Help me become Veeky Forums

This is my outfit almost every day
>White Hilfiger tee
>Black Levi 511
>Vans Authentic
I'm 20 and just starting college, but whenever I google fashion tips I get men in suits. I don't want to wear a suit to school, I just want nice streetwear that isn't so plain. I can't afford designer, so just some tips on budget Veeky Forums would be much appreciated. I don't know what I'm doing at all, and can use any advise you have

also: I'm skinny as fuck and live in Canada, so brands are a little harder to come buy

no they arent lol

They are where I live #poormaritimes

Use the internet my dude, nothing is hard to come by

lose those vans, I know they are classics but I see them everywhere, at least do something different with them, get black laces, I don't care, If you wear those, you're wearing the same shoes as all young men your age and it looks generic/boring as fuck.

Then, change the shirt color to black, and you're set!

Read the sticky and lurk until you know what you like

right, but I don't know what to buy. my sense of fashion revolves around being plain

Question 1: whats your budget?

Thanks for pointing this out, looked right passed it

500-ish bucks, maybe 600? assuming that gets me a few outfits

You're welcome
I'm also
You already have nice jeans, and a decent budget. I would go for some black tees, maybe another pair of shoes, those vans are too plane for my taste. Once you know what you like you can start spending some more money on stuff you actually want and that fits your personal style.
Good luck bro

a generic question then; I see people spend a LOT of money on plain t shirts that are designer. Is there something I'm missing, or are plain black tees from Walmart just as good? Fashion's confusing

You can get a good few outfits with that budget at stores like Asos, Topman, H&M, ect. Buy a bunch of different coloured tees and blue jeans and you can mix around easily. also buy new shoes.

No reason to buy plain designer t shirts, other than maybe feel of fabric. Uniqlo t shirts are cheap and great quality

Where I live I only have an H&M, and I hate online shopping because I'm quite slim (size 28 waist). What kind of shoes are Veeky Forums?

I'm a 28 too. if you know your size online shopping isn't difficult at all. I buy most of my stuff online and rarely get anything that doesn't fit at all.

I appreciate all your tips, thanks a ton. Last question, where do you guys look to for inspiration?

if you aren't overweight, get snug-fitting floral button up shirts

I'm in newfoundland and yet i can get whatever brand i want online
so what is the issue pham
alsi, if you live in NB, my condolences

height weight?
throw away the shoes, get some lace-ups and start lifting

If you want some basic sneakers then some leather Adidas or Converse work well. Stick to black or white.

Right on the money, live in NB.
5'9 120lbs, have an extremely hard time gaining weight due to a medical condition

Read the sticky you faggot

Kill yourself

Go to h&m and get some slim fit trousers yo.

Also you can just be a jacket person. Buy jackets you like and don't even worry about t shirts. Tuck that shit in sometimes maybe.

Try American Apparel Tri-blend track shirts (most Tri-blend tees are alright), Bella, Anvil, Next Level, a good handful of other brands make decent comfy tees, I haven't tried uniqulo but I'm sure they aren't bad.
Also just go thrifting, find what's comfy, and look up more from those brands and manufacturers.
CustomInk also prints on AA track shirts a lot, so you can run into tons of them with random prints and colors at thrift stores.

Get chinos in addition to your jeans.

Also get at least a couple button downs. Uniqlo are good and cheap. They make you look much better than a tee and chicks love em.

All one color outfits are really in right now OP I suggest yellow or blue for that nice pop

I would say pick up some button ups, my go-to's are navy, white, black, tan, olive, maroon. Mix it up and pick up some with prints on them and some flannels bc we're approaching fall weather. With the pants you can look for some simple tan chinos or jeans with some distressing. For the shoes if you really like Vans than old skools are pretty decent, but I'd go the all white shoe route. For outerwear pick up a Levi jean jacket in the correct size. Because you're starting out and only 20 (like me) I would say stick to the essentials and browse this boards often, over time you will develop a greater sense of things.