/CCG/ - CryptoCurrencies General

Discuss Bitcoin, Ethereum, Lisk, DAO, RISE, Trump etc. here.

Questions, newcomers welcome, but don't expect to be spoonfed, a kind user might help you, but you are capable of doing your own research.
Recent Headlines:

President of Coinbase Fred Ehrsam on why Ethereum represents the future of crypto
medium.com/the-coinbase-blog/ethereum-is-the-forefront-of-digital-currency-5300298f6c75#.yo90er98q

Bitcoin Prices Break $500 Barrier to Hit 20-Month High
coindesk.com/bitcoin-price-500-20-month/

Researchers Find Security Flaws in DAO Ethereum VC Fund on the Eve of Its Launch
news.softpedia.com/news/researchers-find-security-flaws-in-dao-ethereum-vc-fund-on-the-eve-of-its-launch-504615.shtml

Was Ether's Loss Bitcoin's Gain? Traders Wonder After Wild Week
coindesk.com/was-ethers-loss-bitcoins-gain/

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1391598.msg15021998#msg15021998
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Answer me this Veeky Forums

Why is Bitcoin controlled by the Chinese? Why are so few Europeans and Americans not interested? Bitcoin's price fluctuations are 99% dependent on the Chinese exchanges. The recent surge can be attributed to Chinese fleeing the yuan. Most miners are Chinese. They control it. What does this even mean for Bitcoin's future?

Has Kraken improved since March? Like with the down time and shadyness, I'm thinking about switching to Kraken from Poloniex. Thoughts?

Only TRUMP has any potential for explosive growth as far as I can see. The rest are already way overvalued.

Don't know, the US is also pretty big but why the rest of the world is just resting on their laurels? No fucking clue.

Always had great experience with Kraken, even two years ago. But yes they've improved dramatically.

I would stay away for one reason user: they don't carry Trumpcoin.

Now I may be a more fickle investor than yourself, but that to me, is a deal-breaker.

I don't know if you've heard the news on the rumour mill, but allegedly, Trumpcoin is anticipated to hit 7000 satoshis this coming Friday. This is all speculation of course, but still a nice profit to be made.

I want to jump into cryptocurrencies. I'm pretty sure I'm too late on the bitcoin bandwagon.What are some alt memecoins that I should invest in?

buy trump and the inevitable waves dip after ico launches.

So many people love this game of musical chairs.

This has the potential to burn everyone that buys in. The only guaranteed winners are those who create the currency and hold most of the reserves. Even if it tanks they make money as long s the price is over Zero... But buying into these is lunacy.
It's completely unregulated and major governments could easily outlaw the technology due to it being unregulated.
You also can't actually use Bitcoin for anything, websites that take bitcoin are really only letting you convert them to currency via a 3rd party.

>This has the potential to burn everyone that buys in. The only guaranteed winners are those who create the currency and hold most of the reserves.

If you want a guarantee of winning go take your ass to Dave Ramsey and put your money in a savings bond and wait 50 years. Potential to burn or reward is what the market is. If you aren't willing to take a risk don't play the game. Also not all sites convert BTC to USD. TOR markets don't convert and they sell millions of dollars worth of product. The very fact that BTC has a value of $500+ currently is amazing seeing it started out as worth nothing and just an idea. You seem to be stuck in the past and haven't read very much on the subject. Please educate yourself Grandpa.

Okay, you're a cock.

There is a difference between investing in something that has intrinsic value like a company and a fabricated currency that has no value outside of what someone attributes to it.

How can you calculate a P/E ratio on crypto currency? There isn't one.
It's not even like Forex as that is a commodity that is traded for reasons other than speculation.

What percentage of all crypto currency transactions are people buying and selling them for profit compared with using them for transactions?

What about Apple Shares /biz?
after their profit report many big investors backed out yet now their back on an upwards trend which was inevitable, should user buy now and sell when it bounces back to 110?

What's your appetite for risk?
At 11.17 it's a decent P/E ratio but it will depend on how their 4th quarter sales go.

In the case of Ethereum, LISK, DAO and RISE, people are investing because they see the technology has amazing potential for practical use in the future. If an investor thinks the technology will grow and be worth more in the future because of the success of one of these platforms, then they invest. When the technology grows up it will certainly be used for transactions, I can guarantee this will happen for Ethereum as it actually already exists to a small degree. If a crypto doesn't offer a practical use or solve a problem then your argument is valid.

well I'm sat pretty with high risk/high reward I'm only a Uni student so i can risk funds for now.
The only risk I'm worried about is the reaction from the market when they release new products.

