- Anyone here have a successful and durable experience in forex trading ?

- Anyone here have a successful and durable experience in forex trading ?
- What's techniques did you use ?
- With how much money did you begin ?
- Gives me advice for a beginner like me, please.

I am really sad when i read specialized forums in forex, why?
Because all the trading journal I read ends the same way :
They end up losing all their gains and have their account to 0 dollars, after 6 months or 1 year.

I need testimonials from people who really live forex successfully since several years.
forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/70214-truth-about-forex-you-cant-become-rich.html

I think this method is the best to learn forex or index cfd:

Depositing tiny amount less than € 200 and try to make it grow until 1000, once in 1000 reached 900 withdraw.
With the remaining € 100, try to grow them again to € 1,000, remove 900 ... etc.
Do it 10 times successfully
Instead of dropping € 50,000, losing after six months, redeposit € 20,000 and lose again after one week.

Warning : this thread is only for winner in forex market.

Other urls found in this thread:

chicagotribune.com/news/sns-wp-blm-computer-trader-7f5fa0f2-226a-11e6-b944-52f7b1793dae-20160525-story.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FIRST

what is forex?

:^)

forex is a bucketshop
the real play in trading currencies is trading currency future options

>he hasn't upgraded to the next level

forex can be your worst nightmare.

I want to start dabbling in forex, would 500 be a decent amount to start with?

demo this strategy over 10,000 trades
set target profit at one pip after trading fees
set target loss at ten pips after trading fees
just open one trade and keep the direction the same, you're banking on normal short term variance
it's also a lot easier to make one pip than it is to lose ten pips

you should end up a loser after, which means you should look for a better market to trade in

Sounds good, I'll definitely develop a strategy using a demo and try to get to 10000 trades. Thanks senpai

you should end up a loser in most markets trying that... random entries with a fixed target and stop loss... with costs added in the form of commission and/or crossing the spread you're going to be -EV

it could be deceptive short term though (and given the target of 1 pip you could execute thousands of trades in a day trying this.... a simple up trend over a day or two could make it appear profitable over 10k trades... likewise in a falling market you'll be wiped out even quicker than expected....

your first entry is random, every other is not
the thing is, is that without quantifying probabilities of success, every bet you make is -EV

every entry is random as it is in turn based on a random entry... and yes that is the point, because it is random and you've got a cost associated with it it is inherently -EV... it is a futile exercise

Forex is very dangerous

What indicators are those?

Hi OP how are you doing?

just shapes with i think it was fib time series and gann fan

This is why you always (and I mean always) use SL, even when you are 99% sure.

>he realizes the loss

I'm really new to this, but I managed to grow my bankroll +236% in 2 weeks, mostly with fundamental analysis and reacting to the news. Fxwirepro analysis tips helped a lot, too.

The FBI doxed me

I'm not sure you understand how a stop loss works - it likely wouldn't help you there

i work in an fx broker in sydney. stop loss will not work. stop loss is just an instruction that says "if the price signal reaches this, please press "close at market" on my trade. it doesnt close at the limit price - the stop loss is the trigger price, not execution price. if the fx market does what it did in that picture, youre fucked

Yeah but you can't tell for sure how much someone would lose in that situtation considering it is a daily chart and there is no gap

exactly... and as far as most retail fx 'brokers' are concerend then there isn't an order book anyway so they have discretion to chose the price at which it executes

on an exchange (fx futures) or ECN, you're still fucked as liquidity providers will pull liquidity more rapidly than your retail stop order can get to the ECN or exchange gateway and your resulting market order won't hit anything until a bunch of people submit bids much much lower down and execute against the mass of market orders essentially in freefall - which is why you get that spike all the way down which retraces somewhat once liquidity returns

the 'brokers'/bucket shops can then fuck their clients over by marking their stops as having executed at the bottom of that spike... participants in exchanges and ECNs face a bit of a lottery with the matching engine... a few of them will have got out by executing against whatever bids remained/weren't pulled quick enough, others will have been matched at the bottom and others as liquidity started to return...

gap is irrelevant, it was a sudden drop and liquidity dissipated... which is basically a 'gap' anyway - except lots of this move happened within the same bar

you lost all your gains on your plus500 acccount ?

how is your trading going?

I do forex with FXCM. I opened my account with $50, and I just drop a little in each month and use it as a savings account. If you have money in, you have access to all their tutorials on different strategies and indicators.

