Interior thread

How would you make this room more interesting?

Also, general interior thread

If you threw in a bookshelf or a tall plant on the far wall it would break up some of the negative space.

Also could put some art up.

Also a tall lamp.

Needs more things at eye level coz rn everything is on the ground that's why the room feels empty/unbalanced.

get a bookshelf in a cheap bedframe. put a few things on the wall but dont go overboard. thats already a really nice space with nice natural light. you dont have to make up for anything so just do things that you feel would compliment the natural energy of the space.

do you happen to live in eastern germany ?

No, i'm in helsinki. Why?

SUOMI MENTIONED!!! TORILLA TAVATAAN

Missäpäin Helsinkiä? Teipinpalat tai mitä noi nyt on niin pois seiniltä ja noi koneen vieressä olevat muistiinpanot seinälle kiinni toisella tavalla. Vaikka sit joku taulu johon voit niitä kiinnitellä. Muuten aika lokosa kaikessa boheemiuudessaan.

art on your walls, storage to hide all youre shitt

made all the furniture myself + carpet + folded textiles on the wall

Ne on hei boheemisii sisustusteippei. No ei, piti maalata seinää ja rajasin maalausaluetta, mutta en saanut aikaiseksi maalata, joten teipit on alkaneet tippua itsekseen pois. Enkä ole saanut aikiseksi irroittaa niitä. No kai se on itse asiassa aika boheemia.

Toi taulujuttu on kabs työn alla.

Laittaisitko mitään tonne pöydän ja kirjojen väliin?

Ja vallilassa sijaitsee

P E R K E L E

0 budget suggestions:

As mentioned before, need to balance out the mess on the ground vs emptiness on walls. I really like your furniture actually, just gotta tie it together better. Step one, tidy up and get rid of those weird tape things on the ceiling. They kinda shift if from minimalism to trash. Second, i would arrange the two plants and maybe even your bedside lamp on the stools around the room or perhaps in a "plant nook", get creative here. I really like the stools btw. Tall plant on stool provides a bit of height, good start. Also plant on desk looks very cramped as the desk space is limited already.
Then, try to do something with that ceiling lamp on the ground. I assume you dont have a ceiling lamp but look up how to hook them up, it might sound intimidating but is pretty ez actually. As the ceiling is really high you could even opt for a long cable instead of just having it all the way up on the ceiling, idk how to explain but surely u get what i mean. If you feel fancy, google origami lampshades as you don't have anything to cover that lightbulb with. Theyre pretty low effort to make and cost pretty much nothing.

As for actual investments, some nice bookshelves on the walls would be an option to avoid that stack of books. And but that picture higher up on the wall next to the desk, atm it just looks thrown in a corner.
Your room has some nice minimalist/mid-century vibes to it, pinterest is full of it at the moment. I'm sure you'll find good inspo there.

Something a little specific:
I like the image in pic related - and generally the whole look and idea behind Ligne Claire - and I might make a hand-drawn copy of it. Any thoughts on framing?

Oon 100% kateellinen sun puulattiasta.
Ihan alkuun nyt siistit vähän kämppääs, niin kuin tuossa ylempänä ehdotettiinkin. Ainakin ton kaoottisen työpöydän.

Yksi tai kaksi viherkasvia lisää voisi tuoda vähän eloa. Sulla on myös sen verran tyhjää, valkoista seinätilaa, että laittaisin itse pari kappaletta (minimalistisia) tauluja. Lattialla oleva räsymatto ei oikein sovi kokonsa eikä värinsä puolesta huoneeseen.
Kannattaa harkita kunnollisen kirjahyllyn hankkimista, johon saisit nuo kulmaan pinotut tavarat siistimmin; pitäydy siinäkin lakatun puun sävyissä.

Reading finnish online triggers me

TURPA KIINNI

Nyt täytyy kyllä myöntää etten jaksanut lukea ollenkaan ja veikkaan ongelmasi olevan jotain täyttä hevonvitunpaskaa.

Mene suihkuun ja nukkumaan. Huomenna töihin. Muuta neuvoa ei tule.

this is cool, I love textile hangings.

framing would be ok, but you'd need a specific design of frame to complement ligne claire, it couldn't be too ornate (or ornate at all?)

looks like a generic Urban Outfitters unfinished stage

High ceilings, huge space makes the difference. not an average room space

S U O M I L A N G A

You do know that Hunter S. Thompson is code reference to igor

What sort of chairs do you guys use in your rooms?

I'm redecorating and the majority of things in my room are white/beige but I can't find any office chairs in the sub-200 bong range that aren't just black and plastic.

I'm thinking about buying the IKEA Volmar in all black because of the price and just putting up with the colour.

just brought this chair from goodwill $4 cad
also had the same in blue and green, but my hands were full. hope it's open tomorrow, gonna cop the blue and green one too

that little side table also from there, $5
the lamp is a luxo i got there for $5, then i saw them on ebay for like $70

>hope it's open tomorrow
*hope they are still not gone tomorrow

Wow, room looks incredibly comfy. What sort of building is this?

Tbh a full on office chair would ruin the entire vibe. Also your drawers are probably way too low for a chair anyways, arent they? If you really want a workplace setup you have to do a lot more restructuring than just a chair.
What are you sitting on right now? The sofa or that little stool thing?