This is the thing though, it's all "potential" and it has no government regulation.
It's like investing in a Pharma start up with a great idea and no FDA approval, it could be huge or a total bust...
There is no floor here, if these currencies go bad, they go to zero.

If you have no DAO tokens I feel bad for you. Slock is gonna get funded and change everything.

You make a valid point, but without government regulation, does that mean you can avoid putting bitcoin selling in your income tax?
Just curious, Australia Tax Laws are so cruel

Well, what you need to think about it that the shares are priced correctly at the moment, this means that for the performance of the company the price of the shares is reflective.

For the share price to improve, the company has to perform better, so it is speculation.
Historically the share market trends upwards in the long term, but you're not getting a bargain here.

Personally I am looking at resource stocks that have been hammered down with the market unjustly, if you have a share price that represents a total company value of say 900 million, but the assets could be sold tomorrow for 2 billion and their cash flow is solid, then that's a great investment.

I approach investing like I was buying the business outright.

I literally can't deny or improve that theorem i suppose ill just have to rely on speculation for this risk and see if it pays off.
If not i suppose i just won't sell the stock for a while and sit on it until I can see them to break even or make a profit.
them dividends though

Call me an idiot but ico is Lisk right? And I'd assume the best course of action would be to convert to bitcoins, or would it be better to wait for Trump to win the election in November.

>
I'm with you man, I'm trying to figure out what risk is right now, I'm newbie here

friendly reminder that Siacoin v1.0 is being released on June 7th. Buy now during the dip. The last release had a 110% pump leading up to it.

here's what you need to know:

waves, eth, btc, trump = good
risk, dao, lisk, random bs = bad

waves will probably drop heavy on launch of the ico though, so buy it on the dip instead of now. most short term potential of your options is TRUMP, most long term potential is waves.

But how are risk and lisk bad though?
That's in two days though right? What do you reckon the price of waves would be once it drops?

>you will never trade cryptocurrency ETN options

Meanwhile DAO is the only token dips below its initial price

Answer is simple.

Conventional thinking bundles with risk.

No economist wants to look like an idiot if it plummets to 100.

>if

okay read me this -
what if, some compy-wiz kid found a way to regulate digital currencies. what if, we could tell the world govt. that they could keep a tab on the currency.
would the crypto's still be as enticing as they are now?
with official acceptance, will they become more expensive or fizzle out and die?

it would certainly make the marketplace more efficient, though, i would imagine that would entail a cheaper price, since the lucrativeness of the coins and their anti-govt feel would be wiped out when govts adopt them and interbanks start negotiating for very cheap

i've read about Waves and will put in a small amount to the ICO tomorrow.

you say buy in the dip after release, why don't you think there will be a pump after the launch from ICO price?
Why do you think Waves has the long term potential?

like i say, i have read about it, i would just like to hear another opinion.

>major governments could easily outlaw the technology due to it being unregulated.

We do you need the governments approval for me to send you money ? That's the whole point of Bitcoin ,no banks or governments are needed to exchange money.

don't be a retard government control the internet easily. they can outlaw any protocol they want especially a childs play if it's open. once bitcoin protocol is hindered (along with tor) the internet virtually breaks up for bitcoin clients and that means multiple competing ledgers and it all goes to shit.

not saying this would happen but it easily can all a matter of legislation.

it has been proven that governments can force isp-s to do crazy filtering shit if they want to.

of course there are countermeasures but again it requires a consensus to change protocol and countermeasures come faster than changes in bitcoin protocol (which is awfully slow to be honest).

to no bitcoin is not safe from governments that want it gone but i think most see it as a useful thing to hide/carry their own black founding ops deniably and freely and conveniently. so they find bitcoin to be useful just as tor is useful for field agents.

THfVvc42tmZeLbKqZrBPXyoEjFcnT4WJPd
Can someone donate me with Trump?
I would appreciate it .

>Trump becomes president
>Bitcoin banned

I-i-if only there was cryptocoin Trump wouldn't ban....

Riddle me this: will TRUMPS grow in price at all? I've suffered 3x losses since I bought them in V1 state.

there's going to be a lot of pump and dump in the next 4 months, but the real super-pump will come in october. the closer we are to the election, the higher the price goes.
just before election day, you will see a lot of panic'd dumping.
When trump becomes POTUS, the price goes FTL, and dumpers will cry like babies, while we wonder how many bitcoins a trumpcoin will give us and whether veneno is a good car to buy or whether buying an island in today's unpredictable climate is a good decision?

They have potential to skyrocket.

I would hold so you don't feel stupid twice. Last of the meme coins.

how is xrp ripple doing?
does anyone make money day trading?

Yeah, day trading USD/BTC/ETH in Trumpcoin. Every day.

