Was there ever a worse period in the history of mankind than the 30 years war?

was there ever a worse period in the history of mankind than the 30 years war?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tkBXrenRhPQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_casualties_in_World_War_II
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Thirty Years War has a lot in common with the recent Second Congo War which claimed 5,000,000 lives.

>equivalent deaths today

Meaning? How many deaths there would need to be nowadays to mirror how much of the proportion of the population died?

Meaning that if you kill a million people when the total population of the world is 100 million that will have a much bigger impact than if the world population is 7 billion.

This is why every war happening before for instance the 18th century are by definition much more devastating, as there were much fewer people around to kill

youtube.com/watch?v=tkBXrenRhPQ
obligatory sabaton

First world war.

Alrighty! Thanks a bunch for the indepth explanation!

From whenever you were born to now.

Holocaust.

You had a typo, let me correct that for ya, holohoax*

Second 30 Years War?
(1914-1945)

You must be memeing

Shut up jew

>Europe
>mankind

I hate this fucking world, too many god damn fuckers in it.
Too many thoughts and different societies all wrapped up together in this fucking place called AMERICA.
Everyone has their own god damn opinion on every god damn thing,
and you may be saying 'Well what makes you so different?'.
Because I have something only me and V have; SELF AWARENESS.
Call it exortenstiolism or whatever the fuck you want.
We know what we are to this world, and what everyone else is.
We learn more than what caused the civil war and how to simplify quadratics in school.
We've been watching you people and we know what you think and how you act.
All talk and no action.
People who are said to be brave or courageous are usually just STUPID,
then they say later that they did it on purpose cause they're brave,
when they did it on fucking accident.
God everything is so corrupt and so filled with opinions and points of view,
and peoples own little agendas and schedules.
This isn't a world any more.
It's H.O.E and no one knows it.
Self awareness is a wonderful thing.

i'm sure i heard somewhere that the british civil war had a higher death toll than both world wars when looked at proportionately

...that's exactly what he asked. Saying yes would have sufficed

Did it ever occur to you that maybe if there were more people they wouldn't be able tog get away with what they did? Are you seriously trying to imply that image is informative?

Fuck this board is retarded, can't even identify useful information.

O

Y

The 30.125 years war was measurably .125 worse

I think it says a lot that those are (mostly) either world-wide events or events that happened on gigantic countries and regions. The 30 years war involved a lot of countries but was mostly fought exclusively in Germany/the HRE. Yet here it is, between the massacres in the vast countries of china and russia.

>Taiping revolution (Christian ISIS basically) having proportionally killed more people than WWI and Stalin together.

Oh weh ....

>The Thirty Years War has a lot in common with the recent Second Congo War which claimed 5,000,000 lives.

Just to put that in perspective.

>Alan McFarlane, The Savage Wars of Peace: England, Japan and the Malthusian Trap (2003): Population of Germany went from 21M to13.5M. [a loss of 7.5M]

> In 2005 the German government Suchdienste (Search Service) put the total combined German military and civilian war dead at 7,375,800, including persons of German ancestry who lived outside of the borders of Germany and Austria.[14]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_casualties_in_World_War_II

>Christian ISIS
>full of heretics
pick one

b4 you say something embarrassing, their leader declared himself the unequivocal brother of Christ in a non-spiritual way.

Any good reads for someone interested in learning about the Thirty Years War?

The Thirty Years War.

By Geoffrey Parker.

And yet a lot western Christians/ Churches backed them until they began to lose.

(As well with how many non Lutheran denominations there are by now out there, being a christian today IS being a heretic, usually.)

Pure autism at work here.

Manchu lies. Besides, every time they met with real Christian missionaries they were eager to listen and stopped doing weird stuff and became normal Christians. Until the Eternal Anglo gunned their delegations down in front of Shanghai's walls because the British consul was taking Manchu bribes.

Im currently reading Europe's Tragedy

Its over 1k pages and although I have hardly any background on the subject seems quite comprehensive. Gives a full overview of everything from the economic circumstances to the military tactics of each of the major players.

Your small dick is showing.

Is that the one in 1650s? Wiki says it only had

KHAN'D

/pol/ is waiting

>800 fucking millions

How did he do it ?

The period following Adolf Hitlers suicide.

stop memeing

>tfw I life safely in the 21st century instead of Brandenburg during the 30 years war

dodged a bullet there

fuck off back to /pol/

who let you out of /pol/?

kek