/DIY/

Do it yourself/ re-purposing general
medieval edition

Anything about making your own clothes, customizing and/or tailoring goes here. Talk about your projects. Ask Questions. Share information. Help each other out.

PASTEBIN:
pastebin.com/hnXtzTk7
(if you think the pastebin lacks any information, just ask)
Japanese magazines, just in case you need them
pastebin.com/Q2iDYiAM

last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

michelaubry.fr/galeriemeyer.html
alexandrahopf.com/_Maison_Tatlin
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Made this tunic that I'm wearing under the jacket

How tall are you ?

Saved for inspo

Moar pics pls I can't see shit

>how tall

Lmao not at all. Slightly over 5 "9 but not enough to claim 5 "10. Glad you like it!

Anyone got tips on punk vests?

What's the best way to make a pattern for a shirt if I don't have a model?

Are you the guy from earlier that's 140 lbs. He was the same height but seemed to look talllish

Nah lol 165 but I lift n skip leg day

coool cool, p.s. are those eytys or what shoes are they?

Yes! Eytys jets

nice, I have two pairs of other eytys but no Jets. I've been eyeing them but the sole does look pretty huge here. Do you have any other eytys to compare to? How do you like the Jets in general?? thxxx

textbooks, online tutorial with a standard measurements chart

Will that help if I want to do non-standard stuff?

Could you post a picture of the tunic alone? In the other thread you said graduation gown. What's that?
Look into crust/boro pants, apply the used techniques and take a look at Vivienne Westwood.
Can you be more specific in what you want to do? What kind of non-standard shirt?

Rather than side seams I want to do a kind of wrap around, similar to the CCP boots.

how about making a standard one first, then cut it open how you want the wrap around to get a pattern?

I based it very losely off a graduation gown. Its what i deconstructed to make the original pattern.

bump

nice

I made this shirt.

How does it fit?

The cuffs are bigger than I'd have liked, but I can change that on the next shirt I make.

Bump

You got a fit pic?

I made two tshirts, again.

Is this dumb wrinkled on purpose?

Just wrung it out after dying

Any sites/blogs/youtubes you guys use for inspo and style, not just for creating but fashion in general.

I have a pair of sperry's that are really messed up. I want to try and restore them and was wondering if anyone had recommendations. The leather is dried out an damaged. Also one of the gold eyelet hole things got messed up so I pulled it out. I think I need to bend back some of the pins on it to fit right again.

I really hope that leatherworking person can give some input as I'd really like to get these in wearable condition again.

One more picture for now

Hey guys, since this is the most friendly thread on the board I'm going to post this here. Hopefully you can help me collect some data for a project I'm working on by responding with your answers. I'd do a Surveymonkey, but the images are too difficult to upload.

Also, what do you guys think about the fanny pack trend? you're all fuckin' hipsters so I know you like it.

Looks really nice, where did you find the pattern you used? I want to start making some clothes like that.
I get that you're doing the whole "avant garde" fashion thing with the wrinkles and grey, and I like that. Not a fan of those mickey mouse buttons however. Still impressive that you made it your self.

did you make those illustrations? good job on the layout. i don't know if you can ask a bunch of schoolboys who think women should wear long flowy dresses about their fanny pack preference. also, hipsters aren't hip anymore, it's just another name for middle aged men.

those look fucking disgusting regardless

Well, take a look around you, school boys have at least a little buying power. It's just one demographic I hope to consider in the coming semester. Which of course means I'm a school boy (and I think long flowy dresses are great).

Funny comment on hipsters, I'm only fooling around when I say that though. And yeah, I did make those illustrations thank you for the compliment. (Please just give me some answers though, I am interested in what you all think)

Altered the trousers in this photo to have a side slit (I did self-timer on this shot).

I plucked a few details from a McCartney show last fall for inspo.
I've never seen trousers cut or configured in this way, so I just jumped on it.

>27
>man
>other - for looking good
>a- black
>b or c
>a
>a
i would and do wear these kind of things

Thanks for the feedback, man.

ill bite

1. 24
2. m
3. a/b/d/e/g (photography)
4. a (i wear mostly black~)
5. a/c -- you should decide if you want it rigid or not. look at ll-porter if you want to see some good designs
6. i like b
7. Don't really like how bulky any are, but id just embrace it and go with a

Can we have a fit pic?

Thank again for the response, and for the reference. I've not heard about ll-porter before, after taking a look they are too structured for my personal liking, but it depends on my feedback. So far Masterpiece Japan has been my main inspiration.

As for the bulky buckles, I've looked into many options including pic related (though I don't know where to buy them). Mostly I'm trying to determine what kind of form people prefer (masculine vs. feminine, busy, vs. clean) all kinds of feedback are welcome.

bump

how are everyone's projects coming along?

I used mink oil on a pair of suede boots to make them more interesting. Pic was taken halfway through for comparison.

what are those shoes?

I'm about to start with embroidery, but have a lack of designs. Any ideas on what would look cool on a simple white tshirt?

eytys jets

very cool. keep us updated my dude

A lot of stuff
Just look on pinterest
I don't have a project rn, but Im glad you're here intern

Yes.
What music do you listen to? What paintings do you like?

LMAOOOOOOOOO

They look pretty good

Do you intend to go on to making heavier garments?

1. 20
2. male
3. B, D, E, G - if it looked cool enough I'd incorporate it into fits. I already have a neon green and black fanny pack from the 90s that I wear with my 90s inspired fits but if I had one that was more everyday i would definitely use it.

