Boots

General boots inspo.
GO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Glcg95L4JK4
drmartens.com/uk/p/16625600
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=Glcg95L4JK4

Never owned a pair of boots before. Wondering if this pair of Docs is the way to go. Open to other suggestions

Literally just bought this exact pair. They have a slim profile, are comfy and made of good material. Would recommend if you're trying to avoid the whole clunky boot look

Awesome, thanks! How was the fit? Should I get my normal size or one down?

>docs
>slim
Pick one

Shit leather for a shit price

heard memeboots are shit for snow/bad weather. are the memes really that bad?

>shit leather

Can confirm. I've had mine for a few years, but just noticed today that there's a growing tear where the toe of the boot has creased. It hasn't ripped open quite yet, but it's super frustrating to know they won't last.

Thoughts on these?

nah, they're fine. Just waterproof them with dat waterproofing spray

i guess i should have been more specific. how are the soles? i've read that people slip all the time because of shit grip or something

I need some affordable boots that have a "slim" outline sort of like hi top chucks

w2c?

how 2 avoid tears on leather boots? Mine crease really deeply in the instep where the shoe bends when i walk, I don't want it to eventually tear

Never owned a pair of boots before, thinking of getting these. Am I retarded or not?

Depends on the boot I suppose. I have Docs and they've been excellent in winter conditions, never slipped on snow or ice or anything.

copped about a month ago, feel great, squeak a lot on linoleum tho lol

w2c? Looking for something similar

sneaker boots

id? looks great

dayton service boots

damn, im too poor to browse boot threads.

I wanted these a long time and felt the same way

but pro tip, dayton rarely (never?) does sales on their website to the public. However, I subscribed to their newsletter and got a crazy good like 30% off coupon one day for their anniversary, i think it was in august. I think they might do a holiday one too.

Eh, if only that were enough... think i'll just have to pick up some chippewas and forget about it for now.

grailed or ebay, carpe diem hasn't existed in a long time

Is Paraboot a good brand?

I'd on these?

Yeah, i believe they are handsewn, which in itself is a sign of quality

Pls help, I just want some nice slim boots and my question never gets answered

Is there any way to make these boots look even more red? I hate this puke cherry red but I love the design.

WHERE TO COP. Those look so good.

How can I style black 6" Timbs in winter?

use cherry red polish and wear them in

These are sick, thinking of coping em bitches

Veeky Forumsbrisbane core? Why are manlet twinks so obsessed with black boots I'll never understand

These are probably a bitch to lace am I right ?

why do you say that, some sneakers have more eyelets than that

Which boots do I buy?

I want some DMs or similar and black I think. I'm incredibly unsure but I was deciding between left or right.

Left are Les Boanil Brush Merlot MiE which are normally £200 but I have for £115

Right are 101 BR monos which are also £115 but made in China

I like the colour of the merlot monkey boot but honestly don't like how it looks like a sneaker. Half of the reason why I got them was because they were made in England for so cheap.

What would you do?

worry more about the type of leather than where theyre made - the pair on the right are made in their 'smooth' leather, right? if so just avoid at all costs. They do make some models in asia with full grain leather though that are good but generally a bit pricier

Thanks for the advice, why is smooth bad? And would you recommend anything else for the price range?

The left is below, I'm pretty new to leather, what type is this? drmartens.com/uk/p/16625600

Is it a bad idea to buy them just because they're half price?

>>where do you bought it?

Why can't you guys get actually nice boots instead of the /pol/-tier edgelord stolen valor combat boots?

No, the eyelets are really loose, they're designed to be tightened quickly but thoroughly, and they have speed hooks. If you're not going hiking you can definitely get away with a quick tug to tighten everything below the speed hooks

>buying impractical dress boots that are based on pre-1950 combat boots anyways
There's a time and place for any high quality boot user. The real question you should be asking is why do newfags keep asking about docs instead of lurking moar

That said,
"Smooth leather" generally means shitty leather with lots of visual imperfections that has been sanded down and then coated with plastics to make it look like it's the top of the leather. The plastic part will fall apart and look like shit far before the leather itself does

Are there any effay brown work boots?

They don't need to be completely indestructible, just comfortable and fairly durable.

what are those

Solovairs ffs we recommend this to literally every Air Wave-poster

Is there a huge difference between martens and solovairs?

I wanna buy these but im scared they will squeak and make alot of noise.do they?

just ordered a pair of these. I hope you aren't memeing me, anons.

YES YOU SIMPLETON

haven't got them yet, but if the thread is still up when I do, I'll let you know.

DO. NOT. FUCKING. COP. it's low quality chinkshit why don't you listen? I'm trying to help you guys out!

