Guys, I've been told by my girlfriend I should stop wearing polo shirts all the time

Guys, I've been told by my girlfriend I should stop wearing polo shirts all the time...

I don't know what to do now... when not at work, I've always just worn polo shirts and jeans. Various colors, no pockets, no logos... I'm fairly thin and semi-Veeky Forums, so I kinda look like an off duty Navy SEAL or or cop, which is the look I was going for, but apparently it's out of style.

What's the cool thing to wear these days? I've considered just plain dark color Ts, but that might be weird and I think she will like that even less.

Thoughts?

Maybe try something like this

hahaha what

start buying jeans that actually fit, meaning they don't stack at the bottom and are slightly tapered. I see most normies getting away with casual button down shirts so you can pick up a few from uniqlo I guess.

Semifit? Go topless

I do have jeans that fit. That's not the problem. She's quite happy with the way everything I wear fits.

She's just sick of me wearing polo shirts.

Interesting, but there's a lot going on in that...

polo shirts are pretty gay, i only wear them at home.

Coincidentally, my girlfriend asked one of our friends who is gay and stylish and he said he wouldn't be caught dead wearing a polo.

>I kinda look like an off duty Navy SEAL

wat?

my gf tells me to wear drivers caps so i wouldn't listen to their advice all the time. just wear what you like.

Polos are pedestrian and boring. If you want to continue to dressing cool conservatively, get Hanes beefy tees tucked into your pants. Will look much better than polos.

Button down preppy shirts with small patterns and such might be good.

maybe a light button down with a hoody over it as well? What is your climate like?

I'm guessing you're American? For some reason to americans polo shirts always seem to have way more negative connotations than to europeans, I guess it's because they are associated with service sector jobs.

You could try button ups using casual fabrics if you're not a fan of t-shirts

*button downs I meant of course, not button ups

>listens to girlfriend about what he shouldn't wear
>doesn't ask girlfriend what he should wear

wew

don't listen to gay people

If you're still a student/not in a formal workplace, I think you have a few options here:

-Alexander Skarsgård-esque grey tees all the time, if you have broad shoulders and are tall it's ideal (and the ones made from Modal have a nice drape to them), but it's kind of boring. But maybe you like boring. I don't know.

-90s Britpop-esque ringer tees and raglan shirts for a more retro feel; good if you're not afraid of colour (most men wear too little colour/mix all dark colours idiotically)

-if you don't have crazy big arms, button-down shirts tucked in look great

-band tees, but real ones (look better paired with jackets)

-chambray shirts (really thin denim), get the 100% cotton ones and they'll last and last (ideally white or pearl buttons, not black)

-I'd advise against Henley shirts because that's just a polo that's afraid of commitment

-feathered mankini

either do 3 things:

- tell her to fuck off
- start wearing nothing but a big ass 1950s robe and slip on fuzzy loafers
- wear slacks and a button down tucked into it, with a cardigan over

either way u still get laid homie

How bout dis?

or maybe dis?

>Alexander Skarsgård-esque grey tees
Not OP, but can you post pictures to give some ideas on what you're talking about?

>Raglans
These shirts (especially the 3/4 sleeved ones) emphasize the arms too through contrasting colours...who knows if your girl's drawn to them and want them around her?

>Henley shirts = a polo that's afraid of commitment
I like Henley shirts myself (though sparingly), but that gave me quite a chuckle.

A shirt has a few different qualities: buttons, collar, sleeves, neckline, etc. So just buy a few with differing aspects, wear them, and see you/ others like. But if you're asking this question in the first place you are probably supremely boring and likely always will be.

She's probably worried about you becoming chad and having other options, I bet she wants to keep you locked in while she gets to fuck other guys on the dl.
>reminder that polos are the most chad garment

Look at this user here contributing to the board in a real way and not shitposting and shit. incredible

Inspo

Dump the manipulative bitch.