Is there a way to wear a trench coat without looking like a fedora-tipping weeb?

Is there a way to wear a trench coat without looking like a fedora-tipping weeb?
It's getting colder and rainy here in the Pacific Northwest, and trench coat are so cozy.

Be a woman. Womens trenchcoats aren't cringy

Sorry, you have to go full edgecore.

>Is there a way to wear a trench coat without looking like a fedora-tipping weeb?
Yes.

Be a goth.

How?

Be handsome

Is there a way to be goth without being a cringelord?

>goths are cringelords
Are you underage?

Ok, I already am.
I'm looking more for suggestions on what to wear a trench coat with, as well as styles of trench coats that don't look terribly autistic.

Neo-victorian.

Too bad, I'm a dude.

Was hoping it wouldn't come to that :p

Tried goth, didn't really work for me.

Thanks I'll look into it.

Going trans is peak effay if you aren't already a girl.

I'm far too masculine, and enjoy lifting way too much.

To this post and all the replies: 18+!

Do you people even fashion? Of course trenchcoats can look fine. The weather has to call for an overcoat, and the fit has to have at least a touch of a traditional/formal vibe. These aren't hard rules, but I'd abide by them if you're even asking this question. You think a whole style of overcoat exists just for school shooters?

The problem with articles of clothing like that (and many vintage hats) is that men like the one in your picture either don't match it with other clothing that's suitably formal, don't have it fitted in a way that matches their frame , or have it made with materials inappropriate for the rest of the ensemble.
The swords need to go as well, obviously, but I guess they'd be better with clothing/armor that matched both the period the weapons were used, and (maybe) the ancestry of the wearer.

Just don't get a leather one and you'l be fine.

don't get a cheap one or with a slim/trendy cut tho

This 100%

Get beige, khaki, olive, brown, navy, or grey, but not black trench coats. Also, if you are going to wear a fedora with one (presumably for those grey days and rainy weather), make sure it's a decent quality hat that coordinates well with your chosen coat color. Black is a very strong color that looks off, outside of certain formal contexts. The guy in your pic is wearing his coat opened, with a sorry looking t-shirt instead of a dress shirt on, and the katana on his shoulder adds to the goofiness of the photo, which was in likelihood the intention. If you want to wear a trench coat, you could pull it off if it is 1. situationally correct to wear one (rainy weather), 2. the coat fits reasonably well, and 3. the clothes that you have beneath the coat fit with the rest.

That was a great movie. The clothes were also good. Paris was very grey and rainy in that film. I found it funny that they arrested just about everyone in the district that wore a long coat of some sort, just because the suspect was supposed to wear one, while the coats made sense to begin with because of the weather.

be older or wear it over your suit if you wear one to work or something

otherwise nah