If you don't want to do that, check out babypips.com or myfxbook.com and look for crazytrader.

this style of trading is very dangerous, I think he lost everything

You're right, I agree that whoever was in got fucked, I also forgot that Forex works almost 24/7 therefore gaps are rare

Just don't trade news

if you want to be a successful FX trader OP then the future probably involves learning to code... a start up prop firm is now the 4th biggest liquidity provider in spot FX, beating Deutsche Bank.

Banks have already lost to innovative HFT firms in equities over the years, they've also not competitive in exchange traded derivatives... spot FX seems to be the next place where they'll start losing market share to new firms

chicagotribune.com/news/sns-wp-blm-computer-trader-7f5fa0f2-226a-11e6-b944-52f7b1793dae-20160525-story.html

i ended up $500 worse off and quit FX for good. btw dont use plus500 as they are a fucking EXPENSIVE broker. although, they are honest. fxcm and oanda, axitrader etc will rip you off through point desking that you wont even know about unless you know how mt4 servers work.

deutsche bank is fucked because of their forex exposure, but banks never made money out of forex - only out of selling the cfd's on forex.

I trade head and shoulders pattern it's an ok strategy I do good for myself with it

>i ended up $500 worse off and quit FX

what was your starting capital ?

I started this

I heard it was someone in Tokyo

▲▲

Maybe idk like to talk to him

Is there any app/software that can notify me of 10+ pip shifts?

So in effect, the software would analyze the market price every 10 seconds or so, and notify me when the price rises or drops 10+ pips.

Does anyone know of any software that does this or will I have to get something custom made?

You could probably request that be made pretty easily on fxcodebase.com

>fxcodebase.com

thanks m8

BUY Signal on all JPY pair.

>deutsche bank is fucked because of their forex exposure, but banks never made money out of forex - only out of selling the cfd's on forex.

eh? no....

youre literally retarded.

>he plays bucketshop price slippage

I mean, how retarded can you be?

why are you assuming that he uses a bucket shop

also your previous post is phrased badly

>currency future options

do you mean FX options? FX futures? FX Options on futures?

Yup yup. You looking to take advantage of momentum or something? You use any overbought/sold oscillators? EMAs? Ichimoku? MAE? Definitions and explanations upon request, of course.

Huh. What the fuck platform is that?

so you mean options on futures

>futures
>of the euro
>the euro is a currency
>and you trade options on the futures of the currency

Wow, that was hard.

yeah... it was a simple question asked here:

and you couldn't simply give a straight answer to it...

>currency futures options

What's so fucking hard about that? Futures on currency, and the options of the futures on the currency. Like, how the fuck are you still not getting this?

Again, what you meant to say was 'options on futures'

What i meant to say was currency futures options.

you're the same guy who shitposts in reply to the OP's CHF graph aren't you?

I've made people money on this board, and I have a trip.

not very good at communicating though are you...

I'd have to ask you the same.

what would you like to know?

that wasn't a question, you couldn't answer a straight question earlier

>not very good at communicating, are you?

You need to use correct grammar. Though, you still shouldn't be using "not" as the first word of a sentence.

>looking at the eur/usd
>up one cent

I started with 150 two weeks ago now I'm at 550. I doubt it will continue to make money for me because roulette is roulette.

What are you doing to get that rate of return?

Did anybody have open USD positions for that spike due to the low nonfarm payrolls here?

looks like think or swim.

No, you can start a sentence with a conjunction.

However it is Veeky Forums not English class and the previous point still stands, you were asked a simple question...

I did. That, and another trade I had open let me close at with a 10% gain on my account for the week. That's my real goal each week.

Thanks. How much does that cost, anyway?

I thought you weren't asking me a question, but merely making a statement...

>do you mean FX options? FX futures? FX Options on futures?

quite clearly a straight forward question, you chose to be obtuse in answering by whacking up a screen print of your retail broker showing options on futures... instead of just answering

>currency futures options
>still not understanding that you can trade options on futures of currencies

its free and can only be used with td ameritrade.

Well, that might be what decides my online broker when I get enough to spread out past Forex in a few months.

>FX market closed for the weekend
>life loses all meaning

Yeah, my day off is Saturday, and I always thing it sure would be nice to get some scalping in.

>trading for 8 years
>finally making profit
>finally have a system that so far works.

Not worth it. It took me 8 years. Id rather have a stable full time job.

...but too bad im an avoidant and lazy neet with zero discipline and full of self-loathing

>6y here
>still not profitable

could be worse fagget

Tell me more user.
Tell me your exact system, your entries, your exits. Since it's not profitable sharing it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe i can find where you are wrong and tell you so we can both make mad $$$$$

Also your exact win rate, how much money did you lose, everything that comes to your mind.