Is he pulling this off? Why? Total style mismatching

Is he pulling off this look? Anywhere other than at a baseball game? or running errands in the city?

I think u can argue that this is an example of mis-matching. Yes the colors are all black, but the fact is, those are Chelsea boots, and that is a motorcycle jacket, and then that is a baseball hat.

if you pair just black Chelsea boots with a retro motorcycle jacket, i would say that is a total blunder and mismatch, yet is he pulling this off, because of the baseball hat?

Effectively, you are combining 3 separate identities into one, and it results in a subconsciously flawed appearance. It might look ok on the surface because its all black. But a closer examination reveals this mismatching.

Or does the color correctness, ie. all black, does it trump the total mismatching? Does correct color coordination trump awful style choices?

What if the hat was red? What if the chelsea boots, were burgundy, and the jacket was brown bomber.

Looks bad desu. It's just less noticable because it's all black

a thread died for this

>DUDE BLACK LMAO
>baseball cap
>poorly fitting motorcycle jacket out of couch leather
>untailored jeans

Yeah, but high quality threads aren't made on Veeky Forums anymore, so it's okay. Probably a sleazecore thread or a streetwear inspo thread desu.

so then we can say that correct color-blending can only lessen bad style choices. it cant completely override them. iow, correct color-blending can actually give someone the false impression that the style works. or is that a style in itself. not caring at all about the component styles, and just purely always only caring about perfect color-combining.

maybe its a challenge, fashionably speaking, to try and trump such obvious mis matches with the good color-matching card.

let me put it this way, if ALL the components WERE actually matched right in terms of style, BUT the color-combo was awful, wouldn't that be just as bad, as this other end of the spectrum

like say he had on a smart-looking sport jacket, except it was tan/red brown color, and the tshirt was red, and the jeans were dark blue. and he wasnt wearing the hat.

so you have correct style match, but the colors are complete mismatch

dark blue jeans with black boots, is a mismatch, and the red shirt with brown/tan jacket is even more clashing.

idk, i think u can argue that maybe one is better than the other. or, maybe they are just both bad. but one isnt quite as bad as the other.

Chelseas and motorcycle jacket is part of one style even if it's a recent/artificial one - Hedi era slp. However this guy is not pulling it off because
1. Baseball cap
2. Legs too thicc for the classic slp silhouette
3. Jeans not tailored to be tight all the way to the ankle, really ruins the sleekness of the Chelseas

i just learned this now, regarding using colors on your body, if you think of your body like a single unit, which it is, then its all one color, thus, if you dress completely, in all one single color, it is impossible for it to clash. because it is 1:1 ratio

it adds up. (naturally speaking and geometrically, it is complete, or a whole)
this is the simple equation, and if you stick to it, you cant fail from a color perspective, you will always have a ratio of at least 1:1, unless the clothes are exactly the same color as your skin.

now, proceeding, if you break your body up into 3 sections, upper half, legs, and feet;

you have 3 primary options, you can either change the color of:

a) only feet
b) only legs
c) only upper
this is the first level of complexity
(then it gets more complex from there, the more you change each component section, and then add slight layering to each section)

but it also matters which of those 3 you change (it affects the weighting of the equation, probalistically speaking), if you change only the:
a) feet, then this will have the lowest weighting, because it doesnt cover much surface area, but if you choose an extremely bright color, then this will increase its weight, so the brightness affects it as well as the shade

b) legs, this will create a new branch of probabilities again, more surface area, and a different impact vertically speaking, now you have like tops and bottoms, in a 1:1 ratio with your skin, but then the ratio is destroyed, and now you have a 1:2 ratio, but within the 2, the weighting is different

so its more like 1: 1(.4) + 1(1.6), the larger section will have a larger weight, and if you change it then it will mean you have to compensate even more to offset it, within the other sections now. depending on the color

does it take you several hours to piece together an outfit in the morning

heres another example, the motorcycle jacket is not only the wrong style, for chelsea boots, its also black, the jacket is completely mismatched. this shows how just because you think it looks stylish on its own, u cant just put things together like this, because on a base level, its stylistically incorrect. it's the refinement of the chelsea boot, mixing with the rebelious moto jacket. it's conflicting ideologically. and because of this, the end result is incongruous.

there's nothing mismatched there, its just a matter of tastes, some people will like some wont but there's nothing clashing other than maybe the hat

here is the all black again, in terms of colors, this is a win every time, no way to fail in terms of color, unless its just the completely wrong color for your skin

on the surface it looks like a win, and very stylish, ie. nothing looks bad about it. until you get closer, and see that it is chelsea boots vs motorcycle jacket, and then you see that is quite a fail. im not sayin that you cant mix these two different style choices, but in the end, there will just be something incongruent about the look, people might not be able to put their finger on it, and might even like th elook cause of the color, but the style mismatch, is distinct. it's like wearing a policeman outfit, but putting on firemans boots.

in fact if anything , i would suggest this reveals some internal aspect of the person, they are not congruous, as in, they do not have aligned psyche. they are choosing clothes based on the part, and then putting it together as a sum, but the sum does not add up. and because of this, at some base level, the look will be perceived as incompatible.

