Buying Bitcoin right now

>Buying Bitcoin right now

Short it, bros. Look at those orders for fuck's sake. Buy back in ~$328 USD

>fucked up my chance to sell bitcoinz at its highest peak

LET'S BURN THIS FORSAKEN CURRENCY TO THE GROUND

The problem is that the halving in 5 weeks is making idiots buy in now, thinking there'll be more upswing on that date. The halving is already worked into the current price though, as its a secret to no one.

When the halving comes up, the price will nosedive. Miners now need to sell twice as many coins to turn a profit while half as many come in, and panic selling will become the new life of the coin as all who bought in over 500 usd scream out as the day after the halving sees btc drop by 25% minimum.

Screencap this thread: BTC will be sub-300 by August.

The effects of only 12.5 btc per block reward instead of 25 have not materialized yet because the rewards haven't actually gone down. However, the price may very well be lower than what it is now come halving.

''The halving is already priced in'' just doesn't hold true

Since mining is all in China can't the miners just limit the supply of coins to jack the price up ?

Limit the supply how? You mean hold them?

Would only work if the power grid decided to hold onto all the electrical bills too... so, no - they cant mine without electricity. Cant electricity w/o money.

I sold some yesterday almost at peak, bought silver from JM Bullion with the rest.

When should I buy again, if ever? Should I just for more ETH?

shit nevermind >Buy back in ~$328 USD

thanks

>''The halving is already priced in'' just doesn't hold true

>Everyone knows 'the habbenig' is coming shortly
>Everyone knows what this means and thinks the price will do x, y, and z.
>Everyone who is gonna buy, buys now, anticipating the event.

It's the exact same as any other stock/commodity. eg Sony stock gets bought when the next Playstation is announced, not on launch day.

Will the halving affect the price? Yes, but at about 1/100th of the amount of the lead-up anticipation buying already did. It may spike for a second the hours before, but it will not spike this high again as everyone who was going to buy has now bought, and the last-minute emotional buyers who hop in will be contemplating suicide the following morning when the price cuts in half, if not more.

It's massively overbought as it is, and just recently caught a decent wind current of anticipation to boot. When the halving kicks in, profits are taken and panic selling ensues as miners dump everything and leave the industry until there is profitable room for mining warehouses again, it's not going to be shocking at all to see BTC dip to $250, $200, hell, even $100 for a good while after July. It'll go back up over time, but the vast majority of people who keep the currency alive right now are anticipating the upcoming halving as a memo from their boss of the company saying "Hi, starting today please continue working as always, but expect half of the pay." The block size is too small to sustain as it is. Now, imagine the lack of number-crunching and the effect THAT will have on tx's.

This kills the coin. At least, for a while.

wrong. btc is bullish by itself atm, on top of that you have halving and the dollar weakening severely for the rest of the year.

Absolutely no change to the dollar it will end the year around $600/btc, if the dollar does as expected it'll end up more like $700-800/btc.

Screencap this thread: BTC will be over-700 by january.

>it'll go back down to $100 any minute now
>guys don't worry that it's gone up, just short more
>guys listen the dolar is known for it's strong support in value
>guys please
>guys

I hope you don't cope too hard when the normies are talking about buying mBTC

> chinese yuan is now backed by gold
> chinese are only ones sustaining this price
> btc has been steady for months
> btc jumps $50 - $70 in hours
> halving coming up that makes mining more pointless
> chinks are panicking about affording rice in Sept

It's over goys.

Get. Out. Now.

>Get. Out. Now.
i almost agree. i'd just wait for september mid.
>yeah yeah, i'm a high-risk taking faggot.
but, the major issue is, where to invest all that money then?
Literally nothing except gold-silver that even looks enticing.
I bet bitcoin losing steam will have a negative effect on other crytpo-currencies as well.
Which currency is gaining up or going to?

Ugh part of me agrees with you, such a big upswing in such a short amount of time just screams a dump to me. But what if it went up to 600 the same day I decide to sell?

when did you buy? i'm sure you can make out the math and see how much you are earning today, and how much you may if it goes to $600.
it's easier to calculate a stop loss limit.
exchanges allow a sell order.

>Ugh

>Ugh

>Ugh

>Ugh

Veeky Forums in 2012

> bitcoin at 5$
> extreme bubble
> buying bitcoin right now

This fucking thread.

No resemblance hombre. We don't live in 2012 anymore, it's a different world.

how can one short it? if i have fiat, i have to buy bitcoins to trade them. which sites can someone short btc with fiat?
i have some crypto for long holds, but i don't thin it's worthwhile trading with them.

>any year
>listening to Veeky Forums about Bitcoin price going down

Well memed sir

>Veeky Forums
>existing in 2012

if you're going to make shit up to support your rhetoric at least do your research

> implying I didn't mean it as /g/ at the time before they created Veeky Forums to get the autism out