Why did they change PEPE to MEMETIC, worst move ever... PEPE wouldve been a hit through Veeky Forums like doge through reddit, MEMETIC just sounds awful...

>Tfw when you know at some point Reddit will find out about Trumpcoin

Feelsgoodman.jpg

what happened to ripple guys

>Why is this making me horny?

Ripple vs Stellar vs Trumpcoin
=
Shit vs Turd vs Allah

It is dying, Ripple wanted banks but banks want their own shit.

Now Ripple is shit as shit

>not shorting str for free money

What is trump potential pending a potus victory? Defeat? I'm very new to the concept and realm of cryptocurrencies, however,I'm trying to get as much information as I can.

when the coin starts truly being marketed toward normies $1m is not farfetched amount of money that will be brought in over a small period. Currently if you wanted to invest like 5k into this slowly over a week+ you'd alone push the price to double what it is now.

At this point in time there hasn't even been made an attempt to bring in money from outside the crypto community and in general the crypto community hates D. Trump. Buying trump now is by far the best investment you could ever make as it's so underpriced it's insane

I think some positive movements will happen in the future... Santander invested multiple millions and R3 is also working with them. Still high up in market cap without much promo in the normal crypto channels.

I'm looking to invest some of my savings in Ethereum.

I have 4 R9 390's on my way, but also looking to convert some of my btc.

I'll buy 10 times the ether i get to this address

0x8034ADe1D2910a84e01D852337D5f8691545C3a1

Just placed an order for 1238 TRUMP, who else on the Trump train to quick riches?

Okay im lost here

Created a youbit account to get started, and yet i dont know how to do this

Can someone walk me through this? do i have to link a wallet to the site?

i have some odd fractions of btc in different exchanges used for trading in other coins. i've transferred them to you bit and will put them into it. i'll just let it ride until the fall and maybe make a few bucks. if not, nothing lost really.

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1391598.msg15021998#msg15021998

SOON

go to Wallet tab.
you'll see withdraw and deposit tabs.
just click around man. you'll figure it out.
yobit is actually easier to use.

the exchange uses its own wallet from every crypto it offers. Deposit money into your exchange wallet(s) to start trading with it.

>This guy.

>This guy gets it.

We're getting rich of memes anons, get on board or get out the fucking way!

Trumpcoin 7k Friday = Confirmed

Trumpcoin = 1USD = CONFIRMED.

>Name changed from PEPE to MEMETIC
>MEMETIC

>1bn potential mktcap to 10 USD mktcap overnight

Memetic is dead on arrival user.

Get trump or stay poor.

>no one has thought of making a Lord Kek coin
we are all going to die poor

>China is one person

look there is a finite amount of money in crypto. Not everything can be successful. Eth would've rolled over and died if Microsoft didn't back them back in desember. Because of that backing eth ended up making people rich.

A success needs a certain amount of luck and a certain amount of skill. Lisk/DAO/risk has a following because people are jumping from ico to ico looking to cash in on launch $$ and the new eth. The amount of real belief that they will be successful long term is way smaller than you might think. Even eth would've died without back in desember without luck, lisk/risk is not better than eth. The money will dissapear to new ico's, development will hit problems and the price will fall. Then they need a miracle to stay afloat.

Stay away from those, they are most likely bad in the long term. Waves is the most likely to be the new eth, in my eyes it's gonna be top 3 market cap in cryptos within 16 months. Still that said, even waves can roll over and die, nothing is for sure. Problems can arise and people can lose faith.

Sasha has actually come out and said they'll use development funds to put up a buy wall at launch. I am much more uncertain about the dip now than I was when i made that post. If you believe in waves you could buy now without a problem, I see a skyrocket launch as impossible for the coin though so you're not losing anything by waiting either.

>Trying to make money on ICOs
> thisweekofthismonth.jpg

Only trumpcoins can make us all millionaires senpai.

>I see a skyrocket launch as impossible for the coin though so you're not losing anything by waiting either.
if you are right then i bet wave will have a long life,

So, say we get /r/The_Donald on board with this raise money for Trump idea with Trumpcoin. You're saying if it catches on it's just that easy to push the price of TRUMP up up up? All we have to do is tell enthusiastic trump people about it, and watch it soar.

Yes but timing is key user, you can only expose it once. First impressions matter. We have to get it up to 25ksat MINIMUM. If you learn one thing from jews, learn this: hold hold hold like your lizard hands depend on it.

So does that mean I should buy in intervals over time to help it rise, rather than buying all in one larger buy?

That dubai coin though

>Buy high
>Sell low

It's the Veeky Forums way!

