Is SLP dead...

Is SLP dead? It was worn to shit by celebrities about 3 years ago then the public caught on to it about 2 years ago now its seemed to have watered down to where we have a bunch of fagboi nerd high school softies wearing it. Do you think SLP is long gone?

whoops, i meant slp style, not saint laurent the brand itself

If you have the body and you're into that rock'n roll/rockstar look you can wear it, basically in every collection Hedi did a homage to the different rock eras, so makes sense wearing slp.

But if you're a fashion whore, slp is dead.

hedi's design is timeless as seen by his work at dior

It's lost its popularity but if you can pull it off (you have a BMI of -10) then there's nothing wrong with it

It's been killed by people that try and wear it when they really don't have the body type for it. Especially people with giant thighs. It's my personal hell watching people dress up like they have sausage legs and insisting that they are in fact pulling off SLP in their own way.

These

If you're conventionally attractive, tall, and legitimately skinny, it looks absolutely amazing.

Otherwise you're fucked.

yep, it looks cool on rockstars and certain types but when people like in the OP dress like this it just looks like cosplay

It looks ok on the guy. At least he's sort of the figure it works with.

lol the actual rockstars that inspired these collections wouldn't have touched this trash with a ten foot pole

majority of people that wear slp:
>overweight fob asians
>instagram hypebeasts
>justin bieber
>college students who listen to way too much trap music

Any jackets like that but cheaper

This is very accurate.
The thing about fashion is that styles become a symbol for something. Hedi's slp was a blueprint to dressing like an 80s rock star so at first the association people had when seeing slp was "heroin chic rock star"
As with everything, the fan base has ruined this part of slp. The materials are still good and the style is still internally coherent but instead of being a proxy symbol for "rock star", the association people make is "nouveau rich Chinese" and honestly who wants to look like that on purpose?

You're retarded, most of the rockstarts out there wear Hedi designs, even fucking David Bowie wore Hedi's suits.
But in terms of slp customer base, I agree with you.

teddy jackets are dead and buried, they've had negative connotations for years, same with flannels and crash / chain denim

the best slp outfits are usually ones where the only slp items are boots and their plain jeans with random shit elsewhere (with the right body type of course)

because they have stylists telling them to?

it's pretty obvious they're not picking out their clothing or fully enveloping themselves in the style, and most of them aren't even good artists anymore anyway

Most of them recive those clothes for free, I was saying that because he was saying that rockstars wouldn't even touch Hedi's clothes, which is absolutely false.

theyre shearling jackets but you wont find any cheaper, just scout around thrift stores and hope you are lucky enough to find one

Yeah but David Bowie is dead so who cares?

now it just seems like people try too hard and it looks like cosplay instead of actually livingg the lifestyle and then dressing like this

Stop playing dumb, just search Hedi's rock diary will give a ton of examples.
Btw,Bowie style still way more revalent then yours will ever be.

*than

examples of what

those are just photos of musicians

So with my 6'3 120lb ass i can become a god?

120@6'3 lmfao how tf you would actually need crutches just to stand up, you would have absolutely no muscles to be able to hold even your skelly body up

>No rockstar would wear slp shit
>For example Bowie wore Hedi's suits
>Who cares, Bowie is dead
>Just go to rock diary, you'll see a ton of examples

>Examples of what?

Are you retarded? Of rockstars wearing Hedi designs.

most of these musicians are just wearing their normal attire i.e. NOT slp

the ones that are have literally been paid to do so

The only actual rockstar off the top of my head who wears slp is Lenny kravitz

Of course most of famous people get shit for free, but bands like queens of the stone age, rolling stones and stuff(even smaller bands that Hedi takes pics of) you can see them wearing those clothes beyond photoshoots(just see those slp boys walking arond on their insta with wyatts and bikers). They wear those clothes because they like it and since it's free/some are even got paid to wear it they are fine with it.

If they absolutely hated slp they wouldn't wear it casually, since image is such a big part of these people.
And that's what I'm trying to say, that user that said that they would never touch slp clothes is wrong.

there are plenty of musicians that do wear slp on their own time but obviously in shows and concerts when they have to do a lot of moving around and bouncing and such they would prefer to not wear something like wyatt boots

what if u just wear the low heel chelseas/jodpurs?

low-key looks good in everything, Im gonna get a black pair when they go on sale or i find them cheaper online. idk maybe just me but if you dont buy the flashy harness and high heel shit i think it s subtle. The sillouhete on their boots is like better than any other boot made.

