non-meme" classification
you're absolutely right that both rick and green do put out consistently good pieces, i.e. rick's leathers and green's knitwear, but you can't tell me that most of either's line would fit into a basic wardrobe without looking out of place
stuff like lemaire, dries, prada are always worth buying because they're still somewhat safe, not the case with avant-garde designers

this

fucking gucci appropriating other culture

STOP STEALING MY GERMAN PLASTIC SANDALS HERITAGE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I feel like a lot of dries is aren't versatile, especially when it goes full floral.

Also it's pronounced Dries (like trees) not Dries (like tries) right?

lol'd so fucking hard.

Stephan Schneider

I prefer JW for Loewe.
Loewe is also good quality to put on any list.

For shoes, any welted British made in UK shoemakers. Loake, Cheaney, Trickers, Churchs, etc.

Nigel Cabourn has good quality shit.

Agnona are top tier for coats.

Bally is good quality.

Berluti
Bertoni

Isabel Benenato
Uma Wang

>gucci
>balenciaga
>meme
>LV
>not meme?

Didnt Churches turn to shit when Prada bought them ?

LV has had the same designer for menswear for years now, it's very consistent. The Supreme collab could have fall into meme category, but if you know where Kim Jones comes from as a designer, it kind of makes sense.

Gucci is ok, but Balenciaga literally hired the biggest meme designer and turned itself into a meme brand

Is it just me or is LV ;despite it having large popularity and presence, not that recognizable or interesting.

When you think LV you think monogram, but other than that nothing else comes to mind that is even remotely memorable.

Might just be me but I just noticed this. Gucci on the other hand being similar but Gucci is recognizable for floral/tigers/insects etc.

Just a thought.

yes, it's dries like trees :)

It's not about "most"
If it's just about wearable pieces, rick produces fucking ton of regular ol' things that look anything but 'out of place'
Prada is ridiculous and stupid as fuck if you just nitpick the designs, if you on the other hand just choose the safe things, you can say shit like
> are always worth buying

It's not "high fashion" by any stretch. It's Margaret Howell's cheaper workwear inspired diffusion line.

fuck off nigger

NUMBER 9

>cheaper workwear inspired diffusion line

Yes, I noticed. Is the quality decent? Always wanted a wide wale corduroy jacket like pic related. Wish I could find one with more than one pocket but everything else is good.

Yeah, the quality is fine. It's made in England like all Margaret Howell stuff. It's basically just a different aesthetic from the mainline.

Gucci is a fucking joke. It's past few seasons have essentially just been early 00s print craze with a luxury price tag. Remove the tag and it's basically just Ed Hardy or whatever the fuck again.

Perfect. Going to visit one of the Margaret Howell stores in London and try some stuff on

> Didnt Churches turn to shit when Prada bought them

Heard this as well. How true is it?

Yohji is memecore at its finest. Half of those pieces don't fly real life.

SLP is sophisticated and can be worn anywhere while looking effay as fuck you autist.

Sorry if SLP doesn't have enough pockets for your fidget spinners.

You really see Ed Hardy when you look at current Gucci? Example?

mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/designers/gucci/clothing/t-shirts

edhardystoresale-online.com/EdHardy_List.asp?sx=0&sort1=1&chk=online&page=1

Same shitty over the top motifs. Animalistic prints with tigers to show off how cool the whole thing is. Main difference is that you're paying £400 for a Gucci T-shirt. The Ed Hardy website is a fucking mess and I cba to search out exact examples for you, but the easy one is that Surf Tribe t-shirt with the tiger or whatever. Gucci just throws in Hollywood instead of Surf Tribe.

It's called SLP now after Hedi took over.

shit

>Yohji is memecore at its finest
>Half of those pieces don't fly real life
>SLP is sophisticated
>Sorry if SLP doesn't have enough pockets for your fidget spinners.

>t.I cant wear Yohji
>being this buttblasted

This has to be pasta, you literally cannot be this retarded and new all at once.

Thishas

I kinda feel Yohji's gonna turn into a meme in the near future; Once hypebeasts get ahold of a brand /r/streetwear and the general public usually aren't far behind