Is Goth Effay?

How can I adopt a gothic aethetic as a male without anything really extreme. Just wear all black?

don't

Why not : (

Buy gothic lolita stuff and be really, really cute.

If I were a girl definitely. There was this chick I'd see walking around Uni with white white skin and black lipstip and would alway wear an all black lolita dress and wear a cape. Shoulda nutted up and talked to her

yea, but you have to accept the fact that you're going to stand out to normies if you commit to the aesthetic. wearing all black is tough, especially if you live in non-Veeky Forums area, because there's a fine line between looking fashionable and looking autistic. although you probably shouldn't care what ppl think in the first place, right?

Yeah, that's what I'm sort of inquiring about. I'm alright with standing out... a *bit* but how can i make sure i don't come off as autistic as you said

like... no lipstick or nail paint or shit like that. Might be willing to dye my hair black (it's dark brown)

You don't have to be a girl to look like a cute girl.

Sorry to break it to you but it's going to look autistic regardless of what you do. Try to find a proper style instead, look into avant-garde fashion, then you can look autistic in high-quality clothes and garner compliments from sophisticated autists like me.

you could start out by wearing more elegant stuff that's black/dark grey (coat, mockneck sweater, chelsea boots) whilst remaining a relatively slim silhouette.
Put on some accessoires like a nice looking ring and a necklace (avoid the christmas tree look) and you're good to go. A little basic but still tasteful and not really extreme or tryhard.

Whatever you do don't wear cardigans

^this

Ask /cgl/ for more info on getting started and what brands to buy or avoid.

There are a couple different styles to try and not everything works for every goth. Deathrock, cybergoth, gothabilly, rivethead, vampire. It's really just taking a sillouette and dying much of it black and high contrast. Try going to a goth night at a club and seeing if anyone has an outfit that works and figure out what would work for you given face shape body type.

this is a good idea, thanks

also a great idea, taking notes

got sauce on that manga?

Goth lolita like that is a bit much, even if you're as cute as that girl

Because you're probably no where near as cute as the girl in OP

What's with all the goth threads recently.

It's almost Halloween

Goth is for life, not just for Halloween.

Slim-fit black trouser and a black dress shirt is a pretty much the closes to "goth" attire that a man can get away with these days without it being cringey.

There's really no way to pull off late-90s to early-2000s style goth clothing as a man. Stuff like leather and lace will just make you look like a cosplayer or a fag now.

>I can wear anything as long as it's black right
>posts a photo of a girl wearing an outfit that probably cost $300+ to put together

Sorry should have used a different OP pic

the point of the post was to find what I could wear as a guy to have a pretty standard "dark/goth" look without looking too tism

how are we supposed to know what you want to wear? post a pic that you like of a guy in goth, then maybe we can help you. so far you've posted a girl in full loli and said that you don't want to look autistic. that does not help us

yeah good point lel

after looking through a bunch of google images, this is pretty much as far as i would go with the look, I don't really know about the jacket though. Definitely going to cop some black boots.

tfw no kuroneko gf

the messiah of mainstream goth

Be Nu-Goth

- Minimalistic
- Skinny
- tasteful tattoos

Unironically look for a group of people you can interact with who fit the aesthetic and ask them for tips. If you want to be "goth" you should be part of the subculture. Look for concerts and stuff in your area.

>Are you a Japanese girl?
No?
>Are you a Chinese or Korean girl?
No?
>Are you a Thai "girl?"
No?
>Are you rich enough to afford tons of Yohji, RO, and other Darklands Berlin brands?
No?

Then no.

>You don't have to be a girl to look like a cute girl.
I thank God every day I'm alive that I live in the year 2017 and that Thailand exists

Also would like sauce

>leather and lace will just make you look like a cosplayer or a fag now
Like renfaire nerd escaped.
But, I think some milspo can be used in black masculine outfits like pic related

I'd worry that black milsurp risks looking like Antifa these days.

you're an idiot

>never will bang a goth qt because you're black and can't pull off a real good goth aesthetic
Life is pain

dyed hair is more autistic than painted nails

>implying black guys can't be goth
Just go for dat voodoo look, nigga.

Too bad you're not a black goth girl cause I've seen some excellent goth aesthetic from black goth girls.

uzi is the new goth Veeky Forumsm

Dress like Morpheus or that guy from Underworld and bang cyber chicks.

Stick to your own, nothing personal.

i can never get over how his face is so fucking dark compared to his chest

Fuckin' hell that's a good fit.

Stick to your containment board, nothing personal.

dress like lil uzi

Both my posts, you're a secret Nazi now

Lmao this is basically how I dressed at uni today

>how do I get compliments for being different but not get any negative feedback?

>Kid Congo Powers (not black but a brown guy)
>Barry Adamson
And even though he wasn't goth in the slightest you can take inspo from Prince.

he said tasteful tattoos

not possible. if you have confidence in your wardrobe though it doesn't matter

if you really think that's a good fit then fuckin' hell you're unfashionable and should probably stop browsing this board

those dresses aren't that much senpai.

who's he? he's cute

Unironically go for lowkey avantgarde

DRKSHDW, secondhand silent, etc

Basic & plain pieces from the early collections that have this "everyday goth" sort of vibe

I've been feeling a lot better about myself ever since I've started dressing goth

I thought it was good. Post a better goth fit.

Nice

w2c everything

wtf is up with this thread?
It asks a question about gothloli and is full of pic of faggots

>tfw no 90s goth thot gf

it's me, i found the manga title, it's called prunus girl

I'm still trying to find the op for the image, it's in a few albums. So far I know that the jacket is a bundeswehr flecktarn parka dyed black with dylon machine dye.

Male goth here.
What do you consider extreme?

>leather and lace
you're right, but you can go neo-victorian gothic without thse

>implying there are no goth black girls
kys, nothing personal

I'm following this black casual goth guy on Tumblr. Not gonna post pics, but basically, you can do it as long as you're skinny, have big hair and can rock some sort of androgyny facially.
You're black, so you can actually fuck around with some dramatic eyeliner, eye shadow, etc and actually look cool/avant garde and not "faggy".

>Not gonna post pics
Not him, but why? I'd like some inspo.

Couldn't find his blog when I made that post, but I just did so I'll start posting some favorites

Why do goth girls love soundcloud rappers so much?

>Marilyn Mansnig and Spooky Gibs
>Slipnog
>Cradle of Shiiiieeeeet
>Menthol Before Christmas
>Edward Niggerhands
>Nick Kangz and the Bad Weaves
>Siouxsie and the Grapedrankz

>But nobody laughed.

Does his gf have an instagram? She seems more interesting

How does everyone feel that rap is having a kind of goth phase? I like it. Both for rap because it shows the genre is maturing and for the goth scene because it's showing more inclusion.

No

Care to go into more detail?

gf gave me pic related, but I've never worn it anywhere. Is it possible to wear this without looking cringey af?

I'd unironically have a lot of respect for someone if I saw them wearing that around in public and genuinely trying to make it look good.

Because they're not actually goth, they're just instathots being edgy.
Being edgy =/= a goth phase. Modern rap hasn't nothing of the goth sound.

Come on user,

you know the answer to this question already.

who's the girl?