TWG - Techwear Geneal

Welcome to techware general. Post your techwear clothing drops, fresh kicks, urban warrior fits and leave the draama at the door. DM @waru_kami for TWG Discord access.

Other urls found in this thread:

thathobo.com/products/hb-bg2615/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

there's already a techwear thread newfag. post there
>

gottim

We can't possibly tell the functionality of a fit by just a picture. Shouldn't it be a standard to include what they're wearing so we can evaluate the fit not only on looks but also in function.

Ideas for seaworthy techwear?

Work on an island and frequently enter water. I build autonomous boats, help with field sampling, fishing, etc. Any given day I might end up in the water several times or not at all. I like to wear clothes that look decent on land, but will dry quickly after water exposure. Very hot here, so cool fabrics appreciated.

The common look here is board shorts and shirts saying "performance fishing gear" down the sleeves. Its pretty bad. If anyone knows pieces or brands that are at least somewhat fa and good for a hot, marine environment, please share.

As far as the style, I like the look of, for example, visvim and Watanabe. I don't know if there is anything like that suitable for my conditions. I can sew so DIY is an option.

Merino wool t-shirt of a lighter weight (150 or so). Shit dries faster than you will believe. Keeps you warm when it's chilly and keeps you cool when it's warm. Yes, really. I normally sweat like a pig at anything above 25°C when the sun's out, but I've hiked in 'em at 35°C full Mediterranean sun on long 5+ hour hikes and my shirt was slightly damp at best. Within an hour of stopping, I was dry. In a standard cotton shirt I'd have been sporting sweat stains for hours and feel soggy all the while.

That said, i'm not sure how salt water will affect the material in the long run. Shouldn't really matter too much.

Would this jacket be considered techwear?

Why should it be?
Ask yourself:
What is it made of and does it provide function?

Should I cop the J28-GT coming up? I heard it doesn't restock often, and if I don't like it I could always resell it. Also wanted to cop the ACG Alpine from last year but the super high neck seems kinda problematic, anyone own one of these?

because it has as many features as almost any other jacket?
depends how you use it

Techwear is the gayest shit there is

Prove me wrong

Why the fuck did I get booted from the discord?

>frog poster
opinion discarded

Me too wtf

no because it isn't black

Should get the ACG has more ninjavibes

i bet they kicked everyone who doesnt post regularly because of that one guy threatening to dox members in that other thread lol

Well fuck I liked to lurk the wayw threads even though I didn't post

>@waru_kami

Can't find this on anything in discord.

Lel that's an insta acc du

I've been inactive for months, I'm not kicked.

Gross

Go to the twg instagram to get added back in, i think its twg_01 or something

Just got these in a sale, thoughts?

Excessive

tacky

look up outlier shorts

Not a techfag but w2c?

Would anyone recommend me some winter boots?

Thanks. After googling for a bit, there a lot of options out there. I should be able to get something that looks good enough for casual wear and yet not so expensive that wearing in and around water would be silly.

Thanks, I've heard the name but never really looked into outlier closely. I see several pieces I like.

Today I did not at all think I would be getting wet, but ended up working on a floating camera platform where the camera itself is submerged and directed downward into the water. Was wet the rest of the day as my shoes and pants were not appropriate.

How do I into techwear when poorfag?

Personally, I really like them, but they are very loud. You will have to go full techninja in order to balance out the maximalist loudness of the shoes.

now THIS is what i call techwear
not that stupid ninja shit

The things people will do to wear a brand name

like your fucking meme usage

fuckin amazing. but ninja shit can be okay too if you match it right. and not hypebeasting 100%

Anyone have an idea what these shoes are? Or know of anything similar, for that matter? I like the shallow soles and simple design more than anything else about them

this

pic related is what I wear
>Timberland Earthkeepers Larchmont Chukkas
I don't live where it snows, but it rains a lot. these can withstand mud and shallow puddles

thrift

>This is techwear
You say that based solely off his aesthetic or at least that's what I perceive and not on the functionality.