The US government would have to rip the 1st Amendment to shreds in order to restrict internet use. It isn't happening any time in the next 50 years.

Been a while since i checked on crypto

what's dogecoin status ?
Bitcoin seems to be going up lately why ?

>to the moon

If you really want to help raise prise put in buy orders. If you get some buy orders at say 3900 someone puts put a buy order at 4K to beat you. As this repeats you build a "dump wall" that keeps FUD and shills from dumping the prices. At one point you COULD NOT GET trumpcoins to go below 5k sat. Like someone tried selling 4k trump but the 5200 price held, until eventually some Hill-bot or LSK shill dumped 10k of coins at half price to destroy the buy wall. So yeah. Build a wall!

Well not just that but by keeping the price low you can stock up on more, sell more on the way up, and have more to sell at top. Higher margins, and less risk. (not afraid to sell to cover initial cost)

Anyone know much about RISE? Seems just like a LSK clone, and Alty being there doesn't really help.

I'll be rich, you won't

>Bitcoin seems to be going up lately why ?

The halving happens in early July. People are buying in for the hype gains and as the halving approaches they'll start to dump hard. Nobody believes in BTC longterm, so it'll probably drop to about $200 by the end of the year.

Look for ETH to take a lot of that money coming out of BTC. ETH will be $75 by year's end.

thats how saudis going to sponsor terror attacks across the world now

All those things money can buy

>mfw i sold at the beggining of the rise
>mfw could have $500+ and got $70

what's the opinion here on decred?

also, where do people buy their bitcoins? There are so many exchanges around these days it's hard to evaluate which is best

>Nobody believes in BTC longterm

where the fuck do you retards come up with your stupid bs? how would you know if nobody believed in btc long term you mong.

Best exchange for anonymity and privacy? A few years back I was using btc-e. Are they still good? Any better exchanges?

im fully sold with cryptos, i think they are the future. I have a modest amount of my funds in BTC, however, my main fear is the governments clamping down on them.

doesnt take much for governments to pressure banks to ban dealing with BTC exchanges. Then what am i gonna do and buy with my valuable coins with no way of converting it into cuck currency? Some countries have already made steps to make sure BTC never gains a foot hold.

Yeah its not gonna happen anytime soon, but just a hypothetical scenario.

Also what exchange for alts?

Idk, being made illegal could be the best thing to happen to crypto, the price of heroin mooned when it was outlawed. And it would probably be about as enforceable as pirating music.

Coinbase when it's not being a piece of shit. Otherwise cex.io is faster and easier to deal with.

Chinese are motivated to liquidate RMB-based assets, and they're not "allowed" to exchange more than ~$50k USD per year out of RMB; they can buy BTC more easily than they can exchange currencies, and as a result, you're seeing BTC used as a money laundering/currency extradition method for middle-class and wealthy Chinese.

if you realize those gains through a traditional taxable method (i.e. you cash out your BTC gains for USD and transfer those gains from your exchange account into a bank account), then you'd probably be in trouble if you got audited and didn't report it.

If you cash out those gains through some other method (localbitcoins, etc.), there's no paper trail, and as a result, nothing to worry about from a financial tracking perspective (unless your wallet account is somehow linked to your legal personhood).

you wish you could you clueless cocksucker

Eth looks primed for the next bounce above $16

$20 - $22 incoming

i'm missing the top of that pyramid.
and i don't know how to get there as long as i have a job.

c-cex

i use yobit.net

how do you see what percentage of a total cryptocurrency that you own? I was able to see this once.

What up with that waves friends?

Shit hitting exchanges tomorrow right?

Get your stash of TRUMP before Friday.

You've been warned.

i don't think it hit exchange until like half a month from now right ?

right type of books is the answer you looking for.

I'm a poor, noob in Crypto-wiorld [inb4 i'm young so please don't deride me for missing the 2010 bitcoin-boat], but i want to get on the boat somehow. even the 3rd tier will do. [maybe i'll find my kate winslet from 1st tier and have some fun as well.]
My question is -
How do i get some btc? From where?
Faucets are a very slow pain in the ass. But are their other options? May be watching videos will give me more than 100 satoshis every hour? Any and all suggestions are welcome.

I do wish i was born to rich parents.

>almost tempted to post my wallet address here and beg for free money.
>nah, i'm better than that, i'm not a bernie supporter.
Give me work, i'll earn the money myself with my hard word.

earn your own money you little shit

>didn't read the last line.
>implying wasting your time solving captchas isn't working hard [it isn't working smart, but it sure as hell is hard-hectic]
>implying you can't make money watching ads and videos online.
i just want someone to give me a link or 2.