YOU CANT PULL OFF A MOTO JACKET
ALL OF YOUR INSPO PICS ARE OF MODELS TAKEN IN PERFECT LIGHTNING AND FIT

YOU WILL LOOK RIDICULUS FAGGOT

looks like he does

look at this, look at how small the leather bomber is. it looks like it could fit a child, but i would say he is pulling this off. at least its better too small than too big, you dont want it to be "relaxed" or loose fitting.

what boots should one wear with a motorcycle jacket?

whatever you want to. which are correct to wear? motorcycle boots obviously. but people dont like being correct, and they dont like to actually think about the whole as it contrasts to the individual parts. at the end of the day, you are still "doing" something, in your life, you aren't just standing there like a model, with no actual purpose. so if you go to a party in the city, and you wear your chelsea boots, with your moto jacket, then fine...but do you ride a bike? yes? then why are you wearing chelsea boots. dont own a bike? then why are you wearing a moto jacket?

lets face it, if it isnt really about that, then what is it about? playing dressup? is every day halloween? if it is then what do wear on Halloween? is this what all these people think theyre doing? playing "dressup"? ok fine. but that isn't Fashion sense. that's going to a buffet, and filling your plate with a bunch of different foods that you like. and then fooling yourself into thinking it tastes right. you eat your ice cream and your green beans at once on the same plate, fine. because it's "dressup" day.

i am just responding to the posts here that seem to think chelsea boots are such a clash with a motorcycle jacket, they look like they go quite well together to me

lol, i guess maybe that is why every day is in fact NOT halloween... because you can choose a different part of each costume and mix it all together. whereas on halloween, you wear everything "correctly"....like a Pirate, or a Police Officer. where is the "Police" fashion btw. how come there isn't Police style jackets and pants, why arent they popular. i guess its not "rebellious enough". but even if we like to mix and match drastically different components, then it should be tasteful still....like why does it have to be "motorcycle" "style"....there are like a thousand different daily activities you could tailor a leather to, like a window cleaner, you would have long narrow pockets for holding your squeegee. thats a vocation, not a "hobby" like motorcycling is, but ... you could have a more of a golf style leather jacket, or a yachting style leather jacket. why are all "naval" style jackets other material than leather.

You're trying to boil fashion down into a number crunching formula. You're a spastic who can't deal with the fact that fashion isn't tied to any rigid lines or rules and its melting your autistic head.

Theres a reason these people are dressed like they are, because they have well fitted clothes that they feel confident in. Thats the whole point of it. Not to be scrutinised by some faggot on Veeky Forums who can't hack that a colour code hasn't been strictly adherred too and must cry out that they can't be fashionable compared to their own by the numbers fashion sense.

Its all entirely subjective. Some people label rap music as total shit and can't get on with it. Some people love it.

Drop the Autism and just do you.

holy fucking shit OP this is some next level autism

you have good points. fashion is more than just randomness imo. and whatever you settle on wearing, will collapse your entire aura into a specific mold that you cant escape. if that mold is contradictory then it makes you a walking contradiction. and mitigates your ability to do anything with any conviction.

This is a quality fit for Los Angeles, family.

> the red shirt with brown/tan jacket is even more clashing.

idk, i think u can argue that maybe one is better than the other. or, maybe they are just both bad. but one isnt quite as bad as the other.

Didnt mean to copy the bottom ungreened text my b

face it, when you're in the top 5% of good looking people in the world you can literally wear whatever the fuck you want.

Baseball cap ruins the fit. As such pulling it off becomes irrelevant because it's a shitty fit with the hat. If he just took it off everything would be fine.

This works. He looks like a victim but it works. The jacket and hat make the fit a bit too top heavy but it works. There's room for improvement but ultimately... it works.

This is objectively bad. Leather jacket + backpack will always kill a fit. Only time it could work is if the guy is insanely good looking and he's carrying the backpack over the shoulder with one strap. Otherwise it will always make someone look like a dweeb no exception. This guys thighs are too big for those jeans. If the jeans were less skinny and more straight leg and he lost the backpack then I'd say this fit works. As it is now it's only got a few flaws but they're hurting it pretty bad.

This only works because he's insanely good looking and has one hand in his pocket and is walking. He has every advantage possible to counteract the fact that the jacket is way too short everywhere. Put it on any other guy with the same proportions and it will look awkward.

I think most of your assessments OP are going after the wrong things.