2>1>3

>that zipper
pls tell me it fulfills a function

what even is this?

Sithcore? post-Muslimcore? shadowwave? monkninja?

Only to hold the shoe up
Other than it's really only for aesthetic.

I don't know. But that veil looks surprisingly good.

I agree
ACRNM has done it before - they call it a shemagh (basically like a keffiyeh that you always see Arabs wearing)
it's cashmere so very light/soft for a wool

So, basically someone took a really nice shawl and draped it over their head like a fucking table cloth.
Been there, done that. When i was five.

You could've been one hell of a designer, sucks. Where did all that creativity go?

visionary
avant-garde
pushing the culture forward

Honestly, i wish i knew.

I want to know how that look when he's not slouching.

2 is the worst, fuck nike's excessive branding.

Daily reminder that techwear is Asian-only. I hope there aren't any wh*tes ITT.

if you wrap it (even a bit) it'll sit on the head
it's a really thin/light scarf

look up keffiyeh - they sometimes wear this ring thing on their head to hold the scraf in place

Where can I buy knockoffs/otherwise bottom dollar versions of this shit

no it is all functional.

lmao potion seller pants!
these look so shit in every pic

I got it from H&M

Yes so useful and comfortable.
The arabs have huge ones in luxurious fabrics, so nice, feels like a hoody but softer, moving better with the head, and more comfortable in hot weather in addition to cold.

I believe Helly Hansen has stuff specifically designed for sailors.

Where can i get pants like these Golem curved ones?

what are those shoes?

the struggle between aesthetic and functionality is as old as techwear itself

It's okay to wear lesser grade materials to achieve the look you're pursuing. But it still has to be functional and the rest of the fit needs to make up for the article you replaced

/dbg/?

What is that bag? :-)
Thanks in advance.

cotton canvas round shoulder bag from Hobo

>thathobo.com/products/hb-bg2615/index.html

Please link me where I can buy any and all *techwear pants

w2c jacket?

>Gore-Tex exterior
>the inner jacket is removable and can be worn by it self

It's post-gothninja jihadcore

Same here senpai

Modem milspec.

there is no one-stop guide
pants are something (along with underwear/socks) on which there's not much specific focus in techwear

here's a few ideas
>cargo pants are quite common, though it's up to you to find a pair that's also aesthetic
>>same with pants from outdoor brands/stores that are geared to hiking, skiing, etc.
>some jeans qualify (Levi's Commuters) even though denim is rarely seen as /tech/ [imo it's proto-techwear]
>there's specialized running/track-pants (i.e. Adidas Tiro, Gyakusou pic related) and high-quality sweatpants out there
>Outlier's pants selection is neat, great if you want something neat/casual-but-professional
>yoga pants/tights have that sleek, futuristic (at least for me) vibe but contemporary fashion has put them in a weird spot

otherwise you'll have to dig to find pants made of intricate, technical fabric that's not utility >>> fashion

or you can wear drop-crotch cuffed black pants cause NINJAZ

> Cuffed black pants
> Cuffed

Pls no

dumb frog poster

w2c techwear gf

fellas, who copped from acronym yesterday?

Don't remind me.

Stop being wet

Those keys.... You're a god. Thank you for posting this.

I am inspired. My keys will ne'er jingle again!

learn to draft patterns and sew your own shit

>tfw no wdywt thread
jacket : stone island soft shell-r
pants : adidas EQT ADV pants
shoes : nike sock dart
backpack : eastpak pak-r

I think the trousers need more structure, other than that it's a good start

thank you
yeah they're not quite techwear trousers but they're the best i've got right now, plus they're super comfy and flowy which is nice

Isn't that for crewcut fat dudes that almost were cops? I'm not getting good results.

not bad at all

what's under the jacket?

just a basic cotton tee from marks and spencer

You know I had to do it them

Any suggestions for black/gray cargo trousers? Preferably in a synthetic material and a relaxed fit for lower legs to go with muh boots.