Is Uniqlo still good? I haven't seen any nice collections from them in a while

Is Uniqlo still good? I haven't seen any nice collections from them in a while.

no, their supima tees get thinner every season

Why isn't that once a chain reaches America, all they do is focus on cost cutting and screwing over consumers?

it's one of the highest quality options available given the price but, you're still better off buying higher quality goods that will last longer.

was actually just looking at their upcoming scarves. Which would you get? thinking about the german colored one

the only thing i really like are their pants

i bought a bunch of t shirts when they were on sale and they're okay, especially for that price, but you can get much better (also the cut is kinda weird)

i remember i bought some clearance sweaters once from them like 3 or 4 years ago and it was ridiculous how thin they were - like one ply napkins, literally sheer

realizing i forgot to include an image. hoping their of good quality

I hate the 33 inch inseam they insist on. Maybe if I lived near one for the free tailoring I'd be ok with it

Is the quality different in Japan? I've been buying locally at Uniqlo in Japan, and it seems fine to me. I don't have any experience with their tees though.

last thing i got from there was a pair of pants from the lemaire collab years ago. uniqlo gets worse year after year

the quality and collaborations have gone to shit

>hey guys, are there any cheaper alternatives to [x]?

Because that's the American way

what's a tier above uniqlo?

don't forget to look at their photoshoots, turns out those scarves are rather long
Haven't decided which I want to pick up

Its more like appealing to a wider customer base. Take the oxford shirts. They use to have a slim fit line and user slim fit line. They phased out the regular size 2 years ago and have since made each iteration of the slim fit not as slim. Since slim is in they want to appeal to the greatest demographic at the cost of fit for us skellies.

I'm a skinnyfat guy and their "slim" doesn't seem to preclude me wearing it at all. Actually I tell a lie: sometimes the slim pants are too tight around my legs.

i feel like their sizing is off these days

Their UT collections used to be cool
Now it's all fucking disney shit

most of u may be unaware but a J W Anderson is collaborating with UNIQLO.

soon they'll be offering alterations for online orders.

the quality isn't different, but the fit is. i personally fit Japanese mediums much better than American smalls.

the push into the us and the new hq, coupled with mediocre sales has really put a hit on them. expect them to recover slightly in the next few years. they're making smarter us expansion decisions and have finished the move. also they cut their sales goals to better focus.

between toray, the denim lab in la and the uniqlo u studio in paris, there is a lot going in in materials research. the quality of the new uniqlo u collection is supposedly pretty high.

this year alone has ines de la fressange [with a mens collection], JW Anderson, and Uniqlo U [Lemaire].

I buy socks and underwear from them.

And occasionally slim jeans if they're a good wash.

are the torso lengths on uniqlo extra short? what gives?

MUJI > uniqlo for basics

I wish they released again those evangelion designs

desu their oversized t shirts are really nice, i remove the pockets by myself- nice heavy material with a boxy kind of fit

its pretty garbage

How do fits compare?

MUJI is still designing for japanese frames so everything is a bit slim and tight. I go large US and large MUJI but that's just because for the styles they put out I like the tight look. Most people would want to size up.

Thanks!

Just copped the blue one. Will report back when I pick it up.

No problem friend. I also highly recommend pretty much everything they sell with the only exception being their cotton swabs. Their home goods are super nice, especially for the price. They also pay a lot of attention to their waste through their minimal packaging and production techniques apparently which I'm a big fan of.

Yeah I was looking around the site
good shit, I'm glad to have heard of it now

>i bought a bunch of t shirts when they were on sale and they're okay, especially for that price, but you can get much better (also the cut is kinda weird)

what would be a better alternative?

None of the JW anderson look book pics have the black cotton pants, wtf

Is there a quick way to find out the dates of drops? I'm wondering when the next UU release will be in Australia.

c/n ?

>this year alone has ines de la fressange [with a mens collection], JW Anderson, and Uniqlo U [Lemaire].
user was specifically talking about the graphic t-shirts. They used to have some really unique ones and now it's all Disney/Star Wars garbage nobody buys.

October 12th

I miss the Moomin tees

Cheers m8.

If it looks good on you, cop it, I reckon. I haven't got my flannel game down yet. I mean I can't quite tell if it'll work on me until I try it on.

Sizes are a lot different
I have 2 pairs of their selvedge jeans from Japan and 2 from the Australian store - the rise on the Japanese ones are so low that I have to make the choice between showing off my asshole or crushing my balls

It's pretty boring compared to the other collabs. Then again JW Anderson is pretty boring.

AUstralian uniqlo is oversized though.
The skinny stretch is still loose on me

because scaling to big markets while maintaining quality is idealistic

alfred?

its pretty boring but those pinstripe pants seem like essential guerrilla militant/terrorist core

GU > Muji > Uniqlo

I shopped Uniqlo's flagship in HK and honestly there isn't that much that's impressive. GU has nicer basics and similar price.

Muji I love some but they are more pricy and not better than GU.

GU is killing it right now.

GU doesn't have an identity though.