Winter is coming

oi guys....
i was going to buy some boots for this winter...
i like the timberland looks but they weight less than my socks
so then i decided that im actually old enough to wear some decent looking ones.
are the dr. martens the most trustfull ones ?
i don't mean the long boots but halfboots or whatever they're called
pic related

>winter is coming
>Boots thread

ps.: i know there are far better ones but im not going to spend a ridiculous price for them

bump

New Docs are made with synthetic leather by chinks with 8 fingers. Quality is awful nowadays. I'd go for solovairs if you like the style but want something that'd hold up better.

it's not for the style matterfact i kinda like the look
but i need good boots lol

I'm in the same boat. Went to a doc outlet near my house and they were fucking trash but I'm still looking for something simple that'll hold up alright

Find someone from your respective military and ask them where they get their boots from. In my case there was this navy guy who sold me some combat boots made for the fall/winter season, unused and really fucking reliable by the looks of it. They're fucking heavy tho

the only mil boots that are worth it are the parade boots with the steel plate over the toes and the heel plate

the sound of that heel plate is orgasmic

Just buy milsurp boots. European army boots from the 60s/70s are great quality and you can buy them quasi-mint for ~80-100€.

Every board and thread there is atleast one /pol/ person
Dude why the fuck do i need army boots for, that's ridiculous wtf

Could you elaborate on why you believe some black milsurp boots are so completely different to some black docs boots as to warrant that reaction?

What the heck, you alright there?
Milsurp is cheap and of great quality, especially that 60s/70s gear. Given that you've been considering Timbs and Doc Martens, showcasing that you really have no fucking idea when it comes to boots, and specifically said you wanted something cheap, you better appreciate my fucking advice.
Also, what you're looking for is "ankle boots".
Also, I'm not from /pol/.

Yeah dunno just a thought lol, allright then.
Actually i just grabbed my old leather boots out, gave them a good shine. I believe they should work during winter.

Is nobody interestedin winter gear in this board ? Haven't seen much relevant....
>In need for a nice parka coat too
Not these douchebag ones with fur on the hoody but nice authentic warm ones lol
Help me on this Veeky Forums !!
Give me some amazon links lol
Thx

In my experience milsurp boots are heavy and clunky as fuck. Not that great if you live in a city desu senpai

How about about a dyed British windproof smock with a Bundeswehr parka liner?
Or a waxed Belgian M64?

My 60s Bundeswehr and 70s Norwegian army boots tell a different story.

no camo pls. but i actually discovered a tag
>BW Parka
man they look nice, aviable in oversize and good reviews !
wondering how big size 64 is lol i should measure on my body and get +1 size i think
also they seem to be cheap !!

>also they seem to be cheap !!
Yes.. Yes.. So it begins...

>what did he mean by this ?

so what do you mean by that seriously lol

yeah im for decent prices and good quality...i don't care for brands though...

>i like the timberland looks but they weight less than my socks
What did he mean by this?
Timberlands are heavy as fuck
If you're going to get doc martens get a pair of MADE IN ENGLAND off of ebay. New chinese ones will break apart in a year

no joke....i was just in a timbi shop in the city...
every boot, especially ankle boot i was holding
was light as fuck

>Tfw you will never have raggedy crooked zipper boots
>Only 200 euro dollars

BUY SOLOVAIRS FSFSFKKOKDOSKODSDSADSSDFSDFSFSFS

WE DON'T NEED A ANOTHER DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS GUISE

Timberlands are glued together low quality shits.

They're just riding their branding and the hiphop trend. The quality is garbage and in no way acceptable for the price tag.

theyre pretty high quality as far as cemented construction boots go...they'll outlast a pair of welted Docs and easily a pair of dressier welted boots

What city? I'm guessing Brazil

Docs are heat sealed, and anyway the construction doesn't affect sole wear, it's that you can't replace the sole (this goes with docs too)

No need to size up for BW parkas btw, it's designed for your chest width plus a few layers of clothing

is solovair still better than the MiE docs? Or where is the difference

what's y'all guys think of these? Apparently they're sold by the company that produces them for norvegian army or some shit, I don't know, kind of like surplus but not even really surplus

AND ITS COLD

They're built to last but if you're a Caucasian and especially one who wears dark colours you will be called a Nazi.

the newest collection of timbis dude...
Austria....
i mean it's a Timbi Shop...not a random one with some timbis in it....only timbi brands !