Should I buy the shiny or not shiny solovair? 8 or 6 eye?

Are you guys really shilling solovairs this hard? Holy fuck

WHAT BOOT DO I BUY?

I REALLY WANT TO BUY CHEAP 1460s or 1460 MONOS CHINESE MADE BECAUSE IM A POOR STUDENT

ARE THEY THAT BAD?

Are you guys really shilling doc martens this hard? Holy fuck

No, they are about the same quality and they're both similarly priced, buy solovairs if you want to be a contrarian.

How much do they pay you over at solovairs?

FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKER YOU ARE SUPPORTING JEWS GLOBALISM OVERPRICED CHINKSHIT SOLOVAIRS FOR TRUE BOOTSBOYS MADE IN ENGLAND THE HOT CRUNCH FRIES AND ICE COLD COCA COLA WE'RE RULED BY THOSE WHO LIE

I'm not very good at fashion. I just bought these boots because I thought they looked cool. Do they? What pants do I wear them with? I thought tapered black corduroy pants tucked into the boots would look good.

planning to cop some new boots for the winter. anyone got experience with these? comfort, sizing etc.

Red Wing Heritage
Wolverine Heritage
Chippewa
Thorogood
Alden

Thanks a lot, it's my first pair of boots in this style. I liked solovair but for £160 I don't think I can justify it as a poor student. Probably just gonna get Chinese docs for £110-ish. Other military boots are just too over the top for me.

Do you think the difference is that great or is it an elitist thing? Seems like everyone says that the Chinese ones are just complete shit and will fall to pieces after 6 months.

I do think Chinese ones are more comfortable than any solovair or MiE pair I've tried.

YOU STUPID SON OF A BITCH THEY'RE "UNCOMFORTABLE" BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO BREAK-IN THEY MOLD PERFECTLY TO YOUR FOOT OVER TIME WITH WEAR DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND STOP BUYING POVERTY TIER SHIT THAT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED IN 1 MONTH IT'S LESS EXPENSIVE IN THE LONG RUN TO BUY HIGH QUALITY GOODS I JUST HATE YOU SO MUCH

how long will solovairs last if I wear them very often though

Got it off amazon, had a gift card. So will return if it's as bad as you say user.

This, also how is the sizing if I'm a 10 1/2? Do I size up or down?

w2c!!!

good boots for size 15? bigfoot wanna look good

>being this buttblasted over someone else's foot gloves on a Malaysian top spinning forum

snoots

fucking forever lad
solovair makes top shit

pennywiseXrickowens just dropped you should look into that

Tbh i kinda like them, i usually hate workwear boots. Don't tuck into them tho

Reccomendations on ankle boots without pull tabs? Sort of like MMM or Jill Sander, I just want more options.

>more comfortable
You idiot. It's shit plastic-coated leather, of course it's gonna break in a lot easier than actual decent leather.

Maison

bump

lets be real here, if he's just trying this style by the looks of it and unsure/poor then there's nothing wrong with spending less, you can still get a couple of years out of the Chinese docs even if it's not the best investment over time. Veeky Forums gets worse and more muh sekrit club every day lmao.

so fucking good

also guidifag reporting in

dr martens are for homosexuals and liberals

I have a pair of black roper boots very similar to those and they get me way more compliments than any of my other shoes. I usually wear them black tapered trousers.

I took the weird frilly thing out though. Looks way better without.

What are they? ID?

i don't know what it is but i always look weird in boots

i'm a 6 ft skelly, they always look off and out of place.

i love boots though

it's probably your pants
if you're too skinny you don't want to slim down even more by wearing tight pants

are the LES on sale or something?

Yeah if you remove that frill thing on top somehow, they could be really really nice boots

Any good suggestions for boots for grills? I like the look and comfort level of Campers and Vagabond and have a couple of pairs, but would dig something soft and round toed like that with just a tad more heel. Not a lot, just a couple of inches.

so if i want the docs look i should go with solovair but how do they compare in quality talking about the uk made docs.

UK Docs>Solo>China/Vietnam Docs

The leather on UK Docs is really thick and takes time to break in but they last and are usually well stitched.

uk docs are rebranded solovair

is there a very big difference btween solo and the uk docs ?

anyone here have story et fall 560?

kapital
visvim

boot noob here with some tard questions

1) Is Doc Martens Wonder Balsam a good product? If not, what should I use that's in a similar price range per unit?
2) How do I know when I should condition my leather?
3) How do you keep a shine for a long period of time? After a few days mine get all greasy, marked up, and I can see beneath the polish again.