>Wow, room looks incredibly comfy. What sort of building is this?
It's the Nakagin Capsule Tower in Tokyo, isn't my room unfortunately :^(

I have a smallish room and I'm planning on having a proper desk so I'm not really seeing any options other than a decent office chair, it's looking like it'll be the Volmar so far

I think you should learn how to take aesthetic pictures. Im sure you bought some nice stuff friend but it looks absolutely repulsive the way you present it right now kek

suck my ass kek

use your imagination. i don't have to chew shit up for you. it's esthetic to me in real life

Alright then. Imo theres nothing wrong with the Volmar, just that it's an Ikea chair and youre gonna start seeing it everywhere once you bought it. It wont ruin the room of course. If you have the time, go check out craigslist/ebay/goodwill or whatever for something unique, or one of the thousands of fake design furniture stores. I always feel like desk chairs are either design or comfort, it's breddy tough to find a good one :^(

god this is fucking depressing

no need to get offended, i did say i think you bought some nice stuff. this is a bit far fetched but if a painter just handed you some paint and said "in my head i painted a great picture, you just cant see it you uncreative dumbo" that would be silly wouldnt it? anyone can buy furniture really. show us what you make out of it or don't bother posting it in the first place lol

>check out craigslist/ebay/goodwill or whatever for something unique
That's a really good shout, I'll have a look around some second hand furniture stores and antique shops for something that'd fit the room better.
Thanks user

>he isn't catching a vibe

>lives in Australia
>has an American flag on his window

Why?

Dorm Room.

It's super comfy, and has a west facing window so I get some incredible sunsets each evening.

bump

it looks a awful lot like every student flat in region.

*in my region

Unironically posting my living room (again).

I got a new (used) TV. Fucker weighs a tonne.

>forgetting the file
Kill me.

>Cozy af
>Depressing
Found the /pol/ poster

>He gets to live college life in a dorm
>He gets a single
I should have just killed myself when I was told I had to commute for school.

I just had to grab a couple more of those colorful chairs :) I think am becoming addicted to chairs.
Where do I stick this blue one?

Also need to find an interesting desk. This shit's way too ikea.

Commencing supreme interior dump.

oh boy here we go with the greenery faggot

needs more palm trees

I do like me some plants, but not as heavily as in . Just picking randomly from my folder, friend.

This one's pretty green too, the high glass ceiling does it for me. High ceilings in general, interior perfection imo.

Hey inspo asshole. Way to ruin the threda. Do you go to WAYWT and post your photogenic inspo shit?
This is where people post their fucking homes. Stop shitting here with your bullshit inspo you fucking nerd.

If you make interior threda then decide whether you want people to post their actual living space or you wanna post your perfect little inspo.

It's like normal people trying to compare their looks and suddenly a professional photo model jumps in HEY LOOK AT ME!

i came

Urban Outshitters x Pottery Barn
soulless shit

what kind of bed frame is that?

oh shut up you contrarian faggot

loving it!

>ampelmann

>I'm not capable enough to keep plants alive so I'll just shitpost about them instead

Let's see your room, big boy ;^)

it does look comfortable but honestly dorm rooms will always look bad unless you can get rid of the yellow-pine and particle-board prison furniture

Aren't you the user who had once a madoka poster in his living room and also a cat? your room looks familiar to me

given the apparent climate outside, i'm sure that the fake fireplace is practical, but it's ugly as fuck and clutters up the space

this is how i imagine a serial killer's house would look

I know you werent asking for a rate but i really like it.

I think a bigger rug as a centerpiece could be nice. Possibly a low table and chairs in the middle could break it up too.

are you from NL?
those chairs remind me of the netherlands for some reason, i think they are a e s t h e t i c af desu sepatachi

I think turning the room ninety degrees clockwise could really work wonders.

>tfw neighbours from the higher floors can see ur hairy ass when you fuckin your girl on the couch

this thread is shit, previous ones were much better.

I wonder how many pigeons get inside everyday

for real pigeons have no sense of good manners. one time I was sleeping with my window open and the first thing I saw when I woke up in the morning was a pigeon staring at me from the windowsill (the one on the inside of the window). I mean, at least he had the decency not to shit in my room

very nice, got more minimal vibe.?

Thanks! I bought four chairs at a thrift store. I have two red ones that are random 1970s chairs. And two of the ones on the right. They are class room chairs. And then i have six of those stools but i don't know about their background. I got them from my mom.

you guys recommend any brands in general for furniture/interior stuff?

Thanks, i think i'll want to keep the center clear of any stuff though because i like the feel of opennes. But i'm thinking of hanging something on the walls. I just bought these at flea market on sunday. Also i might have to figure out a different arrangement for the books. The "shelf" im using now is actually an ikea bench.

Oh, and i'm in finland

I think it's a nice kitschy chair desu, hope you can cop the others.

where did you get that oriental rug

not the same user but ill give you some inspo

Nice finds. Good prices. You have an excellent thrift store near you. You're lucky.

Way too small for my tastes but I like the aesthetics.

needs more retro video games

I'd start by posting a picture at the fucking proper orientation, you finnish mad man

that is fucking rad

plants that are Veeky Forums and also need much ligt?

>need much ligt?

That don't need much light or do?

i barely get any natural light in my room. is it worth bothering with (special) lamps?

The floor is beautiful, you have a lot of /comfy/ potential to make a warm feeling room . . . Especially in the cold of Helsinki.

Lots of wool to start.

some plants require no light. I don't understand the biology but it's madness.

it wasn't really a question about plants, i just noticed that all the meme interior pictures have extremely good lighting while i barely get anything.

yeah dude, lamps are comfy

Why did you buy a shitty old CRT?

>buy
It was free on Kijiji. 2003 model, 32". Replaces my older one (also free; 1995 model, 21").

What planmts because if u mean plants like pothos thats a lie, they do ned light, they just can take being in a low light enviroment for longer than other plants but not thrive.

i just moved in with my sister

help me decorate and liven up my room, its so drab

TOP KEK