Effay Fancy Shoes for a Beginner

I've been recently building up my shoe collection and noticed that I don't have anything besides from sneakers. So I've been looking for something nice but not too dressy like oxfords would be.

I've been thinking of getting the Aldo Freinia or...

... the Aldo Zurlo R

bump?

where do you live?

These are driving mocs. You wear them to drive car not walk in.

Aldo....who says you can't make shoes out of Elmer's glue, spray painted McDonald's burger wrappers ...I mean "faux patent treated textured propritary polymaide blends" and that cheap post office polyester twine that's given out for free

I live in Houston. It's boiling, so I'm looking for somewhat lightweight shoes.
Oh. Well they look good enough for walking to me. Should I not get either of them?
I know Aldo probably isn't the best in build quality, but they're in my budget user

Sure you can walk in them, they just aren't that great or durable.

What would you recommend then? I've been leaving toward suede shoes of this style.

LAMAO

Proper loafers and preferably not by aldo

I live in Houston too.
Wanna hang out

lol maybe, but I have classes mang
What brand do you recommend? I went with Aldo because of the price range.

oh, well i doubt you'll find anything decent, or at least what i would recommend, at that price point. then again i'm not familiar with american brands anyway. you could look through ebay: factory seconds and lightly used

i have classes too we can hang after where do you live

also are you in high school or what :)
how old are you boy

Just get sperry topsiders. They pretty much never leave me feet during the summer. Granted that's New England summer compared to the hell that is Houston, but they'll look """fancy""" and they're nice to walk in.

walk into a saint laurent store wearing those and look at how people judge your clothes.

>boat shoes
>fancy

If by fancy you mean formal, you're pretty much talking about oxfords, which come in many styles. If you're talking semi-formal or are open to boots there are a lot more options.

What are you planning to pair these fancy shoes with?

Idk, desu probably a tee and some pants, maybe a button up. By "fancy", I just mean something slightly more formal than some sneakers.
I go to UH you dork :), I'm 20

They look good for walking, but I guarantee you put more than 4 miles on those shoes on concrete and the rubber nubs on the bottom will be completely worn off, and you'll just start tearing up the leather

t. I bought driving moccasins, walked around in them, and the bottoms lasted about a week.

Damn. So what durable suede loafers/moccasins are there at $80-$130?

i dont feel like reading this thread, but if you walk around in driving mocs you look like and are a faggot

Minnatonka makes moccasins in that price range that have normal bottoms. Try "the camp moc" or "the classic moc"

If you change your shoes to go drive you are a faggot.

Easy solution: don't buy fucking driving mocs

Ok, so your looking for everyday footwear that isn't a sneaker. Presumably you want something versatile. What style pants do you wear?

look for 2nd hand yuketens on ebay or grailed, seen pairs go below 150 before

>New England
>Prep/neo-prep
>Caring what anyone who wears saint laurent garbage thinks

Still, boat shoes are not fancy by any means.

>saint laurent
>fancy

Are there any artisianal shoemakers in America?
At that price point in Europe you can get MTO.
Detail quality is usually somewhat lower than the expensive brands, and something of an unknown quantity, but if you can accept something less than perfection you can get a lot more shoe for your money.