4. A, B, C to keep it the most versatile. Possibly D, E, G or H if it was for specific outfits.

5. A or C are my favorites

6. A

7. A

cool project user, good luck! hope this helps

very dope

You look baller

Can 50/50 Cotton and Nylon be bleached?
I want to turn my camo jacket into a single color.
(rust red)

been busy last couple months trying to finish samples, finally at a point where we're just building the website and trying to market

i was hoping to return to a lot of fun projects on here, but i'm assuming most of the posters are back in school at this point

i like the sleeve lengths
looks like you need to fix the lengths for your bodices
looks like your side seams match, do your patterns curve at the hem towards center front/back?

What do you mean with heavier garments?
Length of the bodice? Yes, the patterns curve a bit.
What do you think of the neckline and the lettuce? That's more important to me.

the neckline is a bit wavy, try to stay on your seam allowance as best as possible
ironing the seam down towards the hem would help it too
the lettuce on the sleeves is minimal, and a bit more noticeable on the orange hem than the blue
try using fusing on the hem to add a little structure--should prevent any lettuce

your shoulder seam and armhole cap have a bit of a bulge
i've notice these on my tees and hoodies i've sewn and can be solved by reducing your stitch width and/or ironing your seams towards center front

the curve of your hems give an awkward appearance
maybe add some length to the center front and center back

i personally square out my hems

couple shots from the small collection we shot recently

notice the bit of bulge around the neckline due to not pressing the seam down well
in development, we found that using a 4 needle overlock created to thick of a seam that we could not press out well

it's a learning process my guy
you truly do get better the more you do it
if only i had pictures of the first t-shirt i sewed when i was in school-- missed a quarter of the neckline when attaching the rib, sewed on sleeve inside out, wasn't able to control the machine when sewing down the arm to the body and ended up having to make a crop top
practicing is really important
trial and error was my method, and it's been a very costly one for my friends and i this past year

exposed serged hems is one motif we used throughout the collection for texture
silk is a bit tough to send through the machine without major manipulation, and so on this sleeve you can see a few problems--mostly puckering and the edge beginning to curl on itself

It's frustrating that I can't make a t shirt, a basic project, that's good enough. I don't want to wear it anymore. I'm going to throw them away and start anew.

Do you know where I could find or a person who could help me find usable Russian Constructivist sewing patterns for males? In particular the overcoat by Tatlin and the 'Prozodezhda' worn by Rodchenko.

Wipe with wet rag, condition with lexol/saphir/coconut oil. Don't use mink oil, it's not 1995. Don't overcondition. Eyelet is pretty self-explanatory.

w2c?

I like how the trousers fit, the straight yet slightly tapered leg is a great silhouette.
Unfortunately, I'm back at school so I don't have any projects in the works yet, soonest I'll be able to start again would be December when I'm on break. Just trying to sort out ideas and hopefully ill have materials to order to my home by November. Need to redo the collar on my bomber jacket, as I didn't make it tall enough last time. I did pick up some tassel loafers for cheap but they're a little small, thinking about cutting the tongues at the sides and making an overtongue piece, like a penny loafer has.

Keep at it man, the orange color was a great choice.

1. 23
2. m
3. probably never
4. A/B
5. A is best overall but B is also good size/functionality ratio
6. B but it doesn't look tough enough
7. hate them all desu but A

They're a little too short as another user said. Also work on the seams where the sleeve joins the shoulder

try it and report back

but it depends on the weave? the thread is likely twisted cotton/nylon... cotton will bleach more easily so you'll probably end up with a lighter, more orange jacket. even if it takes evenly you're probably still gonna have the camo pattern

also here is my contribution to the thread... sleeveless coat i made for gf. would have turned out better if i planned it a bit more but isok

pardon my transgressions

I also made these shorts recently

fromthefront

Absolutely vile

Is this used medical gauze?

thanks b goin for that career hobo look

short base is cot/lin
the brown fabric is rayon iirc

Are those blood stains? I'm grossed out.

Where do you see bloodstains lol

Bro you created the most cuckish article of clothing ever made. It looks like you tie-dyed that shit with soup made from used tampons.

?

>Bro you created the most cuckish article of clothing ever made.
What did he mean by this?

seconding this

>20
>Male
>G: If it suits my outfit.
>A mainly. Others depending on fit.
>A or C
>B
>B

cool boots
what are they?

I look up old designer pieces on ebay and etsy

hello gacy

Nice necroshorts, user

Hi, I recently bought this from a thrift store for like 10$ just because. Dunno if it's legit or not (probably not).

Is there any way to remove the Kanji (?) print on the back? Or is there a high risk of destroying the jacket?

why not just go buy one from Target?

Oh, I just wanted to experiment on removing prints from materials like this.

I've tried twice removing prints from 2 random 0.5$ shirts and was (fairly) successful, but I think I'll just burn this one if I apply too much heat.

Need a fit pic. Is it supposed to look like you have enormous labia?

where can i find more patterns similar to this?

Yes, that one. I will email Michel Aubry, but I don't expect him to answer. Same goes for Alexandra Hopf and the Tatlin coat.
michelaubry.fr/galeriemeyer.html
alexandrahopf.com/_Maison_Tatlin

How do I turn cool Veeky Forums pics into machine embroidery patterns?
anyone got any experience working with .ESP files and whatnot? Or is there a service and what's it called so I can start looking into it?

it looks way better with the kanji dude keep it