I'm in the market for a leather coat and came across this one. I like the unique look...

I'm in the market for a leather coat and came across this one. I like the unique look, but I'm a little concerned it's going to come across as mall-ninja-y. I'm also not familiar with the brand at all, so I don't know if the quality matches the price.

Any thoughts?

>LEATHER.

DISGUSTING.

Take your animal rights shit somewhere else where people care.

It will only come off as mall-ninja if you dress like one in addition to it, wear this with the proper shoes and hair and you should be good my man.

That's what I was hoping. That the short length combined with being brown instead of black takes away enough of the mall-ninja factor to be alright.

Why is Veeky Forums getting spammed with leather threads lately? Is it that there isn't enough of us actively bullying these guys into not making bad decisions?

>durable
>good for plenty of weathers
>classic
>stylish

Sounds to me like you're just gay.

>Is it that there isn't enough of us actively bullying these guys into not making bad decisions?

Why do you think it's a bad decision?

Because pulling off a leather jacket is ridiculously difficult. Most leather jackets look like utter shit. People have confused leather jackets as being automatically cool, but they aren't.

LEATHER IS PROCESSED SKIN FROM THE BODIES OF OTHER ENTITIES —THE ABOMINABLENESS OF THIS PRACTICE, AND OF THE WORLDWIDE INDUSTRY BUILT AROUND IT, SHOULD BE SELFEVIDENT; IF YOU CANNOT RECOGNIZE IT, YOU ARE SUBHUMAN.

An analogy you should be able to understand is that Johnny Depp can wear a fedora and look fine, right?
But if someone makes a thread asking can he wear a fedora we are going to tell him "No!" because we know there is a 99% chance he will look like pic related.

Another analogy is that you're a person starting a game in an FPS and you have literally never used a computer or played a video game and you ask "Hey, should I go on nightmare mode?"
No dude, you should not go on nightmare mode. You have no idea what you're doing.

Leather jackets are a nightmare difficulty fit and you are a newb, you're telling us a newb in that you even have to ask and in that all you guys pick ugly jackets besides.
If you were going to make this work you would not even have to ask.

>Because pulling off a leather jacket is ridiculously difficult.

I wouldn't call it ridiculously difficult. Sure, it can look hokey if you wear it with the wrong stuff, but it's not nearly as hard to pull off as a fedora or a cape.

filtered byeee :)

>all you guys pick ugly jackets besides.

What specifically do you think is ugly about it? The only thing unusual is that it's double breasted.

I AM STILL HERE, YOU JUST CANNOT SEE ME —IF YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS "WINNING" IN THIS SITUATION, YOU ARE DELUSIONAL.

It's basically a leather pea coat. Also buttons on leather is pretty fucking fedora, 1930s fighter pilot cosplay

>Also buttons on leather is pretty fucking fedora, 1930s fighter pilot cosplay

Why is the 1940s-style bomber jacket considered such a classic look then?

I'm not going to argue with you. I'm going to ask you to do two things.
*Put away or save up about $1000. That is your leather jacket fund. Expect to pay more money than you intended.
*Just forget about the leather jacket for now and try to hone your fits. Git gud.

>I'm not going to argue with you.

I'm not arguing with anyone, I'm simply trying to understand what people think doesn't look good about it.

A bunch of people are saying it looks bad or it's hard to pull off without explaining why.

You want to us to give you reasons so you can critique them, dismiss them and come away from this thinking it's a good idea for you to buy the leather jacket.

How about we change it up a bit? Post a photo of you, good face res, good full body shown.
Then we can picture you in various leather jackets and if you would look good in them you have proven us wrong and we can help you select the best fit.

It's actually even harder, because at least with those things most people realise they look like utter shit. People delude themselves into thinking that leather jackets suit them constantly.

They're two different pieces of clothing. The bomber jacket is a lot more versatile, a lot more sub-cultures have used it over the years which has led to it being used and manufactured in many different ways.That doesn't hold true for the double breasted leather jacket with these giant buttons.

>You want to us to give you reasons so you can critique them, dismiss them and come away from this thinking it's a good idea for you to buy the leather jacket.