I think a lot of the crazy designs will go away but I think hedi's original design principles will sticky around. Styles have gotten a lot wider if you look at brands like balenciaga, but personally, I can't get behind it. It's a trend right now and I think a lot of people style hedi's designs wrong.
I agree with a lot of the people posting here that he kind of had a shitty audience where people will size down their jeans too much and focus on the patterns instead of the cut of the clothes.
There are certain things I've liked that hedi brought back, skinny jeans, hawaiian shirts, chelsea boots. Clean chelseas, a slim striped t shirt and a slim pair of jeans will always be a clean look.

>6',135, vaguely athletic
I guess I'll stick to uniqulo

do slp if you want.

>120@6'3 lmfao how tf you would actually need crutches just to stand up

you don't know what you're talking about, but that's understandable. us lanklets are an enigma. i was 6'4, 127 lbs for a long time. i was still able to play basketball without passing out. and my uncle was 6'4, 110 lbs for a while when he played high school basketball. both of us would eat massive amounts of food and gain no weight

Slp is incredible hard to pull off. You have to be Paris fashion weak tier to pull it off.

Yes, it's over. Even their poster boy has moved on
a long time ago and is now repping Gucci.

You're right, but you should post another pic, isn't he wearing wyatts with harness.

jesus christ how many stylists can this guy buy and he looks bad in almost all of his clothes

The jacket is obviously too big for him. What a shit stylist job

If you are under 6'0 then not even bother wearing SLP.
SLP is not popular now because amurica (which was before Hedi era) customers are fat as fuck.
These clothes are not made for skinnyfat people and under 6'0.
Cheers. :PP

You're right, but in terms of height vs weight, weight is way more important for the slp look.
Only a skelly can pull it off.
For example young Bob Dylan is a skelly and alot of his clothes were part of Hedi inspo folder and he's only 5'6''.
But generally you have to be tall to pull it off(and a skelly at the same time)

this looks terrible though

yeh i agree but lets define skelly...its not 5'10 150, think more 5'10 120

He's a skinny manlet. Of course he's going to look like shit no matter what he wears.

noone really thinks 5'10 150 is skelly I think
t. 5'10 115

t. skelly himself
your statement is disregarded, thank you anyways though

He's wearing lifts he uses zipper pants to hide it

>tfw /fit
>thick,solid, tight
>could never rock SLP even though I think it looks great

Closest I could get is maybe a bloodletter shirt or something

If someone looks good in it then it doesn't matter if the trend is over they still look good. In fact it probably works better now because all the people who couldn't pull it off have moved on.

tfw chopstick thighs but jumbo calves
fucken kill me

The bigger problem is there's no more Hedi collections.

Even if you're a diehard Hedi fanatic eventually you'll get bored with the pieces you have and move on. There's a handful of stuff I'm missing but otherwise I have all the things I wanted from each collection. The exact same thing happened to me with Dior Homme. This will have a much larger role in killing the aesthetic than mainstream adoption / the mainstream moving on. Essentially it doesn't matter how overexposed it gets as long as there's constantly new stuff coming out the style can survive.

Which was exactly what happened when Hedi was around. By the end of the Hedi era no one fucked with stuff like the biker jeans or teddy jackets because they had been so overexposed but by that point it didn't matter because Hedi had already moved on and released newer, cooler, shit.

Without him everything will just get more boring and stale with time but newer and better pieces will never come out. This is what kills the aesthetic, not trends or whatever.

Can you be built and wear this shit?

No you really fucking can't. I mean there's nothing physically stopping you from doing it and if you post it on Reddit people will suck your dick for it telling you how great you're for pulling it off in your own way. But being build, especially with larger legs destroys the lower half of it. The top half isn't anything particularly unique or exciting, it's printed shirts worn in a particular way, you can definitely do that if you find the correct stuff i.e. not fucking skin tight.

Big thighs kill the look.

can you show your collection pls, post some pics

IDK man, Beck pulls off SLP pretty well and he's legally a midget.