Tattoo general. Talk about tattoo ideas, your current tattoos, and help anons find ones they like

Tattoo general. Talk about tattoo ideas, your current tattoos, and help anons find ones they like

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/katedecosmo/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what a disgusting way to start the thread OP good fucking job

thanks man

ok now why didnt you use this image instead of the one you posted

I like both styles dude idk, first one caught my eye more

It's like he looked at the tattoo parlor wall and said "I'll take it!".
>which one?
"All of it!"

>tfw want a tattoo like this but work in the service industry
One day I'll finish my book so I can live how I truly want too

I guess its an actual style, idk what its called tho

Work at a bar

But I hate being around and talking to people

My plans are a fleur de lis on the neck, and a tattoo of the word nomad on my arm.
Good or bad idea? pic related its the fleur

do you have any examples of somebody that already has it? i cant really picture it

It'd be the lower portion of the neck, think where it merges into your shoulder if that makes sense
The only close example is that of a star in texas style. but thats it

what type of font?

been considering a skelly for a bit. kinda like this guy but not sure how it would turn out in just black/grey

also keen on this here skelly

Font wise, was thinking biker patch font for Nomad, and something like a serif font for gypsy, what would you reccomend?

thinking about getting my first tattoo (or two) done and this seems to be the best local artist i've found. please critique her work and let me know if she's good
for reference i'm planning on getting some simple blackwork done

instagram.com/katedecosmo/

i'm still mad that he doesn't live near me and he doesn't let other people tattoo his designs

DO NOT GET BIG TATS FOR A FIRST TIME
thats like piercing your dick as your first piercing.
you'll regret it

it's kind of shit when the tattoos don't have a cohesive style and theme

i should be clear what i meant by blackwork:
a simple black tattoo which is mainly linework and no shading
i didn't mean i'd get black bands or black out part of my skin that's ridiculous
it'll probably be on my inner forearm or bicep

Im also thinking about getting scithy tattoos dedicated to create an interesting tapestry on my body.
Every time something notable happens i design something to represent it and fuse it with a pre existing tattoo
Eventually to create an ever lasting tapestry

are simple arm band tattoos effay?

NO

I made another thread without checking the search. But guys what do you think of this as a forearm piece?

Is this true?
I most likely will regret it but I also don't like the idea of having a tiny piece of crap tattoo that isn't artistic nor meaningful.

I don't mind them being exclusive or combined but to get something small seems weird.

you need to understand how poorly this sort of work ages. i'm talking about just a couple of years. If you can afford to get this touched up every few months, go for it.

How bad we talking? Saggy and fading and blobs forming? Or is it more manageable

small details are going to get muddied to unrecognizable.
Also, your forearm doesn't have the size to do that piece well. Assuming most artist will tell you this.

It's when someone does a bunch of mismatched traditional flash without any filler

Idk user the fleur-de-lis was pretty much claimed by white trash in the 90s

gay

no u

My tattoos are pretty edgy, I guess.

>le depressed nihilist

I bet you share ironic memes about mental health on your social media

where should I get this?

lmao
that's the joke

who is the artist?

I may be wrong, but it looks like bailey illustrations.

thicc

this is like my favorite tattoo I've seen, anyone got anything similar? I have had my mind set on getting a goofy skeleton for months but haven't decided on the specifics yet.

gonna post some pictures out of my inspo folder

google for danse macabre, there could be some results you may like.

I really like how badly drawn the 2nd bird looks

same with this one

i hope its not a folder of

>le square meme

nah, some of them, but mostly stick and poke, creative or just well made stuff

I'm not really into twin peaks, but the colors are great on this one.

left one is pretty cool, right one's fucking ugly.

last one for now

no

The artist does a fair few similar designs. Bailey Illustrations.

Would the "menacing" katakana from JoJo rising from my groin be fun?

Or is one JoJo tattoo enough?

ty for the help friends

Dore is GOAT

you are wrong
it's a guy who posts here on tattoo threads every once in a while
that's his design

One of mine right after it was done

wrinkly ass

she's just asian

Not if ur Quebecois my friend

How does everyone feel about tattoos on black people? I've always wanted to get one, but I feel like they give off a ghetto vibe.

I also think this would make a good tattoo

well you can't get colorful tattoos, obviously. but tattoos on black people can look great as long as you don't pick shitty ghettoish tattoos, like written stuff over your chest or your arms, expensive brand logos or shit like that, you're fine.

Kek

you have to be a lot more conscious of the designs you're getting, the density of the designs, and the placement
it's very easy to see a splotch of black shit on a black guy and assume it's just ghetto ink
look towards McRide for inspiration on how to do it right

This is sweet

Why LOTR?

What inspires people to start getting tattoos?

got my first tattoo in Bangkok over the summer, was thinking about maybe trying to learn how to do it and just doing little tats for extra money here and there while im in school, any tattoo artists here that could give me some advice?

cool in concept but its so detailed and i cant imagine it even fitting on to your or anyones forearm

love this

that would be awesome

shit they like, shit they are inspired by, appreciative of art, etc

also, what do you guys think of getting specific tattoos from other artists, not necessarily tattoo artists. I want to get a takashi murakami tattoo but i don't know if thats dumb or if its just not cool, but i want one pretty bad, something small

pic is my tat

what do you think of cassidys (preacher) tattoos?

I think he should shave his fucking chest

Never got that solid color shit

cover up most likely
I have a ship tattooed on my leg that I will likely get covered up and solid black is one of the best options I have

usually cover ups. Which is funny in itself when you see some 22 year old kid with a blacked out
full sleeve.

Rate this one.

the writing ruins it

Love this

Russian gang?

y

I want to perfect my appearance and if I think adding a tattoo could improve the overall aesthetics of my persons I'd get one

is that frank zappa mixed with anne frank?

>shaving

Faggot

No man should shave his chest, except for swimmers.

Anyone know good Paris instagrams? Gonna be there and musing to see if anyone has a drop in

If it's to hide your tracks maybe

I like these a lot.

I'm getting something by Sad Amish on the 29th.

You have to earn tattoos like that otherwise they make you look even weaker than you already are.

Stuff out of his illustrated London is great.

Thats a pic from the Heidelberger Totentanz.
Mein Neger.