Shaving

How the fuck do I shave? I can never seem to get a close shave. There's always a leftover gray tint where my stubble used to be.

I've tried using different razors and shaving creams, experimented with shaving before and after showering, but nothing seems to work.

What's the trick to getting a close shave, Veeky Forums?

Safety razor and shaving soap, shave in three different direction (obviously re-lather between each direction), down the grain, up, then sideways. I've gotten to the point where my face is smoother than a baby's bottom.

Put simply there is no suck thing as a close shave. No matter what you will always see and feel the little points that are skin level after you shave.

Also the hair is already visibly over the skin level 8 hours after shaving so it is a lost cause to even bother. I stopped worrying about it a long time ago and you should too.

Just enjoy the ritual, no one else notices it anyways, everyone will see it as a close shave.

if the beard shadow bothers you enough, consider trying out an epilator or getting laser'd.
I look shitty with a beard, so I'm not worried about the hairs not regrowing, and using an epilator is the only thing that gets rid of the shadow.

>There's always a leftover gray tint where my stubble used to be

Are you actually retarded?Its the beard shadow from the cut hairs peeking out beneath the surface of your skin, you underage moron. The darker your hair the darker the shadow.

Are you autistic or something? You do understand how hair/skin work right?

>father didn't teach him how to shave properly

>it's a "why don't I look perfect like a cartoon character" episode

user what you are looking for is impossible unless you literally have no hair follicles.
And even if you somehow could get am extremely close shave, what's the point of that if you would lose that look in a few hours?

What about epilation?

This
Edwin jagger de89 razor, Taylor cream and feather blades it' a good setup

For me an electric shaver worked, a Braun series 7

Shave with the grain, after that shave against. Used to work for me.

Epilation work very well for me, i don't have to shave for 4 weeks

> What's the trick to getting a close shave, Veeky Forums?

The 4-5 bladed razors work well for me but they’re expensive, so I only use it if I’m going out on the weekend and use generic single blade disposable for day-to-day shaving.

A buddy got a straight razor shave from a barber years back on the day before his wedding and he said it was such a good shave that it took almost week for his beard to even start growing back but very few barbers do traditional straight razor shaves nowadays.

I tried using my dad’s WWII straight razor once and while the shave was super close, I cut myself a dozen times with it, as it’s definitely a skill that takes time and practice to acquire.

Shaving is about beard reduction, not elimination

Any tips? I epilate my legs, but have never tried my face other than just messing around. I've read that it can rip out your skin. Do you need one of those smaller epilators?

I have a straight razor with disposable blades. When I shave I can't see or feel the hairs.

It too me about ten times to do it without nicking myself. Half a year before I could do it as fast as with a disposable razor. The secret to a close shave is to make a second pass against the grain. You have to be completely deliberate; if you change the angle or pressure or direction at all you'll cut yourself.

>tfw my skin is too sensitive to shave any way other than with the grain

Safety and straight razors eliminate that. I used to be only able to shave twice a week with Gillette Fusions, but I can shave daily with safety razors because it's a single, very sharp blade as opposed to many dull blades.

> > it’s definitely a skill that takes time and practice to acquire.
> Half a year before I could do it as fast as with a disposable razor.

Indeed, which is why so many men had beards back in oldy timey days; shaving at home with a straight razor was a slow and frequently painful process and going to the barber a couple of times per week for a shave just wasn’t practical.

It wasn’t until WWI that men abandoned beards, after the Gillette company got a government contract to supply U.S. troops in the field with their new safety razor.

I’ve also got two of my dad’s 1950s/60s safety razors and while they provide a close shave, even the slightest lateral movement results in a cut.

On a related note; when I bought my first house 2007 I renovated the bathroom and noticed the in-set mirror/medicine cabinet over the sink had a small slot in the back and when I pulled it out from the wall, there were a couple of hundred rusty razor blades heaped up behind it.

This was a standard design element of medicine cabinets back then for disposal of (still sharp but) used razor blades.

>This was a standard design element of medicine cabinets back then for disposal of (still sharp but) used razor blades.

This is only a hard on shitty houses built in the 50's

High end to moderate homes did not feature them. Frank llyod wright, joesph eichler and the designers in Palm springs never had this in mind.

It was assumed that low end houses would be torn down and rebuilt therefore storing trash in the walls was a nonissue

> This is only a hard on shitty houses built in the 50's

My house was built in 1959 but safe razor blade disposal was an issue addressed even in high end homes back then.

Not even being sarcastic, thanks for the history lesson user.