Why don't you guys like classic Americana anymore?

Why don't you guys like classic Americana anymore?

Too many 'babies first attempt at fashion' people here that think whatever is in Topshop is fashion.

Because Americana is fucking retarded. Americana pulls the worst aspects of the 50s America.

it's gay, but not the good kind

>Implying America has culture

Veeky Forums is now populated with mostly ugly late teens who overcompensate their lack of natural looks with a vain attempt at being avant garde. Classic americana only looks good on handsome men.

I'm still about it. All the workwear stuff I got a few years ago is now hitting that glorious worn in stage that I was after in the first place.

I love you railcar guy, I save all your pics I see posted

PS - who does your sashiko repairs?

They do but it has to be ironic Americana and have a visvim tag

These are some fade goals

that fucking designer japshit has no authenticity neither does "RRL"

Aw shucks. I do all the repairs myself. It's taken a while and a lot of fuckups, but I've gotten semi-competent at mending jeans.

Authenticity is great and all, but I would kill for some of Kapital's boro pieces.

Posting more pictures of pants. May as well turn this into a fade thread.

kek I remember I used to come here in 08/09 and mire siqq fades on raws

those demin patches look really bad.

You must have done so much with your life in those 8 years. Please tell us all how to dress now , please.

wabi-sabi bruuuh

Will?

Where did you look to start learning? Or did you just have at it and practice? I finally blew out the pockets on two pairs of pants and I want to throw some patterned fabric in there when I fix them.

cultural marxism ladies and gentlemen

Look at this retard and laugh at him.

Probably because it isn't something you can have a fandom of for long. Americana only works right in moderation and that's never been a strongsuit of Veeky Forums as a whole.

Which seems counterintuitive considering you can also see the most reasonable people here, but you can't do that while memeing, really, and that's what people come here to do.

There are some tutorial videos online, but the best way to get gud is just to practice.

You can get sashiko needles, embroidery thread and fabric from any number of etsy stores.

I'd recommend practicing extensively on something you don't care about before you try it for real. Pic related, this was my first real attempt and it turned out sloppy as fuck.

prove it.

Breedlove?

Well fuck. Who do I know that can identify me by my pants and lurks on Veeky Forums?

I like it but for several reasons I can't wear it.
I still it looks good tho

perfect

Because America isn't like fucking 99% white people now. Get on with the times, gramps

Looks proper piss-soaked mate

>yeah the denim is vastly superior to American denim and has a deep culture overseas but muh American made authenticity
Agreed and upvoted! Do you have any small batch IPAs you can recommend me, fellow Redditor?

>waiting a few years for your clothes to look how you want

*BAMP* Sorry! But Reddit praises weebshit trash while simultaneously shitting on anything American made/Cone Mills. Newsflash: Japs and Eurotrash are big on the American made brands, only tasteless Amerilards buy up the weebtrash! You're not a denim boy, you don't know! I AM A REAL 4CHANARIAN AND YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO YOUR OBLIGATORY BOOGEYMAN FORUM!!!

found the poorfag who hasn't been able to travel out of america to get any perspective and realize the culture all around him

RRL has some of the best denim out there. You're just retarded as fuck.

I legitimately can't tell if I agree or disagree with what you're trying to say here so I'm just going to pick the other user's side because you seem like a faggot.

DAY BOW BOW OHHHHHHHYEAH THE MOON chik-chika

I still often dress like this, since around 2009, mixed with military influences of the early-mid 20th century. To me, Americana is about inspiration from the late 19th through mid-20th centuries, especially with denim, khaki, and work boots in mind. It's meant to be about incorporating older examples of workwear clothing to current living, whether actually working or just leisure, but not just the 1950s and the rocker stuff; that's at the tail end of Americana, and then British and other foreign influences overtake it in the 1960s (mod, hippie, peacock fashions, etc).

This look is huge with non-White, non-Euro-American demographics, as well. It's big in Japan, especially.

I'm not entirely sure Veeky Forums ever liked americana/workwear

This is a mischaracterization. Jeans look great new and old. The point is to not fuss much about fades, repairs, etc.