Ok, so if they made a movie about adam and eve and their descendents, would it literally just be a bunch of incest...

Ok, so if they made a movie about adam and eve and their descendents, would it literally just be a bunch of incest? According to the bible incest is inherent and natural. Cain and seth were grown men before any of their sisters and possible wives were born. Which means the only woman they could lust after was their mother. And even afterwards they could only fuck their sisters.

So, genetic degeneration from inbreeding... Am i supposed to suspend my disbelief because adam and eve were made from pure god blood? Are we technically retarded compared to them? Is all that sister loving the reason humans don't live 100+ years anymore?

Any religion that lets me fuck my family is one I can get behind.

Yeah they loved incest. Yes eve is a gamer girl. So FUCKING what?

Cane settled in the land of Nod, east of Eden, and found spouses there. Maybe God placed humans in all the corners of the Earth, maybe there was an Adam and Eve for each race, and ten thousand+ years of translation errors made us think Adam and Eve were the only proto-humans.

Hebrew/English

Adam = Man
Seth = Appointed
Enosh = Mortal
Kenan = Sorrow
Mahalalel = The Blessed God
Jared = Shall come down
Enoch = Teaching
Methuselah = His death shall bring
Lamech = The Despairing
Noah = Rest, or comfort.

>Man (is) appointed mortal sorrow; (but) the Blessed God shall come down teaching (that) His death shall bring (the) despairing rest.

Adam was created in the image of God, but that doesn't necessarily mean he was the first human. There may have been "beastial humans" they intermingled with. It does state that God created animals before creating Adam.

>need to populate
>only one way
>ok guys you did it
>now that there's a nice population stop Fucking familiar members
Is it that hard to get?

This isn't a contradiction. Adam and Eve lived centuries so probably had dozens of kids.

Why god didn't just make more fucking humans in the first place.

>bestial humans
[Citations needed]

god made adam & eve as the original humans but also made other humans

he wouldn't force them into incest (a grave sin) and besides humanity cannot descend from just one guy and one gal

Ask him
Probably wanted this great creation to start off small
Plus,Adam and eve where made for the Eden, until they sinned,that probably screw somethings up
For what I understand (personal opinion here)
Humanity wasn't design to be like It is now,its was supposed to be adam and eve and maybe thier offspring
Or not...

So it's bad when there's 2 of them but perfectly fine when there's 8 of them?

who said he only made 6 other humans?

genesis 4:8 implies that cain had to hide from something or someone to begin with, implying at least one human community already exists at the time
the wives adam & eve's descendants took had to come from somewhere too

>omniscient
>omnipotent

>didnt knew about satan's trick to ruse the humans

Don't give me that "Satan used tachyons to block God's vision of the future" bullshit

I was referring to the flood narrative since god only left 8 fairly related humans alive at the conclusion of that story.

Well he displays neither of those traits during the garden of Eden story.
Adam is even fully capable of hiding from god until he reveals himself.

>Well he displays neither of those traits during the garden of Eden story.

But why does everyone describe him as perfect and all that? Or is it a different God we're talking about?

The standard explanation is that most (maybe all) of Genesis is an allegory. You can see this kind of reasoning as far back as Origen.

allegory for what?

I never really understood how bizzare the Eden story was until I listened to a biblical proffessor talk about it.

He lays it out like this
*God tells Adam not to it the fruit but he does not tell Eve it, none of the text implies she knew
*Eve here's about the fruit from the serphent and eats it
*She gives the fruit to Adam
*There is nothing to imply Adam knows what type of fruit she has been given
*This entire time God has been unable to find them and he only discovers them after the fact

Eden is basically a giant accident.

He compared it to some Mesopotiamiam myth about humanity leaving nature. According to him Eden is meant to be a story about humanity stopped living with nature and became civilized, the first thing Adam and Eve do is invent clothing which now seperates them from animals.

Origin really isn't far back. He's almost a thousand years after Eden is written. The allegorical reading is not the original reading. The original understandings were very literal.

I'd assume for the material creation of the universe and mankind's evolution/prehistory. To introduce the idea that mankind has somehow fallen from his ideal state and needs salvation.

Old Testament=Demiurge

I meant the standard explanation these days. And Origen is pretty damn far back, I just brought him up as an example of a fairly old thinker who suggested a non-literal interpretation of Genesis. I personally have no idea how common or uncommon non-literal interpretations of Genesis were historically.

ok cool

how about moses and shit? how does that work? why did god have to use moses to save all the slaves from rameses when he could have just killed rameses like what he did with the first born sons?

I'm the first guy, and fucked if I know.

Also, that bit about the Demiurge is a Gnostic idea, which is considered heretical by mainstream Christianity.

Wrong.

The genesis only says adam eve have more sons and daughters. At no point do any other humans magically appear like the first two.

Then there's this old chestnut
Either he didnt know about satans plan, or he did and he didnt know what adam would do. Or he knew everything before hand which shows he just like to watch people struggling. He asked cain what happened to able knowing full well he was dead. He asked just to see if Cain would lie. Thats some parent shit if i ever heard of it.

>he thinks the same genetic downsides of incest apply to biblical characters

>He asked just to see if Cain would lie
so then he didn't already know that Cain would lie

Nah, he knew. Something about cursed earth from his brothers blood. Basically somebody snitched on cain. So god knew. Then Cain got all lippy too,

>i dont know where he is.. Am i my brothers keeper?