Hoping to get some advice on comfortable dress shoes for work...

Hoping to get some advice on comfortable dress shoes for work. I was recently offered an opportunity to work with management, but my company is rather traditional and requires suits and dress shoes.

I currently wear some cheap stacy adams, along with some cole hanns and they absolutely destroy my feet, to the point where I almost feel like limping. I walk 7 mins to a public transportation, and then 5 mins to my job once I get off the train. So less than half an hour a day.

Any brand recommendations on dress shoes that are high quality and comfortable? Thankfully, price isn't an issue.

Everyone always talk about Allen Edmonds. Are they truly worth the hype?

Other urls found in this thread:

meermin.es
youtu.be/Xpmuo5EAFog?t=680
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are you fat or something why are you shoes hurting your feet?

Anyway, the answer is meermin.es
Allen Edmonds is okay but not worth the hype.

If you can't afford these, and have health insurance from work find a crooked shoe doctor who will "prescribe" them for you. That way it's covered. Easy to find in the city.

What kind of work do you do?

>Are they truly worth the hype?
No! How can so many people buy into it in the first place?! I don't get it. Why is the entire world covered in a thick layer of retards who think AE is a quality shoe? Look at that breadroll last in your *own pic* for shit's sake!

>Thankfully, price isn't an issue.
If this is genuinely true, go to London and get John Lobb bespoke. Nothing better, and a wholly personalized last means they're guaranteed not to shit on your feet.

However, supposing price really is an issue and you don't want to spend $5k on one pair of shoes: Edward Green is the best quality English RTW shoe; Enzo Bonafé is the best quality Italian. Meermin is the best value for money, and Crockett & Jones is the memiest English shoe that still has solid quality. Get them handgrade only.

If you have to get an American shoe, Alden is the only way.

>Are you fat or something why are you shoes hurting your feet?

Nah, but my feet are extremely flat. Literally no arch support whatsoever. On top of that, I broke my right ankle as a kid and it never healed quite the same, so it's rather weak without support.

>What kind of work do you do?
I currently work as a data analyst in health care, but I was recently offered a much higher position in administration.

Thank you and the other person for the recommendations! I will definitely check them out.

Check out Jack Erwin's OP.
They're higher quality shoes that cut out the wholesale price.

>Nah, but my feet are extremely flat. Literally no arch support whatsoever. On top of that, I broke my right ankle as a kid and it never healed quite the same, so it's rather weak without support.
With this in mind I would not order online in the first instance if I were you. Go to a podiatrist and get orthotic insoles made. These will run you probably a couple hundred minimum but will in all probability be extremely worth it for you. Bring these with you at all times (actually, WTF am I saying, they'll be in your shoes) when trying out shoes and explain your situation to the customer service guy.

Thanks!

Good advice! Not sure why I didn't think of that sooner.

This. Insoles are definitely worth it. Whilst you have some custom ones made you can just use some standard ones, they should have them in many larger shoe stores to support flat feet and stuff like that.

On another note, do you use shoecare products? If not, you should buy some shoe creme, shoe wax and a horse hair brush. They sell those in most shoe stores, so just buy them when you buy your shoes. Using shoe creme will make your shoes last longer, look better and keep the leather nice and soft

>Edward Green is the best quality English RTW shoe
Maybe.
>Enzo Bonafé is the best quality Italian.
They are really good, but I'm not sure they are the best. Meccariello is really good too.

>Meccariello
his pinched waist soles are to die for

Those are incredible holy shit

I have a pair of Geox oxfords that are comfy. I can walk around all day without getting sore feet. I had them broken in in only a couple weeks as well.

Is it me or Allen Edmons look bulky as fuck?
Dont look elegant at all.

they are bulky. Check this: youtu.be/Xpmuo5EAFog?t=680

>only a couple weeks

That's not exactly quick unless you compare it to very low quality super stiff shoes. Most shoes break in quicker than that if worn regularly

>Is it me or Allen Edmons look bulky as fuck?
It's not you. That's what is calling "breadroll last", they look like Calvin's shoes in Calvin and Hobbes. No lines.

>Dont look elegant at all.
No, they don't.

Meccariello is great too, no question. You see the same type of pinched waist on Bonafé shoes sometimes but it's rarer than you'd hope.

I work in consulting and I have a pair of black and brown RM Williams. Chelseas might be too casual for your workplace, but I live in Australia (where they're made) so they're quite common and heaps of people wear them.

Comfy as hell

I am not going to shill or anything, but if you want quality and a reasonable price, id suggest Carmina.
I am not a big fan of calfskin because all of the small wrinkles, but you wont go wrong with cordovan with Carmina.
I would definitely suggest saving up for a few pairs.

Chelseas are perfectly acceptable as business wear, at least in europe during autumn and winter

I prefer the wrinkles than the rolls of the cordovan leather. Derbies work great with cordovan, but oxfords end up like old carpets.
Beautiful and resistant leather, though.

I had to wear those shits when I worked for your typical big-corporation-with-benefits. Uncomfortable af, literally scream "I'm soulless drone". Was the most suicidal part of my life, much happier now working at smaller company and wearing whatever I want to work.

I'm thinking about copping another pair. I wish they still did whisky leather.

bump

I like Allen Edmonds

There are many brands out there you can get cheaper on Ebay. Just have patience.

I have a pair of Tramezzas that were 20 bucks.

Here is the collection. I rotate these on a bi-weekly basis. I've added a pair of J&M shells to the mix as well