warosu.org/fa/thread/S12462348
warosu.org/fa/thread/S8513913
warosu.org/fa/thread/S7421417
warosu.org/fa/thread/S12692168
warosu.org/fa/thread/S12171817#12172731
warosu.org/fa/thread/S12752995
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lmao this board is r/streetwear now

What do you want to do with this thread?
Dump images? Talk about something?
Communicate. Explain.

Lets discuss some of the latest collections / what you guys think is high /fa atm

apron dress? thoughts?

the back better be open

i don't really like the fit on that dress lmao
but yeah open backs are mint

can we post expense / unique fabrication

fenty x puma ss 18

fit tho

cool use of the print, looks dope

>image dumps then complains

good contribution m8

what kind of fabrication reads as expensive for you guys?

>Givenchy's rep notes that the "cover seems to be embroidered''
>heavily references Tisci's Couture-directed decorative principles

99% of this board is high fashion!!??????

kys lmao

>ITT: post designer shit you want to discuss

I'm sort of torn between what I feel is tastefully gaudy in high fashion. I can get behind a lot of hedi-SLP and new gucci (ss16 onward), but stuff like balmain looks like trash to me. Maybe I just haven't been exposed to enough Balmain, but it from what I've seen, they seem to take inspiration from fast-fashion and then make it expensive/luxurious.

discuss the role of camp/irony in high fashion, and is it just pretentiousness or is it art?

thank you,

although there are no Balmain looks here I agree with you.

I don't think stuff on the runway is always ''literal'' so to speak. You can take away anecdotes (palettes, textures, form, shape, fabrics) from the pieces in a collection.

I'm trying to look at pieces and discuss vocal points of interest.

>i.e what makes this certain embroidery look so expensive?

Lots of collections are unwearable and more art than fashion. There are notions/aesthetics in those collections for you to judge yourself.

runways are supposed to be big and flashy and largely unwearable, IMO. They should showcase the designer's skill in draping fabric and creating interesting cuts/silhouettes. In fact, I like balmain runways more than I like their RTW collections.

>designer's skill in draping fabric and creating interesting cuts/silhouettes.

yep thats what i just said haha

ew at the boots lmao

I've always found runway pics to be like 99% ridiculous bullshit, I guess I'm just a peasant with no taste or understanding of high fashion.

wanna talk design or just gunna be 99% faggot?

My bad I misinterpreted you.

hot got more?

vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2017-menswear/gucci/slideshow/collection#6

This is a solid collection and very flashy, and a good throwback. Very wes anderson.

some really cool pieces there thanks for share

There has been debate whether fashion is an art or not.
A video as introduction: youtube.com/watch?v=weB-SQ-XP-c
Why would it be pretentious?

>deflecting
reddit is that way friendo

its funny cos streetwear has better taste than this board

dope

>high fashion
>Literally upper middle class tier fashion house catwalk pics
Disappointed, really.

I suppose it's not necessarily pretentious, just edgy. It seems like fashion houses will try to make runway collections featuring pieces that most people would consider ugly. There's a certain level of just doing it because they're a big fashion house and can just put out whatever and claim outsiders just don't understand fashion.

But when you look at runways as a collection of wearable art pieces that disappears.

I forgot what point I was trying to make.

>There's a certain level of just doing it because they're a big fashion house and can just put out whatever and claim outsiders just don't understand fashion.
nah
maybe try getting more in to actual runway fashion, this kinda shit basically doesn't happen
just read few coverage articles and any interviews of the designer and you will basically 'get' what's going on if it didn't open to you just naturally
I don't like to use the word or be condescending but that is just straight pleb thing to say, you don't understand the fashion, that's all there really is to it

I'm just starting to get into runways. I'll keep an open mind.

What part of that is PR?

Disgusting. Only reason this would ever survive is because of Rihanna and her hoe audience. Just like Beyoncé, they speak, the monkeys obey

I should elaborate.

Anja: You have worked in the fashion industry for over forty years and I know you’ve seen it change enormously. What was it that made you leave editorial fashion at Vogue Paris and start working with Yohji Yamamoto?

Irene: It’s true that I’ve seen the fashion world change a lot. I have been part of the shift away from creative freedom towards an industry much more dominated by financial power. Many fashion editors today are bought by big companies. You have the deals that go on, mostly rather openly, between advertisers and magazines, where an ad in a magazine will also buy the company a certain amount of editorial coverage for the brand. This is an open secret by now. But editors also make money by working as brand consultants, which means that they are not only paid by the publishing house that employs them but also directly by brands who then expect coverage in the magazine as well. I know that Condé Nast in America forbids these kinds of backroom dealings, but in Europe many editors still do it. Why is that allowed? To me the ethics of this is very questionable.
The question is: which publications regarding runway fashion are able to give a fair amount of objective criticism?

That said, check out the current Yohji thread and warosu.
There needs to be a guide or an introduction about this. I can fully understand if it is overwhelming.
warosu.org/fa/thread/S12462348
warosu.org/fa/thread/S8513913
warosu.org/fa/thread/S7421417
warosu.org/fa/thread/S12692168
warosu.org/fa/thread/S12171817#12172731

i actually like the dirt bike pants lmao

im op

its just chanel and marchaesa chill

I just got reminded of that first archived thread you linked. Kinda surprised me back then and I'm still confused, these people are ripping my damn sentences from ages ago

the /fa conspiracy?

Oh definitely. Claiming smartness points from big sentences they're making people think they wrote themselves. Well really it was just that one guy but ye there's some shady stuff here

Also OP or whoever is image dumping here this is pure shit three or four somewhat interesting images here tops, high end thread huh

What did you guys think about the new helmut lang? personally ive been waiting for it for a year or two now

Smartness points? No. The first time I copied you, the post with Allan Kausch, I agreed with you. I copied somebody else and myself too in that exact post. The second time I copied you, the post with Jean Cocteau, I realized I didn't know how to talk about those qualities you mentioned. Now? If people don't want to talk about runway with others, all that knowledge is useless. First and foremost, you need interest.

Post images you think are high fashion.

warosu.org/fa/thread/S12752995
The reactions were mostly negative.

yeah this is not a high end thread mb
forgive me guys

Most good designers disagree with it being art. The only people that continuously argue for fashion to be art are people on the sideline that want to legitimize their bullshit.

>implying art is even a coherent concept

ahh now I feel like the odd one out liking the collection hahha maybe its due to my love for hood by air

Why did you like the collection?