I want you to post reasons because without them your opinion is worthless. However if you have a reasonable argument, I'm willing to listen.

So basically it's harder to pull off because it's unusual?

I was hoping to go for something slightly less common than a perfecto or bomber, but I get what you're saying, and I get why it might be hard to pull off. Definitely food for thought.

You have autism and you chose to ignore the second part of what I said.
You know you're going to look Euphoric, dude. Admit it.

>You have autism and you chose to ignore the second part of what I said.

I did choose to ignore the second part of what you said because if you can't discuss the topic reasonably and post logical reasons to back up your opinions now, that's not going to change because I post a picture of myself.

The reason I'm saying you have autism because what you're asking me to do is not far off of asking me to tell you why a landscape painting is beautiful.
I can probably rattle off some reasons why it's beautiful but they're just pulled out of my arse, I can't give you the real reasons.
But let me try and give you some arse pulls for leather jackets, then.

*They are almost a costume piece. You might as well be asking why you can't wear a frock coat.
*They are typically sized for fat old boomers. Very ugly and unflattering cuts.
*The cheap ones LOOK cheap.
*You are almost certainly not Marlon Brando. That's why I asked you to post a pic. Some guys can make it work, most can't. It IS possible you are one of the few and posting the pic would give us some insight.
*You are probably just a skinnyfat nerdy looking guy. The exact opposite of who we're conditioned to picture in a leather jacket. In my mind's eye I can already see your pencil neck and forward head posture poking out of that leather sack.
*You, you personally do not have any fashion skills. We can all see that. So even if you could look good in a leather jacket you're going to pick the wrong one.

Okay, see this is something I can at least think about and consider, thank you.

>They are almost a costume piece. You might as well be asking why you can't wear a frock coat.

Really? You see tons of people wearing leather jackets though, frock coats not so much.

>The cheap ones LOOK cheap.

What exactly is considered cheap? The one I posted in the OP is $800, is that still cheap for leather coats?

Is pic related a good type of leather jacket for someone's first? I love perfectos but I think I need to go with something minimal. Also, where can I actually buy a jacket? Every leather jacket store sells to fatties or something and they're always too big.

Have you actually tried it on in a store? Especially with leather jackets it's super important to get the fit right as you can't really have them adjusted later on.

Also as others have said it is a hard look to pull off. Having the double breasted style means you will need to keep it closed, as it would look odd if worn open. It is also not a style which is easy to combine with many other items of clothing, which is what you would want if you buy an expenaive item. A simpler, cleaner style could also be worn with e.g. chinos and a dress shirt as well as with jeans, this style will really just work with jeans.

I would say this will only really work if you are fairly tall, good looking and fashionable anyways as well as have the confidence to make this work. Probably not a great idea if you're an average guy and are not that much into fashion

>Have you actually tried it on in a store?

No, I can't find anywhere within driving distance that sells the brand.

After the advice here, I'm going to reconsider and look for something simpler.

It only looks ridiculous on Veeky Forums's userbase of 14-16 year old acne ridden fuccbois.

I like Rudsak.

can't stand those double column buttons they are annoying to tie up and take off and the buttons fall off . it also just looks bad , imo

Fair. I'd say start with hitting up some stores around you and trying on their leather jackets. It can also pay off to look at some more upscale shops even if you don't intend to buy a jacket there, as they will often have good designs and you may find some inspiration there.

Make sure to look up some guides on the fit of leather jackets beforehand, and make sure you know what full grain, top grain etc leathers are. When trying on jackets you may find that some brands tend to fit you better than others, because they generally use cuts that flatter your body type, so it may be worth paying attention to that

lol that's the silliest comment I've read on here iaw

the buttons. plain and simple . don't buy this

the best thing about leather is function , leather is warm as fuck yet thin, it's the perfect outerwear for cold conditions while retaining a formed silhouette . leather wins every time in both Form & Function. this is the 3 Fs: Fashion = Form & Function

Are you qcball?

I think we found our a-q

You're trying to talk yourself into making a mistake. You can say the same shit about fedoras, slick.

fedora is an accessory.