Is it worthwhile to get a part-time job at uni to get more expensive clothing...

Is it worthwhile to get a part-time job at uni to get more expensive clothing? It's pretty much the only thing I can see myself needing money for at the moment. I don't drink or smoke or eat bad nor have many expensive hobbies, if I had a lot of money, it'd mostly be going on clothes, travel and rent.

why do you guys keep posting this kid?

define expensive

everywhere from £100 to £600

I usually buy from vintage shops so it's a big step up in price range. A lot of jobs people have here pay like between £80 to £140 a week

Quit uni, go on welfare

I see, well yeah, you should then.

just curious, how do you currently pay for food and rent?

Not OP but similar situation. I have a scholarship that covers tuition, meal plan and housing, but have to keep above a 3.5 GPA to keep it. Don't know how much taking on a job would compromise class performance.

I'm not OP but he has a great sense of style

it's for a photoshoot ya idiot.

Annnnnnnddddddd?????

He still looks great :) he's perfect inspo, photoshoot or not

Get a job, dont burn the money on clothes, but use the money to up or quality of live, then on clothes or go half and half, i mean ur probably 18 or so, and whatever u think u like with that age, after 2 years u will not like, specially clothes, seriously get some stuff that u like, since u wanna look neat for social life, but dont do like those idiots who buy all raf meme pieces, and think theyre the shit.

Dont buy like pic related
Jesus, that wardrobe pathetic.

>university student
>expensive clothing

worry about clothing when you finish school. literally everyone wears rags to college anyways.

Also to quote another post from someone else "if you can't look Veeky Forums when poor then you can't look Veeky Forums when rich"

Because he's weird looking so it draws the eye

That quote's true to an extent, but to look good while poor is pretty time consuming, at least if you're going beyond the very basics - I would know because I'm currently doing it. The problem is that a lot of thrift/secondhand stores are picked clean by either the workers or friends of the workers so you have to rely on absolute steals on grailed (I got some Yuketen shoes like new for $40 that retailed for $450) or get lucky with thrifts.

Honestly being poor has made me hate the people who are poor as a hobby.

I should expand on and say that having money allows you to buy anything you'd want - having knowledge of what looks good doesn't change with how rich or poor you are but if you don't have money you're going to spend all of your time either looking for good deals that you probably catch 5% of the time, finding good quality vintage clothes and then tailoring them yourself, or just going with the authentic "I have no money so I dress like shit, but it's still endearing" look.

best answer

W2c pants?

he's cute no homo

I'm still in uni and I buy yohji. Part-time job is the only way to afford that.

Kids gap

Get on JSA lad

its worth getting a part time job anyway
i find my job doesnt really affect my academic performace, i usually only cover 2 5hr shifts a week at a supermarket BUT I dont have to pay for any expenses except for petrol+car registration, servicing etc

T.plebbit

You don't sound very interesting. I recommend you work on your personality first.

keep buying stuff at thrift stores and invest in events your interested in, small trips and travels. investing a little bit more money into clothes every now and then is alright when it's actually an investment e.g. timeless classics like decent leather shoes/boots stuff like that

Stop being retarded.
At college, no one cares about clothes, people just throw a pair of jeans/sweets with a t-shirt/hoodie and that's it.
Between thousands of guys at college, you're just another one, no will notice/cares about your sick fit.

Mate, just spend your money at going out, that's what you need.

Read this and stop wasting your time and everyone's.

He qt