Thoughts on chukka boots?

Thoughts on chukka boots?
>Obviously Clarks, I'm not a degenerate

Other urls found in this thread:

gentlemansgazette.com/the-chukka-boots-guide/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're fine. Suede is best.

theyre ugly. annoying 4 lace holes gayness. they look clunky and never look good with any pants. seem to look better when you are wearing shorts actually. iow, ultra lame and super inflexible

I don't own Clark's chukkas, but I do have 2 pair of desert malis. Be mindful of which particular brown finish you get, they all wear differently.

i own a pair of these and i hate them. I only wear them when its raining honestly.

I had to change the laces too the default ones fucking disintegrate after tying them once.

Do people wear clarkos in the winter? I thought they were summer boots

start wearing red wings

>I only wear them when its raining
It's like you want to die.

I got these a month ago. I love them.

Wear them with black jeans or any kind of chinos.

He probably meant Bushacre 2s like in the OP, which have a rubber sole

I like the clean lacing I guess, but I'd rather slip on higher boots.

nice reddit shoes

Are these just the desert boots? If not what's the difference I can't tell lol

yeah they keep the water out in case you wanna jump in puddles

had a pair a bunch of years ago.
theyre great. I like them. wore them with jeans.

might get a new pair. open to another boot tho.

I like them in suede. Quite clunky though. I think I liked them more in concept than in reality.

Chukkas are goodyear welted, in desert boots the upper is sewn directly to the sole, and usually they have a crepe sole

Chukkas aren't necessarily Goodyear welted. The main component of a desert boot is the crepe sole.

>goodyear welted
the defining characteristic that makes them chukka/desert boot is that the upper is all one piece of material that is folded over. thats why they are chukka/desert, it has nothing to do with goodyear welting.

I quite like mine, although I got them a half size too big and forgot that leather likes to stretch a bit when worn in. Oh well

But they don't keep rain, the fit between sole and the leather is too relaxed. Desert boots right.

I think chukkas are perfect when you grow up and stop using sneakers.

The best version is the sand suede.
They were actually originally intended to be worn with shorts.

Just took this pic. Wearing some right now

ugly

desert boots are better

those gucci slides

those shits are so fake it hurts

Look fine to me

Chukka/desert boots were the shoe of choice in junior high school, when I was growing up. By high school, more diverse choices showed up as individual taste developed. Anyway, here's a guide to all things chukka/desert boot oriented. Origin, history, style tips, it's all there. gentlemansgazette.com/the-chukka-boots-guide/

Sanders chukkas are pretty comfy.

they look exactly the same. this entry level elitism is funny as shit, because it still looks like you were dressed my mfa regardless.